Artistic Inquiries Thread - Ask Anything Related to Art!

RE: Art Questions Thread

Servineiscool said:
What is the color code of the area that will be behind the avatar? Like that greyish color that will be behind this Text?

It alternates between #efefef and #f5f5f5. The first post in any thread starts out with the lighter grey, and the next has the slightly darker grey, and the one after that is light grey again, and so on.

Why do you want such a colour for avatars anyway?

XieRH said:
Servineiscool said:
What is the color code of the area that will be behind the avatar? Like that greyish color that will be behind this Text?

It alternates between #efefef and #f5f5f5. The first post in any thread starts out with the lighter grey, and the next has the slightly darker grey, and the one after that is light grey again, and so on.

Why do you want such a colour for avatars anyway?

I would like to be able to use just this one software. I just switched to Mac. I want to be able to make the images look transparent when they are not. So i just want a simple color code so they will look transparent on just pokebeach. Incase you want to know im doing pokemon sprites so, yeah. Thanks for the code too!

Servineiscool said:
I want to be able to make the images look transparent when they are not.

How is that going to work when there are 2 colour codes? it'd be so much easier to just make them transparent from the beginning. Photoshop isnt the only software with transparency support.

ok, this is more of a value question, but it still pertains to art. I picked up a Wacom Bamboo Touch & Pen at a pawn shop today for $45. it came in the box with a driver cd and the stylus. as far as i could tell, that is everything that there was supposed to be. was that a good price?

Try out the tablet and you'll see. Also you might wanna inspect its quality (surface scratches, wear on stylus nibs, etc)

I'm not that into art tbh. It is pretty much like new. no scratches or wear or anything. I have never used one before now. I am just curious to if i got a good deal or not. i have just been using it for a mouse and i like it a lot more. the text entry is kinda a pain though since i have bad handwriting

tbh If you're not into art you're probably not going to have much use for the tablet that you couldn't already get with the mouse... If that's the case it'd be hard to say if you got a good deal or not since people could say "oh this tablet can do this or that" but then you'd say "I'm not into art so that doesn't concern me"

btw if you wanna prevent scratches on the bamboo (since it does scratch easily), you should put something on the tablet as a protective layer. The stylus doesnt need to touch the tablet surface to work (it works on by pressure applied on the stylus tip)

If I upload a picture to PokeBeach straight from my documents, will other users be able to see where it came from (if they open it in a new window or something)? I like my privacy, so I want to know this before I upload anything. Thanks in advance!

P0KEVORTEX said:
If I upload a picture to PokeBeach straight from my documents, will other users be able to see where it came from (if they open it in a new window or something)? I like my privacy, so I want to know this before I upload anything. Thanks in advance!

lol how is this an art question?

When you upload something from your documents, you are not putting a sign that points to your documents. You are making a digital copy of the pic at the online destination. It could be a forum (like in an attachment), or a hosting website, etc.

Even if you host the image on your own, you can set it up in a way that doesnt reveal what you don't want to reveal. An example, you see that little Staryu icon at the top right corner of this forum? Its URL is images/toplinks/staryu.gif from that alone you can't tell where the staryu icon came from. All it is known is the relative path of the filename.

OK, thanks. So does that just automatically hide your file destination when you upload it?

I think you need to give a clearer explanation of what you mean by stuff like "privacy" and "destination" and stuff like that. What do you exactly mean by people being "able to see where it came from"? Are you talking in terms of IP address of the uploader? Website hosting the media? I'm not sure I follow you correctly but everything I said earlier pretty much covers the basics of uploading stuff onto the internet.

Long story short, images uploaded online have simply a URL (like everything else). Like all other URLs it obeys the syntax format
scheme://domain:port/path?query_string#fragment_id

That technically does NOT tell people where the pic comes from, but rather, where to find the pic online.

Ok, thanks again for your help. What I mean is do other people have access to see where your picture is saved, e.g. on Windows, it might be Users/John Smith/My Pictures/Image.jpg or something like that. Would they be able to see that location the same as I wrote above?

P0KEVORTEX said:
Ok, thanks again for your help. What I mean is do other people have access to see where your picture is saved, e.g. on Windows, it might be Users/John Smith/My Pictures/Image.jpg or something like that. Would they be able to see that location the same as I wrote above?

of course not.

Thanks. I should have just said that in the first place, sorry for taking up your time.

I'm thinking of making an art thread, but i just have a few questions.

In all of the art threads, when you click on the word-links it takes you to the picture. How do I turn links into words? Also, how do I send it to the picture? Do I need to sign up for an image-hosting website? Is so, what are some good ones? Thanks in advance.

Code:
[url=google.ca]This takes you to google[/url]
This takes you to google

Just change url=google.ca to url=Whatever the URL direct link is. Yes, you will need to sign up, I would recommend Imageshack or Photobucket.

pokemon99 said:
Code:
[url=google.ca]This takes you to google[/url]
This takes you to google

Just change url=google.ca to url=Whatever the URL direct link is. Yes, you will need to sign up, I would recommend Imageshack or Photobucket.

Thanks. May my sort-of coming soon art thread be here, well, soon.

I don't think I'm reviving a dead thread so I'll ask something..

You know the Marqee tool in PS has the '+' cursor and the Brush/Eraser tools etc. has the circle cursor when you are using it? Mine sometimes appears a different cursor... What is the problem?

Go to Edit > Preferences > Cursors

check your cursor settings there.

FOund mine in Edit > Preferance > General > Cursor... Mine is PS CS2..

Thanks...

Back