Are These Cards Real or Fake?

RE: Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

omahanime said:
Error Class:

Printer: When a single card, or a very small run of cards have the same error. Normally smudges, miscuts, or alignment errors. Value is variable and discretionary.

The rough condition really kills the value.

RE: Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

I have a reverse holo Lysandre that looked odd and matte on the picture of Lysandre himself, and when I had a friend of mine take a look at it, he noticed that it's because Lysandre himself was actually made holo. Has anyone else found a card like this? I would provide pictures but it's a little hard to show.

Hey, guys! I have an error card Tauros that I've kept in storage ever since I was about 12.
The 1st Edition logo is printed over the Type symbol at the top right.
I was just wondering what you guys thought it might be worth and I understand sometimes it's hard to put a value to things like this.
Here's the URL. http://s27.postimg.org/ssy2el0hv/10452927_667394970008176_7675243427529150503_o.jpg

Thanks again.

Frost Mage said:
I have a reverse holo Lysandre that looked odd and matte on the picture of Lysandre himself, and when I had a friend of mine take a look at it, he noticed that it's because Lysandre himself was actually made holo. Has anyone else found a card like this? I would provide pictures but it's a little hard to show.
I don't know, if you get it to hit light it should show. We really need proof before people claim to have errors :/

Magmonix said:
Hey, guys! I have an error card Tauros that I've kept in storage ever since I was about 12.
The 1st Edition logo is printed over the Type symbol at the top right.
I was just wondering what you guys thought it might be worth and I understand sometimes it's hard to put a value to things like this.
Here's the URL. http://s27.postimg.org/ssy2el0hv/10452927_667394970008176_7675243427529150503_o.jpg

Thanks again.
THANK YOU for providing a picture.

That card seems like one of a kind, its probably not too valuable but its defiantly worth over 10 bucks. I'd guess 15-20 dollars? Not too sure on older cards but its still a nice card.

Reggie McGigas said:
THANK YOU for providing a picture.

That card seems like one of a kind, its probably not too valuable but its defiantly worth over 10 bucks. I'd guess 15-20 dollars? Not too sure on older cards but its still a nice card.

I don't see how you could give me a decent appraisal without one ;D
Thanks for the quick answer as well.
I guess I'll start looking around and seeing if I can't find someone who's interested.

[split] Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

I'm not sure if it would be considered a misprint or an error, but i have a Diamond and Pearl-Great Encounters Latios. The name on it is misspelled Lation instead of Latios. I haven't seen any other latios cards with this error, so I don't know how rare it is.

Attachments

• HNI_0002.JPG
    HNI_0002.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 46
  • HNI_0004.JPG
    HNI_0004.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 37

could be a fake card but without a pic we cant say for sure

RE: [split] Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

HastyLucario said:
I'm not sure if it would be considered a misprint or an error, but i have a Diamond and Pearl-Great Encounters Latios. The name on it is misspelled Lation instead of Latios. I haven't seen any other latios cards with this error, so I don't know how rare it is.

Sorry to say, but that's a fake. The text and colors are off.

RE: [split] Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

I don't see how it could be fake though. I got it out of a official pack of cards I bought from wallmart.

Here's a better picture of it

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    482.8 KB · Views: 29
RE: Are These Cards Real or Fake?

Sometimes Walmart and other big box retailers buy cards from 3rd party companies rather than directly from TPCi. Oftentimes these cards are the ones you see in special packages different than those sold directly from TPCi and may include loose cards or packs or a combination of both. It isn't unheard of for those 3rd party packages to sometimes have fake cards since they come from many different sources and are simply sold cheaply to make an easy profit.

HastyLucario said:
Absolutely a fake. Fonts are wrong, symbols are wrong, and as these cards are mass produced, if it was real, there would be other misprints with the "Lation" name. As Athena said, it's not unheard of for cards from Walmart to come from third party sources (especially cards from older sets) -- and unfortunately, it's not unheard of for some of those cards to be fake. How long ago did you buy the pack?

CMP said:
Absolutely a fake. Fonts are wrong, symbols are wrong, and as these cards are mass produced, if it was real, there would be other misprints with the "Lation" name. As Athena said, it's not unheard of for cards from Walmart to come from third party sources (especially cards from older sets) -- and unfortunately, it's not unheard of for some of those cards to be fake. How long ago did you buy the pack?

Around when the packs first came out

Those are fakes. The energy symbols, the fonts... It's a lot of things that's not right about them.

blueskek said:
Luispipe8 said:
Those are fakes. The energy symbols, the fonts... It's a lot of things that's not right about them.

Really?

I think they are the 'shadowless cards', first prints of the base packs.

These have the features of the additional 99 in the date at the bottom, no shadow on the right of the picture etc. My cards seem to match this shadowless category, and I thought with the omission of the black lines, that these were maybe rarer.

I have one or two other 'shadowless cards' that look how you describe and how they have been described over the Internet so I maybe don't think they are fake.

Explanation of a shadowless card here http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-is-a-SHADOWLESS-Pokemon-Card-/10000000177666025/g.html
Cheers!

I do know what a Shadowless card is. Sure, your card IS shadowless, but not from THE Shadowless Base Set cards. Let's go through the mistakes from the fake Diglett:
1) Both the "Basic Pokémon" and the "Diglett" text is smaller.
2) The "30 HP" is in a different color AND size, and also their distance to the Type of the card varies.
3) The Energy symbols are completely different from the original ones.
4) The image's frame and the Dex data box are different.
5) The attacks have a different font, as well as Dex descriptions.
6) Both fake cards have DIFFERENT RARITIES!! xD

Those cards are nowhere near being real. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, though.

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

eherrin06 said:
Where are the errors on these cards? I can't make them out? Once I know where they are I need to check my cards. I have all these Pokemon. Thanks XD.:)

look like errors to me though there has been a new scam on ebay with people stamping the 1rst edition symbol on unlimited cards to make quick cash

I have a base set Diglett with a tan border. It looks legit but I can't findany similar errors. Will post a pick when able to.

Thoughts?

Some cards had that border but as IRC they were much rarer than a regular card. For example a card that is a common with that border would be worth a Diamond uncommon or star Rare etc. If it is a rare with that border it is an Ultra rare and is worth a 3 starred Ultra rare.:)

The-Kaiser said:
look like errors to me though there has been a new scam on ebay with people stamping the 1rst edition symbol on unlimited cards to make quick cash

I've noticed this too. I even saw someone putting a fake stamp on an unlimited run base set charizard

some poor guy bought it for like 120 bucks

sucks

[split] The "Merchandise Help" Thread

So I was looking through eBay listings, and found a binder lot of Pokemon cards, which happens to include a Shadowless Base Set Charizard. I asked the seller if he could provide more pics, and if he would be willing to sell it by itself. He replied back, saying that he thinks it's fake but isn't 100% sure.

Just wanted to ask you guys if it's real or not. As far as I can tell, maybe the coloring on the front looks off, but I'm not 100% sure either lol. Thanks in advance :)

[attachment=7578]
^^^ Had to save the screen cap as a pdf file.

Attachments

• Doc2.pdf
    210 KB · Views: 59
Back