Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Ah...good days. Now I don't play it because
1) There are like 1000000 advertisements everywhere about it which makes me feel uncomfortable.
2) All my local card stores have veryy expensive Cardfight Items.
3) Don't you think the Pokemon artwork looks 10x better than Vanguard's?
4) Now there's a crappy Vermilion Kaiser the End.... WOW. :p
5) All names of Vanguard creatures sound either long or it's very confusing. exg. What's a Blaster Blade? Sounds like a robot...

I'm not saying Vanguard is the worst thing that could ever happen, and still, now since Vanguard comes back, It's not that bad.... Just a little too much like Pokemon and YuGiOh. Love Kai's hair. Don't you?

Victini-V said:
1) There are like 1000000 advertisements everywhere about it which makes me feel uncomfortable.
5) All names of Vanguard creatures sound either long or it's very confusing. exg. What's a Blaster Blade? Sounds like a robot...

I'm not saying Vanguard is the worst thing that could ever happen, and still, now since Vanguard comes back, It's not that bad.... Just a little too much like Pokemon and YuGiOh. Love Kai's hair. Don't you?

1. I've never seen any advertising for it except a poster here and there at card shops.
2. They are expensive lol
3. Yes and no. I love a ton of the vanguard artwork.
4. I run Narukami.... :( dun hate.
5. The names are long but most are really fun to say. Especially if you use the dubbed anime voices. "I ride Blaster Blade!" -in a hight pitch voice- haha

Yeah, how can you say that Pokemon art is better than Vanguard art? Especialy with the Paladins, Bermuda, AF and OTT?

Victini-V said:

To answer your questions:

1) So what If there is? The Internet is a great way to advertise a product for a franchise. You make it sound like Bushiroad is "Big Brother" or something by spying on our privacy and such which isn't what they're doing.

2) Funny you ask this, I talked to one of my friends who plays Pokemon and he told me that the card illustrations for Vanguard look fake and he told me that Flogal in RP looks like a rip-off of Snubbull from Pokemon. It's really not that bad but that's his opinion, he might actually like the card illustrations for Kaijudo alot more. There might not be CGI illustrations for cards in Vanguard like in Pokemon but the card illustrations in Vanguard are about on par with Yu-Gi-Oh!'s to say the least.

Alot of cards in Vanguard are expensive but nowhere near the level Yu-Gi-Oh! is especially single prices which some go for about $100 a piece. Perfect/Null Guards being 3-4 staple cards in most decks usually go for around $15-25 a piece while some chase cards aside from SP's being Short Print Rares usually go past $30 a piece. Most decks in Yu-Gi-Oh! usually go for about $400-500 while with Cardfight!! Vanguard most decks are usually worth about $200 or less.

3) You're talking about the Crossride for Vermillion in Narukami I assume? Haters gonna hate I guess. :rolleyes:

4) If you don't even know what Blaster Blade is then you obviously never watched the Anime series for Vanguard Online. Yeah Yu-Gi-Oh! players will say that it's a rip-off of Buster Blade and Dark Magician when Cardfight!! Vanguard itself was created by the same people who made Yu-Gi-Oh! and Duel Masters in Japan and it's been doing quite well there even in Singapore and the United States (sort of anyway).

Cardfight!! Vanguard is alot better than Yu-Gi-Oh! to be honest, most decks in the TCG are usually on par with one another without much of a huge gap in power creep, sure it's got a Restricted List to keep the game balanced and the Anime Series despite the negativity it gets from critics it's pretty good in terms of the Japanese Sub. The 1st Season of the English Dub for Vanguard was pretty good especially the Opening Theme, 2nd Season not so much.

Yeah, I must admit that I can't understand half of what JAM Project is saying in the second opening.
OMG, I just got my 3 Packs of BT09 in the mail, pulled a SP BLASTER DARK SPIRIT.

Fraxureking said:
Yeah, I must admit that I can't understand half of what JAM Project is saying in the second opening.
OMG, I just got my 3 Packs of BT09 in the mail, pulled a SP BLASTER DARK SPIRIT.

I have no idea what that is, but lucky yo.... Also, I might start likeing Vanguard again since those of you say Vanguard's a really good game.

Riskbreakers said:
Yeah, how can you say that Pokemon art is better than Vanguard art? Especialy with the Paladins, Bermuda, AF and OTT?

Fine, I know that some artwork look good like Phantom Blaster Overlord ( Phantom Blaster Dragon looks like a failure) but that’s not what I’m trying to point out here. Plus, I never knew that this post would make such a huge impact on everyone soooo… yep. Also, to another one of you guys who posted that I dunno Blaster Blade, think about it. If I know about the Vermillion the blood whatever inside the anime, wouldn’t I not know about the Blaster Blade inside like the first episode?

Well you see If you've been following the Anime Series, Leon Souryuu made a deal with Void (same evil entity that took over Ren Suzugamori in Season 1) in order to bring back the lost Aqua Force Clan but in order to do so it needed to seal away the most powerful Clans on Planet Cray which we know as Royal Paladin, Shadow Paladin, and Kagero. The reason why Leon did this was because he wanted to gain back the power he lost on Cray when him and his family once ruled the Seven Seas alongside the Aqua Force Clan.

Even though those Clans were sealed away by Void in exchange to bring back Aqua Force, some of the lost spirits from those Clans still reside from their nations being Blaster Blade and Blaster Dark as they were turned into "spirit-like" units for the Gold Paladin Clan since they are from the nation of Cray known as United Sanctuary. For each Clan in Cray they are aligned by specific Nations that are colored on the bottom of each Vanguard card. For example, Oracle Think Tank is also part of the United Sanctuary nation as well. Both Kagero and Nabutama are from the Dragon Empire nation.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Blaster dark spirit? Isn't it blaster blade?

There's a Dark and a Blade.
Dark retires a G2 or less in the frontrow when called from the deck, and Blade retires a G2 or more in the front.

Also I'm pretty sure it was just Psy for Ren.

Fraxureking said:
Sleeping Snorlax said:
Blaster dark spirit? Isn't it blaster blade?

Dark retires a G2 or less in the frontrow when called from the deck, and Blade retires a G2 or more in the front.

Nice. Did they already appear in the anime or not? Not quite sure... Also, I think the anime season is ending pretty darn quick. Right now, Vanguard is at episode 37 and Aichi is already versing Leon. Is that all Vanguard got? 37 episodes in season 2 or the rest of the episodes are epic episodes with clashes between Cray and Void?

Can anyone tell me if you can fail pendragon's limit break even if you see a grade three? I believe you can and that's how I play it hut someone got mad at me today for saying I can fail it.

Victini-V said:
Fraxureking said:

Nice. Did they already appear in the anime or not? Not quite sure... Also, I think the anime season is ending pretty darn quick. Right now, Vanguard is at episode 37 and Aichi is already versing Leon. Is that all Vanguard got? 37 episodes in season 2 or the rest of the episodes are epic episodes with clashes between Cray and Void?

Blaster Blade Spirit appeared in the Anime just recently, Cray is just the planet where all the units in the Cardfight!! Vanguard TCG originate from. I remember Season 1 ended in 65 Episodes and Season 2 looks like it's ending by 37 unless there's another arc after the Asia Circuit that spans for another 30 episodes or so.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Can anyone tell me if you can fail pendragon's limit break even if you see a grade three? I believe you can and that's how I play it hut someone got mad at me today for saying I can fail it.

The Limit Break ability on White Dragon Knight, Pendragon isn't optional so If you reveal a Grade 3 out of the top 5 cards of your deck then you must ride it on your Vanguard Circle but If you don't reveal a Grade 3 then you just shuffle the revealed cards back into your deck and proceed to call any other units to Rear Guard from your hand If you want.

The card text reads "At the beginning of your main phase, look at up to five cards from the top of your deck, search for up to one grade 3 <royal Paladin> from among them, ride it, and shuffle your deck."

With how it's worded, how can I not fail the search? The deck isn't public knowledge. It doesn't say reveal up to five cards. I don't see why I can't say it failed even though I saw a grade three. I can fail pongal's ability even if I had a soul saver in my deck. They are worded rather closely.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
The card text reads "At the beginning of your main phase, look at up to five cards from the top of your deck, search for up to one grade 3 <royal Paladin> from among them, ride it, and shuffle your deck."

With how it's worded, how can I not fail the search? The deck isn't public knowledge. It doesn't say reveal up to five cards. I don't see why I can't say it failed even though I saw a grade three. I can fail pongal's ability even if I had a soul saver in my deck. They are worded rather closely.

Sorry I got "reveal" mixed up with "look" on the card text, you only fail to find on a card ability If you cannot meet the abilities requirements, so you can't fail Pongal's ability If you have a Soul Saver Dragon in your deck but If you don't have Soul Saver Dragon in your deck you can still use Pongal's ability to put him in your Soul for 1 Counterblast, you just wouldn't be able to get the rest of Pongal's abilities afterwards.

Victini-V said:

http://vanguardus.tumblr.com/post/37244634126/news-bushiroads-december-5th-press-conference-season Episode 105 is season 2's final episode, the season has 40 episodes. In other words, 2 episodes left. Season 3 starts on 106 the week after.

Sleeping Snorlax said:

I run a Pendragon-based RP deck and yes, of course you can fail the search. You have to search, but you are allowed to fail the search. I haven't had this challenged before, but people often do argue when I say that Barron and Young Pegasus Knight get +3k from a superior ride from Pendragon's skill. It occurs in the main phase, and riding is adding a card to the soul. In the anime when Aichi did the Barcgal superior ride and Young Pegasus knight got power for it his vanguard Marron was included as a card going into the soul.

Card Slinger J said:
Sorry I got "reveal" mixed up with "look" on the card text, you only fail to find on a card ability If you cannot meet the abilities requirements, so you can't fail Pongal's ability If you have a Soul Saver Dragon in your deck but If you don't have Soul Saver Dragon in your deck you can still use Pongal's ability to put him in your Soul for 1 Counterblast, you just wouldn't be able to get the rest of Pongal's abilities afterwards.

We already explained this to you... You're allowed to fail the search because your deck is private knowledge, therefore your opponent can't prove that there is a target in your deck if you fail it. This wouldn't work if it involved the discard pile or some other area that your opponent can see the contents of.

Oh okay, thanks for verifying it Meaty...

If any of you guys are running a Pendragon based RP deck why not throw in Soul Saver as well? Pendragon's Limit Break helps add a card to your Soul so that by late game you should have at least 5 cards in Soul for her Soulblast ability which is about on par with Pellinore's Limit Break except you don't lose any units with Soul Saver though.

If it works like that for PTCG, I can't see why it doesn't work of CFV. I have explained already to several people that you can fail Pendragon because they're not even supposed to know if you have a Grade 3 in those five cards.

Back