Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Well I actually just took out a hex cannon for another garuda. I was actually told to drop plasmabite completely and run 4 TBD and 4 Kaiser.

Plasmabite + Dragoon = 20k column.. Very good pressure.. Hex Cannon is also pressure because it can swing by itself as a solo 11k column and can be boosted by Saishin and still hit 16k

I agree that Plasmabite is useful. You want some of your grade 3s to be worthwhile rearguard options, or else extra ones will clog your hand and only be good as perfect guard fodder. Then again, Narukami is a heavy-counterblast deck that kind of runs off of Garuda... Maybe run that 12k Djinn thing? It can make 20k columns, isn't useless as vanguard and doesn't use counterblast. It can't attack rear guards, but that shouldn't screw you too much unless you have 2 out.

If I'm going to run a different guy for rearguard I'd run breakthrough dragon. The djinn is just bad imo... Plus TBD boosted by rairai isn't a bad column. It hits 21k with a soulblast

Anyway here's my GP Pellinore/Garmore deck:

Grade 0 (17)

4 Elixir Sommelier (Heal Trigger)
4 Speeder Hound (Draw Trigger)
4 Silent Punisher (Critical Trigger)
2 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw Trigger)
2 Flame of Victory (Critical Trigger)
1 Spring Breeze Messenger (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (15)

4 Halo Shield, Mark (Perfect Guard)
4 Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
2 Charjgal
2 Sleygal Dagger
2 Silver Fang Witch
1 Listener of Truth, Dindrane

Grade 2 (11)

4 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
4 Lop Ear Shooter
2 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane
1 Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion

Grade 3 (7)

4 Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
3 White Hare in the Moon's Shadow, Pellinore

Deck Total (50)

Does it need any fixes so far? I also tested this deck with 2 Gigantech Destroyer over 2 Garmore and it seemed to do okay but not as good as I hoped. My current Trigger Ratio for this deck is 4 Heals, 5 Draws, and 7 Crits but I might go back to running 8 Crits in this deck, I want to run 4 Speeder Hound and 1 Gwydion but I haven't been able to get more Speeder Hounds yet since I plan on buying another box of BT07 next weekend and I'm trying to get more Pellinore's for my friends' Gold Paladin deck and so far I got most of the stuff that he needed for the deck except for Mark, Pellinore, and more Viviane's which I hope to get more of eventually.

The lack of any G3 RearGuards is kind of alarming. Too much SFWitch also makes those columns inefficient. Basically, drop the low powered boosters, add in some RG-capable G3s, probably a Tripp or two

I appreciate the help Riskbreakers, although I also wanted to ask you something...

Do you think Garmore needs to be restricted to 2 per deck? Wouldn't that hurt GP's consistency a bit especially If you have a crappy field? I know that If you could fetch a Grade 3 with his 2nd ability he'd probably be broken but what Grade 3 would you get when there's so many other options the deck already has like getting Lop Ear Shooter, Dindrane, Silver Fang Witch, Charjgal, Viviane, or even Nemean Lion to help Intercept for a 10k defense forcing your opponent to waste an attack on it from your Vanguard?

This thread needs to stop dying. I'm honestly so thrilled for the new Royals support in set 10.

I'm going to be disappointed If the new video game for Vanguard being released for the 3DS in Japan doesn't come here in the U.S. and gets region locked. Yet what I find strange is that most people prefer to play the TCG online instead of buying a 3DS game where they're playing against AI Opponents. Yet Bushiroad issued a warning to the makers of CardCapital (The Online version of the Vanguard TCG) telling them to remove it yet it's actually helped people get into the physical TCG as well thus boosting the games' sales here in the U.S. to some extent.

I take it nobody here is going to debate about whether or not Garmore needs to get restricted to 2 per deck in GP? From what I've heard GP was heavily played in Japan before the Crossride format hit over there and that probably explains why Bushiroad doesn't feel the need to restrict Garmore to 2 per deck especially Spring Breeze Messenger which is arguably the best Starting Vanguard the Clan has right now. If you ask me I think GP is fine the way it is, sure the Clan is stupid consistent especially the Spectral Duke variant which will probably get more powerful when the new Gancelot is released for GP.

Riskbreakers said:
Crossrides were there before GP-Garmore. Only the EN format had messed up set order.

This. And from what I've seen, Garmore is dead consistent. It's an absolute pain to play againtst. It's all PLUS PLUS PLUS PLUS PLUS. And that is why I don't play GPs.

Gold Paladins are strong in this English meta, but they are in no way overpowered, and with us getting new trial decks, set 5 and just about everything else before we get set 9, they're only getting weaker, so restricting Garmore would just be downright dumb.

Gold Alfred's scan was just released on the wiki. Ride that on Liberator Gancelot, I'll cry.

Also, if you're playing Aqua Force which starter should you play? I can't pick between 4 of them..

Fraxureking said:
Riskbreakers said:
Crossrides were there before GP-Garmore. Only the EN format had messed up set order.

This. And from what I've seen, Garmore is dead consistent. It's an absolute pain to play againtst. It's all PLUS PLUS PLUS PLUS PLUS. And that is why I don't play GPs.

But Garmore/Pellinore is beatable which was proven at Worlds 2012 when Brandon Smith won against it with Spectral Duke. I don't understand why people complain about decks that are really consistent in Vanguard, they think that too much consistency equals too much power creep thus to them it must be bad for the game which is a part of why Bushiroad enacted the Restricted/Limited List in Japan and why they decided to abandon Crossrides in favor of Ride Breaks.

RP Alfred Toolbox too consistent? restrict Alfred and Wingal Brave to 1-2 per deck, OTT Tsukiyomi too consistent? restrict Silent Tom, Tsukiyomi, and Ichibiyoshi to 1-2 per deck, aside from that Kagero wasn't even a consistency issue at all it was about DOTE being bad for the game and how Lizard Soldier, Conroe could tutor almost anything you wanted out of the Clan itself. Yet people are disappointed that Bushiroad didn't restrict Great Silver Wolf - Garmore, Lop Ear Shooter, and Spring Breeze Messenger to 1-2 per deck in the English Format? Bushiroad didn't nerf GP in Japan so why do it here as well?

Meaty said:
Gold Paladins are strong in this English meta, but they are in no way overpowered, and with us getting new trial decks, set 5 and just about everything else before we get set 9, they're only getting weaker, so restricting Garmore would just be downright dumb.

Well Gold Paladins are eventually getting a Ride Break with Gancelot, a new Blaster Blade, a Halo Shield - Mark reprint, a new set of Trigger units, as well as the Ezel Crossride which is only good with Blond Ezel and Ezel's just not that great in the English Format compared to other Grade 3's you could be running like Garmore, Pellinore, Gigantech Destroyer, Spectral Duke, and Gancelot. Gancelot's Ride Break is just stupid with Duke and Pellinore though.

Holy crap set 10 keeps getting more and more beautiful.

Back