Banning of foreign language cards 9/1/09

At least PUSA will have a lot of money to give us really cool events...?

I mean they let us just go to tournaments for free and buy out these big places. The free stuff they give out to winners and in general and all that good stuff. I think it's only fair.

This totally, utterly, completely sucks! I was going to make a Gallade 4 Lv X deck with, guess what... Japanese Cards! I'm so signing as many of these petitions as possible!

YOu know guys, a better solution for them is to make the cards cheaper and easier to get. The only reason you probably buy JPN cards is because it is cheaper and easier to obtain what you want right? Try and make a petition to make the cards easier to obtain.

You see, we have a bad economy right now in the USA. Stores are running out of business, people lose their jobs, it's not cool. So, if we are only permitted to buy the cards that are our language, that lets PUSA get more of a profit. So maybe, if they have more of a profit, they can sell us better stuff in the future. Think about that.

Hehehehe:D...I just can't help but laugh at the people who actually buy japanese cards...you have to buy 2 boxes just to get 4 more packs than an American box. Yeah, whatever, better ratios, bla bla bla bla. I think that in 72 American packs, you're gonna get better stuff than in 40 japanese packs for the SAME PRICE!....*sheesh....Maybe i'm wrong, but the cheapest I saw Potf boxs on Ebay was like, $80, same price you can get American boxes for....RIPOFF!!!!!

P.S. I do kinda feel sorry for you guys. I wouldn't feel so great if PUSA flushed my money down the toilet.:(

hate this change so much... ... .. ... What happen to all japan card english player has... ....are they just disappear.....

Clefspeare said:
Hehehehe:D...I just can't help but laugh at the people who actually buy japanese cards...you have to buy 2 boxes just to get 4 more packs than an American box. Yeah, whatever, better ratios, bla bla bla bla. I think that in 72 American packs, you're gonna get better stuff than in 40 japanese packs for the SAME PRICE!....*sheesh...Maybe I'm wrong, but the cheapest I saw Potf boxs on Ebay was like, $80, same price you can get American boxes for....RIPOFF!!!!!

P.S. I do kinda feel sorry for you guys. I wouldn't feel so great if PUSA flushed my money down the toilet.:(

Trust me, the jpn boxes are far better than the english ones. I got 3 Uxie and 3 Lv.x (quite often there are 4 lv.x) out of my jpn LA box. An english one you would be lucky to get 1 uxie, and you would be lucky to get 2 lv.x per box. Not only that, but there is a holo rare in EVERY jpn booster. You really dont knwo what your talking about. Buying english boxes is the ripoff... -.-

Gliscor said:
You see, we have a bad economy right now in the USA. Stores are running out of business, people lose their jobs, it's not cool. So, if we are only permitted to buy the cards that are our language, that lets PUSA get more of a profit. So maybe, if they have more of a profit, they can sell us better stuff in the future. Think about that.

Doubtful. True, they may want more money, but they are not going to make better stuff. Like a lot of people, they'll just keep trying to get more and more and more $$$, which isn't cool. How will they do this? Make pack sizes lower, increase prices, and make good cards even rarer.

The Japanese TCG company is going to frown on them when they hear this.....sales will go down without American players buying them. With both PCL and almost every player hating the new policy, I have a feeling it won't stay in effect for a while.

team overdose said:
PUI HOW WELL DO U THINK THIS WILL WORK THIS ISNT FREAKING YUGIOH
It'll work very well. It's PUI. They'll DQ you if you don't follow the rules.

>.>

Now I think their even more stingy then before. And our prices over here are more expensive than the stuff in the US.

I will say that I can see where they're coming from. Financial aspects aside, they must get endless streams of complaints for various reasons (don't have a scan, scan from wrong place, having to run and find the scan, etc). I see the foreign language cards creating more of a hassle than helping, and as such have always gone out of the way to make my decks 100% English.

Blue Thunder said:
Gliscor said:

Doubtful. True, they may want more money, but they are not going to make better stuff. Like a lot of people, they'll just keep trying to get more and more and more $$$, which isn't cool. How will they do this? Make pack sizes lower, increase prices, and make good cards even rarer.

The Japanese TCG company is going to frown on them when they hear this...sales will go down without American players buying them. With both PCL and almost every player hating the new policy, I have a feeling it won't stay in effect for a while.

i hope it doesnt end up like yugioh with konami n UDE battling each other...we all know how it ruined the game!

i really hope those guys at PUSA dont go the AIG way thinking they're "too big to fail"... pls dont repeat another american stupidity....we already had enough![/size]

May I ask something...Why do you care so much about them being in Japanese? I own many Japanese cards, but that's because I wanted a jump start on the sets. It won't kill you to wait a few months to buy a new set. Also if you got a box or something just sell it or the valuable cards. This isn't anything to cry over, much less quit over. It doesn't change or break the game. It just means you don't get a fancy Japanese card in your deck anymore.

Also a quick side note. Petitions in most cases do nothing.

^ You don't get the problem. If some people have 80% of their cards in Japanese, what happens after the change? They can't build decks. Or if your Uxies/Claydols are Japanese, they have to spend $50 for more. Also, we can't get decent boxes anymore because English ones are horrible, and single cards will go up in cost.

Back