Band on the brain?

Greatest Band of the 90's

• Total voters
RE: What band is in YOUR thoughts?

I hate Rise Against.... But don't let that stop you from listening to them!! ^^'

Rise Against and Rage are 2 completely different bands. Rise Against is a new Emo/Screamo Band, Rage is a band that was popular back in the 90's and was criticized for being so political. They had hits like "Bulls on Parade," "Gorilla Radio," and "Killing in the Name Of." After the band broke up, a few of the members united with a few of the members of Soundgarden to form Audioslave. Well Audioslave broke up a few years back and Rage got back together.

ArceusShayminLovr said:
Oh them!! Didn't they do "Maggie's Farm"?!! I like them

Maggie's Farm is originally done by Bob Dylan, but yes, Rage did do a cover of it.

Yeah that's pretty much was I was trying to say. Yeah my stepdad plays them on the stereo.

gamercal said:
A lot of good bands I approve of mentioned here :p

Nobody has mentioned Thousand Foot Krutch though, which makes me a sad panda :(

Skillet, Three Days Grace, Staind and Pillar are all good too though. Yeah, I'm way into my hard-hitting rock :p
You just made my day ;)

Like cal it seems, I like rock bands but usually the ones that are underated and ones that have never had that big hit but are still good. Things like "Pillar" and "The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus". I am also a Green Day fanatic - more of their songs on my iPod than any other band. Stuff like Coldplay and Good Charlotte (Their older stuff) make my list as well.

I don't really like most of the stuff thats considered good these days, like Lady Gaga and Rhianna or whatever.

Colplay is awesome. I have like thirty of their songs in my iPod.

Shade Daroach said:
You just made my day ;)

Like cal it seems, I like rock bands but usually the ones that are underated and ones that have never had that big hit but are still good. Things like "Pillar" and "The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus". I am also a Green Day fanatic - more of their songs on my iPod than any other band. Stuff like Coldplay and Good Charlotte (Their older stuff) make my list as well.

I don't really like most of the stuff thats considered good these days, like Lady Gaga and Rhianna or whatever.

I do try. ^_^

Also RJA woo :D. Face Down (acoustic more), Your Guardian Angel, Cat & Mouse, Atrophy... and a few others I am getting back into at the moment. All awesome stuff :D

"All Around Me" by Flyleaf is completely locked in my head at the moment. I don't really know why, as I don't like too many of their songs (haven't gotten their most recent album though, and a lot of the acoustic versions of their songs are great).

Also, totally agree for your last line. The only one like that I can tolerate is Katy Perry, and even then it's like two songs or something that are ok (at best).

An odd like for my tastes is Owl City. I dunno, the guy just has a way with some of his songs of getting into you and never coming out... kinda annoying how that happens, but he's good imo. :p

Speaking of Owl City, I can not stand them. To me, their music sounds like some sorta tree hugger stuff. In my eyes, a tree hugger is a hippie minus the drugs, it was the drugs that made people like Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and many others great stars.

But I only have "Hello Seattle" which is an outlier in music for me. Usually it's stuff like Nirvana!!! :/ (muahahahahahaha!!!!)

Brick by Boring brick made me obsessed with Paramore again.
I also have been listening to 21 guns a lot. I wish more of their songs were like it.

Story of the Year and Hot Chelle Rae are in my head right now.

I've been listening to kottonmouth kings alot lately. So much good music, the new song ain't too bad, can't wait for "Long Live The Kings" on 4-20

Back