Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

In your Vanguard Circle it would usually be a 13k attacker to their Vanguard and by discarding a Grade 3 from hand that's 14k which isn't bad but once DOTE is released it will be played heavily over Dragonic Waterfall cause you want to run a max of 8 Grade 3's being the regular Overlord and DOTE itself however it will make running Kagero to be very expensive especially the Perfect Guards themselves.

I saw the spoilers for BT09 and it's interesting especially Limit Break 5 with Platinum Ezel which seems tricky to pull off and Ezel is getting his own search units with a Starting Vanguard to search him out as well much like how there's stuff in the BT05 that has stuff to search out Blaster Units. If you want me to post a partial spoiler for BT09 let me know.

Card Slinger J said:
In your Vanguard Circle it would usually be a 13k attacker to their Vanguard and by discarding a Grade 3 from hand that's 14k which isn't bad but once DOTE is released it will be played heavily over Dragonic Waterfall cause you want to run a max of 8 Grade 3's being the regular Overlord and DOTE itself however it will make running Kagero to be very expensive especially the Perfect Guards themselves.

I saw the spoilers for BT09 and it's interesting especially Limit Break 5 with Platinum Ezel which seems tricky to pull off and Ezel is getting his own search units with a Starting Vanguard to search him out as well much like how there's stuff in the BT05 that has stuff to search out Blaster Units. If you want me to post a partial spoiler for BT09 let me know.

Firstly, it gains+10,000 and I think Kyrph is still bettah :p

Kyrph is still a better Starting Vanguard for Ezel just for the Superior Ride alone yet I've been playing Spring Breeze Messenger as my Starting Vanguard in GP and it runs quite smoothly and I might be taking Ezel out for Pellinore cause of the way I can Superior Call a full field of units quite easily and still manage to trigger LB in the process.

Out of my testing with GP especially in small tournaments, it seems to have a bit of trouble against Spectral Duke GP, Azure Deity NG, and Galahad RP. I later find out that my deck doesn't run enough Grade 2's so I took Sleygal Dagger out for 1 Providence Strategist for the extra draw as RG. I've been tied to 2nd place twice with my GP deck while I'm still trying to get Flash Shield, Iseult's for my RP deck still.

I'm still debating If I want to get Perfect Guards for my Royal Paladin deck since I got $55 to spend from my birthday in the last several days. Seems like most of the good eBay singles for Vanguard are from Singapore and less in the United States. Might go with getting Kaijudo singles instead since it's getting more popular in my area.

So with the next American set we're getting a handfull of clans that are finally able to make decks.
Anyone going to make Megacolony, Shadow Paladin or Dimension Police?

I'm interested in Dimension Police, though sadly with just set 4 the only worthwhile build is Enigman Storm, and the deck really won't do much in the meta. Once we get set 5 and set 8, however... things will be different.

I went ahead and got the RP Perfect/Null Guards, still 1 shy of a playset which I hope to get and the 3 Flash Shield, Iseult's cost me a total of $66.00 on eBay since they're roughly $20-21 a piece. Might spend about $40 on 2 Pellinore's for my GP deck.

A BUNCH of set 9 stuff just leaked. A lot of new and interesting cards coming out over seas. Can't wait until we get them.

I had a feeling that Chrome Jailer might not be an SDD crossride since it had 10k base instead of 11k but damn it's good anyway. And Blaster Blade spirit and Blaster Dark Spirit are pretty damn broken.

EDIT: I lied. THE BLOOD is broken.

TPZ said:
A BUNCH of set 9 stuff just leaked. A lot of new and interesting cards coming out over seas. Can't wait until we get them.

Yeah that won't be until late next year If the TCG manages to stay afloat in the U.S. unless Kaijudo catches up and 2 out of 1 hobby stores in my area are currently getting alot of Kaijudo players due to League and it seems like there may be a Nationals in the U.S. for it as well soon from what I heard from some people I met with recently that joined Kaijudo League.

I still can't believe how dirt cheap Kaijudo is compared to Vanguard, and my current Nature/Water deck in Kaijudo cost me at least a couple of booster boxes and trades without having to order any singles online except for maybe trying to get 3 copies of Crystal Memory which is unavailable on eBay right now except via bid. For my Royal and Gold Paladin decks in Vanguard it took me a LONG while just to get all the good cards for it including the Perfect/Null Guards.

The popularity of both TCG's seem to vary depending on how close you can make it to your local hobby stores to play cards. A couple of my hobby stores did get in a couple of Vanguard players, 2 asian kids and a guy around my age whose married with his wife and has kids whose a good friend of mine. He told me and my friends that he wanted to get into Vanguard and he needs help building a good Dark Irregulars deck.

Bushiroad just recently released a Restricted List for the Cardfight!! Vanguard TCG effective in Japan on January 1st, 2013 and they also stated that the Restricted List won't go into effect outside Japan which includes the U.S. and Singapore as well. No doubt they will implement it outside Japan sometime down the road when BT09 and BT10 are released in the U.S. and Singapore.

As for the Restricted List itself, Bushiroad posted all the info on their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/CardfightVanguard/posts/399718420103984

Japanese Restricted List

Limit 2 per deck -

Royal Paladin:

* King of Knights, Alfred
* Majesty Lord Blaster
* Wingal Brave

Kagero:

* Lizard Soldier, Conroe
* Dragonic Overlord the End

Oracle Think Tank:

* Silent Tom
* Godhawk, Ichibyoshi
* Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi

* This includes all cards of the same name with different rarities.

[Example]

OK: King of Knights, Alfred x 2
OK: Majesty Lord Blaster x1, Wingal Brave x1

- Total of 2 in a deck, so it's fine.

Not OK: Majesty Lord Blaster x 2, Wingal Brave x1
Not OK: Dragonic Overlord the End x2, Lizard Soldier, Conroe x1

Once again, Bushiroad states that there are currently no plans to implement the
following restriction for the English version of Cardfight!! Vanguard. So is Bushiroad trying to pull a Konami or something to neuter CFV like with Yu-Gi-Oh!? To be honest I'm disappointed, yet I was fine with restricting Barcgal as Starting Vanguard in Royal Paladins but this seems a bit too much I guess.

Here's a pic of the announcement with some news regarding Barcgal btw:

61428_285267164909901_1824864897_n.jpg

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_0jCi6nCj4[/video]

The Restricted List isn't as bad as everyone on Pojo and YouTube made it out to be, we still have a year to play the cards before we sell them off for cards that hopefully won't get put on the Restricted List and/or are Restricted from being played as Starting Vanguard like with Barcgal. Once BT09 and BT10 are released outside Japan which won't be til late next year then that's when the Japanese Restricted List will most likely hit us. So no Bushiroad didn't pull a Konami on us or at least on the amount of severity as the 1st Forbidden/Limited List in Yu-Gi-Oh! 9 years ago.

Kagero needed the hit because DOTE is unhealthy for the game, Royal Paladin got hit because Wingal Brave and MLB are too good especially Royal Paladin variants like Alfred Toolbox which runs 3-4 King of Knights, Alfred to search out units you need especially with all the support Royal Paladin got with BT05. I can see why OTT got hit because 4 Silent Tom is too good for the Tsukiyomi Ride Chain which works similiar to the Galahad Ride Chain that can score alot of damage with loads of cards in Soul except Galahad doesn't have it's own Grade 2 that works like Silent Tom does, Blaster Blade comes close but is no functional replacement.

The Japanese Metagame for Cardfight!! Vanguard was really stagnant because most of the players were pretty much playing the same 2-3 decks except for Gold Paladin because it's played more in North America than it is in other countries due to BT05 not being released in English yet. There wasn't much room for diversity in terms of different Clans being played over there and because of the Anime Series players are pretty much "bandwagoning" whatever decks are popular or are the most consistent. With Royal Paladin nearly killed in Japan from the Restricted List, Gold Paladin seem like the way to go apparently just like in the current English Meta which is stupid.

With Gold Paladin you're either going to go with a Garmore Toolbox build, Spectral Duke, or something along the lines between Ezel and/or Pellinore. Spectral Duke is still the best deck Gold Paladin has to offer because of how it works as a more balanced version of DOTE decks in Kagero. Pellinore isn't bad but he relies on you having a full field to take advantage of his Limit Break and Platinum Ezel seems like a huge pain to get off especially with Limit Break 5 which almost requires you to rely on that late game Miracle Check to save yourself a turn with him. As much fun as Gold Paladin is too play I'm getting sick of the amount of support the Clan is getting, Bushiroad needs to support older Clans more like Royal Paladin, Kagero, Shadow Paladin, and OTT or at least give Bermuda Triangle a Grade 3 Limit Break unit at least...

Card Slinger J said:
At least give Bermuda Triangle a Grade 3 Limit Break unit at least...

EB06 -> Done.

I know that DOTE is unhealthy, I'm gonna play Amber Dragons :p and you are right, the Japanese format was quite stagnant. At least other decks *coughneonectarcough* get a chance at topping now. Also, Gold Paladins are worse than DOTE will be in the english format, the reason they are all over is because we got set 6 before set 3, and everyone went Golds. I should know, I started playing like, just when set 6 came out.

Gold Pallys are still Cancer on the English format, restrict them Bushi.

Bushiroad could limit Great Silver Wolf, Garmore to 2 copies per deck in Gold Paladin as an update to the Restricted List however the issue with Garmore is moreso in the synergy of other units he has access to Superior Call that makes Gold Paladin amazingly consistent being Lop Ear Shooter, Blackmane Witch, and Listener of Truth - Dindrane which sets up for Pellinore or Spectral Duke's Limit Break late game. Blond Ezel is still good and it could potentially combo with the said units I mentioned earlier as well. I'm still not sold on Platinum Ezel or the units from BT09 and BT10 that support him when there's already the Kryph combo that allows you to get Ezel out on Turn 3 or 4.

I'm really considering on going with Soul Saver Dragon over Majesty Lord Blaster in my Royal Paladin deck with some support from Margal, Pongal, High Dog Breeder - Akane, White Dragon Knight - Pendragon, Silent Sage - Sharon, and Dream Painter which helps me put more cards in Soul for me to Soulblast with SSD late game. Seems like a solid strategy IMO, I can also see Dream Painter being really useful in the Galahad Ride Chain since it's built to Soulblast late game just like the Tsukiyomi Ride Chain did before Bushiroad killed it along with the new OTT Crossride as well. It's really ridiculous how OTT got hammered badly with the new Restricted List but I guess Battle Sisters seems like an alternative option for the Clan right now and in the near future as well.

Here's a rundown of my upcoming Royal Paladin decklist Post-BT05:

Grade 0 (17)

4 Margal (Draw Trigger)
4 Silent Sage, Sharon (Stand Trigger)
4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona (Critical Trigger)
4 Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine (Heal Trigger)
1 Wingal Brave (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (14)

4 Flash Shield, Iseult (Perfect/Null Guard)
4 Young Pegasus Knight
3 Dream Painter
3 Pongal

Grade 2 (12)

4 Blaster Blade
4 Knight of Silence, Gallatin
4 High Dog Breeder, Akane

Grade 3 (7)

3 Soul Saver Dragon
2 Alfred Early
2 White Dragon Knight, Pendragon

Deck Total (50)

Here's what Dream Painter does:

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Painter

I'm still buying a box of BT05 - Awakening of Twin Blades when it comes out. :)

Fraxureking said:
Card Slinger J said:
At least give Bermuda Triangle a Grade 3 Limit Break unit at least...

EB06 -> Done.

I know that DOTE is unhealthy, I'm gonna play Amber Dragons :p and you are right, the Japanese format was quite stagnant. At least other decks *coughneonectarcough* get a chance at topping now. Also, Gold Paladins are worse than DOTE will be in the english format, the reason they are all over is because we got set 6 before set 3, and everyone went Golds. I should know, I started playing like, just when set 6 came out.

Gold Pallys are still Cancer on the English format, restrict them Bushi.

GPs are only good because DOTE/MLB aren't here in English yet. Just you wait lol.

Back