Anime Discussion Thread

RE: Best Anime Series?

Prince of Tennis gets me every time. It's just so amazing. Nostalgia almost kills me when I hear "Dear Prince", it was just so perfect. However, the middle of the anime is my favorite.
It went a little over the top in the 25 episode OVA, but it was still extremely entertaining.

I reccommend Hajime No Ippo, so extremely inspiring you'll sprain every toe on a table four times over when you're watching a match. I was actually on the edge of my seat, heart racing, whispering "Go Ippo go" during the championship match. Also hilarious.

Detective Conan, so phenominally awesome. Watching Conan figure out the cases is genious. The anime version of Sherlock Holmes, maybe even more enjoyable.

Mizublue said:
I reccommend Hajime No Ippo, so extremely inspiring you'll sprain every toe on a table four times over when you're watching a match. I was actually on the edge of my seat, heart racing, whispering "Go Ippo go" during the championship match. Also hilarious.

Yeah it's the Rocky of Anime/Manga for sure, the Manga is pretty good as well. I was really disappointed when they stopped airing new anime episodes for the series and mainly stuck with the manga version which continues off where the Anime ended like 100-200 so chapters ago.

I'd also recommend watching One Piece, they air less fillers than Bleach and Naruto and each episode is truly amazing. Epic storyline, followed by a great cast of characters, action, adventure, and fighting rolled into one. It's like a fusion of Akira Toriyama's Dragonball and Disney's Peter Pan. It's a shame Naruto didn't live up to the hype One Piece has.

If you're into the hardcore Anime/Manga you might be interested in Gantz and Berserk. The Gantz Manga is currently ongoing while I think Berserk ended however it's truly epic If you can handle it.

I recommend whats in my sig kampfer and princess princess good action and comedy anime if you want pure action you could try Kaze no Stigma or maybe the mobile suit gundam series both are pretty good but for comedy try princess princess and action plus comedy try kampfer and before you ask yes I'm a guy.

I enjoy Samurai Girls.Its a fairly new anime,so I wouldn't expect anyone to have heard of it.

@Mizuble: You watch Case Closed! XD I though I was the only one...
OK, so, 2 animes actually then, Case Closed and Lucky Star!

This may sound weird, but what is the best anime with cat girls? My girlfriend wants to cosplay as one, but she doesn't know any.

LOL: I just realized that this was my thread!

^^lol, you're definitely not the only one, I'm addicted like it's crack.
I just started watching Samurai 7 and Samurai Deeper Kyo. I was searching for a good anime to watch, and I found two samurai anime. Both are extremely epic from what I've seen. Awesome they are, watch them you must.

@lilsparks: Same here, it's the only reason I started watching anime, I started watching Case Closed when I was like, 10

GHJamesGH: I dont know specifically any anime's for cat girls, but I do know that Tokyo Mew Mew has a character within your requests. lol

And I know what you mean, I LOVE the idea of a person having wolf ears and tail.... sigh...

Back