Anime Discussion Thread

RE: Best Anime Series?

senien isn't made for people age 18-35, it's just that senien is mainly horror and meant to attract those between 16-24, I read alot of manga and watch alot of anime, anyways, this is for both manga and anime

story wise: medabot's, shaman king, hajimete no aku and one piece (in that order)

artwork wise: flcl, durarara, Katanagatari, bakuman, shut hel, defense devil, frankan fran, shaman warrior.

update's (thing's I watch just to watch and read, and keep me ahead of the curb) bleach, naruto.

I'm going to also recommend Cowboy Bebop.

It wasn't in my original list, but whatever.

-Bleach
-One Piece
-Pokemon :|
-Yu Yu Hakusho
-Naruto :D

Um....
well I've only been into anime for a little bit, so I only have a few to list.

Comedy:Keroro Gunso
Hands down. Its a parody of alien invasions, what beats that? I would watch the SUBS. The DUBS absolutely suck.

I only crawled into any other mangas. (like as in, the first ten episodes....)
so I can't really say anymore than that. But from what I've heard from other Keroro fans, its supposed to be funnier than others...
you can find the first episode...
http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=2588
here.

Death Note (Before they killed off "L"
Fooly Cooly (The best thing to show your kids ever)
Fullmetal Alchemist (Do I have to say anything about this?)

Four words: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Nothing else has that many awesome scenes, and tearjerkers within 27 episodes.

The only series with more testosterone than TTGL is Fist of the North Star.

Best Beat'em-up: Yu-Yu Hakusho.
It seems me and Crystal Hikari agree on quite a few things on this list. Yu Yu Hakusho isn't just senseless world domination, but rather each character has a legitimate story for their actions. You know an anime is good if a character can almost justify wanting to destroy mankind, however this isn't what catergory I picked it for. Yu Yu Hakusho is fists, guns, whips, and swords. In Dragon Ball Z there is an over abundance of ki attacks and you can not completely get into the pain their feeling. In Bleach the characters can hardly even hit each other of they'll be dead too soon. In Yu Yu Hakusho fists settle your problems and only occasionally will there be Blasts of energy as the main factor in a fight (Like maybe it will end the fight but it won't be omnipresent).

Best Mystery Series: Detective Conan/Case Closed
By far Detective Conan is the best mystery I have read. The main character has been shrunk into a kid by mysterious organization who believed he was killed by poison. Now the detective is doing whatever he can to stay on their trail and eventually bring them into the police. Besides that main plot Detective Conan is full of side mysteries that he solves to keep his mind sharp.

Best young teen/girl anime: Suzuka
Not sure if there is an anime to it but I have read the manga. Suzuka isn't the main character, but she is his love interest and she's a track and field star, smart, and cute. The story follows their friendship and soon love as the story moves on.

Best Plot-twister: Monster
I just have to give it to Monster because every chapter is a plot twist just about. Monster is about a surgeon who saves a little boy's life, but he turns out to be a murderer. The murderer then becomes in-twined in the Doctor's life he swears that he will kill the boy so that he may do no one more harm. The little boy like grows up to be some type of Hitler revival, need I say more?

Best Historical: Rurouni Kenshin
Everything about the time period is just so PERFECT. I don't think I need to say more

Best Mecha: Gundam Wing
The beat Gundam of all Gundams. Best characters, best story, plot best everything.

Best Robot-Human: Chobits

Best Art: Hajime No Ippo: The new Challenger
The art is just wow. It's a boxing anime that would make you want to get up and try it.

Best Plotter: Death Note
I think we all know why. Enjoyed it until after L's death.

A close second in this catergory is Code Geass.

Best Mature Anime with a Plot: Gantz
Probably one of few with a decent plot that I've read. But basically a sadistic alien man bring people back to life once they've died but only if they go alien hunting. The more aliens you kill the more points you gain, by reaching 100 points you can revive someone who died while trying to win, obtain a new weapon and continue playing, or leave the game with no memories of your encounters. The story brings 3 friends to question friendships, experience hardships, and gain determination for the survival of themselves and for those they've begun to care about. Manga goes more indepth

In my opinion Outlaw Star. Its not very well known but my friends and I think it is amazing. Also animes that I love Bleach, Naruto and of course the granddaddy of all Dragon ball (Z).
[attachment=5968]

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 7

I will leave open for further discussion.

I like Crayon Shin Chan, Case Closed and all Miyazaki (if it counts)

I am really into Kurokami right now. But.... not too sure. Maybe Bleach? Reborn?!

Deltora Quest is > then all other Animes because of its bad voice acting and backround music that distracts from the darkness of the Book Series.

Guys, start explaining why you like whichever anime you chose. I'm treating this like an anime discussion. If it continues to get best/favorite posts, it will get locked.

As for me and my very limited anime experience, Inuyasha would probably be the one I liked the most. It's also one of the only ones I've watched from beginning to end, but it easily beat Pokemon and Digimon, both having mediocre story-lines and concepts.

For me, I'm more old school. I would say my favorite is Yuyu-Hakusho, like c'mon, it's a awesome action packed series that you can ACTUALLY follow on. Unlike anime these days... They have like 500 episodes, it makes people and I not want to watch it since it wastes more time.

Azul,
That is true. There is a popular anime that spent an entire season, I think, on one battle. Try Cowboy Bebop 26 episodes. The animation is among the best. I don't like jazz, but the jazz in the sound track is interesting.

Back