Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Fraxureking said:
Season 3 is starting episode 106. Aichi goes to the same high school as Misaki and Kourin, Miyaji High I belive.

I thought for a moment that Ren was actually on a date with Asaka. :p

Sleeping Snorlax said:
I run 4 pendragon, 2 palamedes, 2 soul saver. May change to three pendragon and three palamedes.

Riskbreakers said:
Why no Alfred? He's always a good choice for a seconday or even primary Vanguard.

I actually run 4 Pendragon, 2 Soul Saver, 1 Alfred, 1 Holy Disaster Dragon and 1 Gancelot. I'm thinking about taking the Gancelot out for a 3rd Soul Saver but I don't currently have one. Alfred is one of those rare grade 3s that's great both as a vanguard and a rear guard. Using his counterblast to get that free thing on your field can be so great and it works on rear guard. As for Holy Disaster, I like it better than Palamedes. It's easier to get than Palamedes, is slightly better as a vanguard and it doesn't need to be boosted by something specific or anything at all to hit big numbers.

Riskbreakers said:
Why no Alfred? He's always a good choice for a seconday or even primary Vanguard.

I feel the pendragon is early mid game vangaurd. I run pongal and akane to thin my deck. Also running four pendragon I hit another on limit break 80% of the time. Then I do a final turn with soul saver. I've even had one match were I did soul saver twice. It wad pretty BA but it was stupid because he hit two heal triggers the first time which is why I did it twice.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
I feel the pendragon is early mid game vangaurd. I run pongal and akane to thin my deck. Also running four pendragon I hit another on limit break 80% of the time. The I do a final turn with soul saver. I've even had one match were I did soul saver twice. It wad pretty BA but it was stupid because he hit two heal triggers the first time which is why I did it twice.

Lol I SSD'd twice in one game before as well. It's the best feeling, and it's hilariously easy to do in tag fights. And I personally don't like Akane, since the only thing I can really search out is Pongal, which I run 2 of. I prefer Young Pegasus Knight over Toypugal, and I like my counterblast for Blaster Blade to be more aggressive. And of course there's Alfred.

Meaty said:
Sleeping Snorlax said:
I run 4 pendragon, 2 palamedes, 2 soul saver. May change to three pendragon and three palamedes.

Riskbreakers said:

I actually run 4 Pendragon, 2 Soul Saver, 1 Alfred, 1 Holy Disaster Dragon and 1 Gancelot. I'm thinking about taking the Gancelot out for a 3rd Soul Saver but I don't currently have one. Alfred is one of those rare grade 3s that's great both as a vanguard and a rear guard. Using his counterblast to get that free thing on your field can be so great and it works on rear guard. As for Holy Disaster, I like it better than Palamedes. It's easier to get than Palamedes, is slightly better as a vanguard and it doesn't need to be boosted by something specific or anything at all to hit big numbers.
Alfred is nice but my build already counter blasts enough. So I wouldn't get to do his ability all that often.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Alfred is nice but my build already counter blasts enough. So I wouldn't get to do his ability all that often.

That's understandable. My build is cb-light since I don't run Akane, as I said. I forgot that she can search for Margal, who is pretty essential to the deck, but he is a trigger... The only cb I use, if any, is Blaster Blade, so if I get Alfred I can usually save the cb for him. I even put 2 Soul Guiding Elves in because I felt like I was cb light.

Meaty said:
That's understandable. My build is cb-light since I don't run Akane, as I said. I forgot that she can search for Margal, who is pretty essential to the deck, but he is a trigger... The only cb I use, if any, is Blaster Blade, so if I get Alfred I can usually save the cb for him. I even put 2 Soul Guiding Elves in because I felt like I was cb light.

Yea. I'm all about thinning my deck out. It helps count the chances of getting a trigger. I also run 6 draw 6 crit in my build. I run toypugal since I run akane. I have the Pegasus knight but I currently like toypugal. Maybe once MLB cones out I'll switch to Pegasus. MLB is the whole reason I started looking into RP. My first deck, and main deck, has always been Narukami, but it can get boring. So I also have my Pendragon, Ergodiel/keriel Angel feather, chief nurse angel feather, spirit exceed granblue, amber dragon/waterfall kagero, and tachikaze. Sadly I have to proxy chief nurse because no one has em! But I'm getting two from a friend next week and then I only need one. Luckily those are my only proxies in my decks, not counting barhi in ky kagero deck just because I keep them in my binder for trade bait.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Yea. I'm all about thinning my deck out. It helps count the chances of getting a trigger. I also run 6 draw 6 crit in my build. I run toypugal since I run akane. I have the Pegasus knight but I currently like toypugal. Maybe once MLB cones out I'll switch to Pegasus. MLB is the whole reason I started looking into RP. My first deck, and main deck, has always been Narukami, but it can get boring. So I also have my Pendragon, Ergodiel/keriel Angel feather, chief nurse angel feather, spirit exceed granblue, amber dragon/waterfall kagero, and tachikaze. Sadly I have to proxy chief nurse because no one has em! But I'm getting two from a friend next week and then I only need one. Luckily those are my only proxies in my decks, not counting barhi in ky kagero deck just because I keep them in my binder for trade bait.

Yeah I understand that a big part of the deck is thinning the deck for triggers, which is pretty much why I have Gancelot in there. I run 6 draw and 6 crit too lol. It works really well. I tried stands, but they just didn't work as well as I had hoped. Also, RP was actually my first deck and I've been playing with it ever since. I also have a Dark Irregulars deck and I just started making a Dimension Police deck, but I really won't use it as much until set 5 when we have Miracle Beauty since I wanted to focus on Enigman Rain.

Shinymaster said:
Does anyone know when The next season of cardfight vanguard will be released

First episode airs January 13th

Well, I didn't like Royals that much. Probably why I played a funny Gold Paladin deck. I also have fun running Pale Moon and mowing people down with CoCo. :p

Riskbreakers said:
Well, I didn't like Royals that much. Probably why I played a funny Gold Paladin deck. I also have fun running Pale Moon and mowing people down with CoCo. :p

For some reason, I just don't like Pale Moon. I'm actually very good at using the soulblasting skill, but somehow, every other clan just destroys me at the end because of luck, or a critical trigger. I play Kagero. IDC if it's such an old clan. I just love Dragonic Overlord.

Riskbreakers said:
Pale Moon is awesome. Kagero is like your regular Wal-Mart. They have everything and so oversupported.

That was true until Gold Paladin came out and got twice the support in half the time.

Meaty said:
Riskbreakers said:
Pale Moon is awesome. Kagero is like your regular Wal-Mart. They have everything and so oversupported.

That was true until Gold Paladin came out and got twice the support in half the time.

Doesn't really matter. Kagero has more utility especially in Japan. You don't see GP winning much there. It's all DOTE DOTE DOTF

I guess, but the thing is Gold Paladins came out after set 5 and were meant to stand their ground in that meta... In this English meta, they're just broken. I really do wish we got all our sets in the correct order sometimes.

Back