Anime Discussion Thread

RE: Best Anime Series?

One of the anime that i don' think that was mentioned was Soul Eater, man that anime is awesome its so excited, funny well scripted and in my opinion has the best opening for any anime ever, unfortunately it only went up to 1 season.

Fushigi Yuugi is the best.
Ragnarok aswell.

I don't really like Naruto anymore, CN ruined it with crappy voice acting..

Arakawa Under the Bridge, FLCL, Natsume Yujinchou, Gintama, and Last Exile are some of my favorites.

Code Geass is the best I think. It has a lot of action.

FullMetal Alchemist is the best IMO. Perfect mix of comedy, science, and action.

Gurren Lagann (Robots the size of universe)
One piece (Current point is just EPIC)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiyama (The movie has spoilt anime for me)
Death Note :)D)
Groove adventure Rave (Seriously underrated)

I find that soul eater would have been much better if it followed the manga

Zoro: You cant just leave it like that. "It has a lot of action" is not a good persuation statement. Not many people are drawn to pure pointless action.

Code Geass IS one of my votes for best anime series however. It has a great storyline and it developes the characters over the course of the series. It is not totally predictable like some shows are either. (Thats a good thing) The action and effects are great.

Next to Code Geass its a tie between Mahou Shoujo Nanoha StrikerS and Zoids Genesis.

There is a lack of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni in here.

We need to change that...

But, uh, yeah Keroro Gunsou is awesome too, and Arakawa Under the Bridge is as nearly as random as random can get. Star Driver gets points too if only because what is going here and why am i watching this.

Since I can't say Dragon Ball, I vote Dragon Ball Z. :p

If that doesn't work, I'll vote Death Note. Although only like, 27 episodes, it's pretty good. Also loved One Piece, when it was on.

@Setzer (Harry), what?!?!?! L dying is the best thing that happened in that Anime!(I'm Team Kira)

I Can't believe no one has said Soul Eater, It is epic, has a lot of action, great plot, awesome ending, spectacular fights, it is hilarious, has epic characters, and it will make you laugh, cry, and SCREAM!

I wouldn't recommend bleach because it is still going, Death Note(really good) has 36 episodes, and Soul Eater(my favorite) has 51. Angel Beats is a really good anime also(my 3rd favorite). Naruto Shippuden is better than Naruto IMO. It depends if you watch Dubbed or Subbed(I prefer subbed). BTW my Sig right now(I might get it changed in a few says) is from Soul Eater and my avatar(I might get it changes soon also) is based off of Death Note. I have never seen Code Geass(I think it is about War, if it is I'm not watching it... I don't like War, It bores me.) Inuyasha is a MUST SEE! most everyone I know who watches anime a lot has seen Inuyasha, It is epic.

Oh, and if I'm wrong about Code Geass, please correct me.
Another Oh, Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot I didn't see your post... THANK YOU!

Epic Soul Eater AMV
Another Epic Soul Eater AMV

mr.619 said:
If that doesn't work, I'll vote Death Note. Although only like, 27 episodes, it's pretty good. Also loved One Piece, when it was on.

Well I hope you're not referring to the 4Kids version of One Piece, after dubbing Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! they've pretty much ruined almost any Anime series they've touched and the problem for them dubbing One Piece was due to the target demographic of the audience it's targeting.

At least FUNimation got it right, I'd much less watch the Japanese Subs for it and read the Manga Scanlations for it. Yu Yu Hakusho was pretty good infact it's one of the most underrated series in the U.S. even though it was short lived on Toonami.

My vote goes to Lucky Star!!!! It's so cute! And really funny
(Yes, I am a guy, don't make fun of my vocabulary)

Lucky Star is one of the reasons why Lolicon and Fanservice in Anime/Manga actually exist, without it the world of Anime/Manga might of been better off but it could've been inevitable who knows.

Card Slinger J: I know what you mean. 4Kids TV and any other american source, totally ruins anime with their idea of a good ENG Dub.

Im so familiar with the JPN voices for Yugioh 5Ds, that when I heard Sherry's english voice I nearly pooped my pants. lol Its the same thing with those Yliaster people. Their voices were ruined...

Another thing the ENG dub does is changes a lot. Also in 5D's, Leo's eng voice changed like 3 times.

I find it funny that Japan is such a serious "high respect for elders" country, yet their idea of what is appropriate for TV is quite the opposite. The JPN version of many anime's will often show nudity more then the USA versions. lol

FUNimation and Ocean Group had some great English dubs especially for The Slayers, Fullmetal Alchemist, and of course Dragonball Z which was one of their best works. The musical score's in that dub were top notch.

I would vote Soul Eater but only half the anime was cannon. If it carried on and followed the manga then I would reccomend it.
I'd like to see Panty & Stocking in this thread. It is the most Gainax thing I have ever seen.

I would also recommend School Rumble because it is the funniest anime I have ever seen!

Back