Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Don't know if anyone saw yet, but we're getting a Vanguard release every month from January to July.
January- TD03 & TD04
February- BT05
March- EB01
April- TD07
May- BT08
June- BT09
July- EB06

YAY. Merry Christmas.

TPZ said:
Don't know if anyone saw yet, but we're getting a Vanguard release every month from January to July.
January- TD03 & TD04
February- BT05
March- EB01
April- TD07
May- BT08
June- BT09
July- EB06

YAY. Merry Christmas.

This is all I see... :p

TPZ said:
January- TD03 & TD04
February- BT05
March- EB01
April- TD07
May- BT08
June- BT09
July- EB06

YAY. Merry Christmas.

All I want. I just ordered a BT06 Box.

Now that I think about it, Bushiroad in Cardfight!! Vanguard is using the Japanese/Singapore Format as an experiment for the English Format. It's just their way of being like Konami in Yu-Gi-Oh! where they print overpowered and/or overplayed cards just to make alot of money off of them only to restrict or ban them later to repeat the cycle over again. Bushiroad says that they care about their playerbase as much as they make a profit on the TCG but I fear it might be the other way around. If they print good cards that replace stuff that gets restricted for Old and/or New Clans that would be a great step in the right direction for the game itself.

I don't like the idea of Bushiroad rotating out Old Clans that are overplayed in tournaments just to get players to spend money on Clans that aren't getting as much play in tournaments. It causes players to lose investments they've made in their current decks to spend more money on newer decks that they don't want to spend money on cause they want to either save money to spend on other TCG/CCG's or for personal needs like paying for gas at the pump even though it's been going down lately. It also doesn't help that Perfect/Null Guards are $15-20+ staples where you need a playset to do really good in the TCG with.

We know that eventually the English Format will adopt the Japanese Restricted List sooner or later regardless If Cardfight!! Vanguard World Champion Brandon Smith denies it. I think Bushiroad is anticipating for our metagame in future sets to be drastically different from Japan and Singapore's Format since we know the chase cards in BT05 are going to get restricted by this time next year or even sooner. That leaves for better deckbuilding, playtesting, and new deck ideas instead of just trying to netdeck old decks that got hammered by the Restricted List in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised If GP gets hammered by it over here and that would be the only difference between our Restricted List and theirs cause GP wasn't that popular in Japan or in Singapore.

I heard that Bushiroad is going to be hosting a Japanese Cardfight!! Vanguard Tournament where the Restricted List doesn't apply but only between March 4th of next year til March 31st. Depending on the Tournament Results they might actually revise the Restricted List or probably keep it the same as it is now, Bushiroad did say that the current Restricted List for the TCG in Japan was only temporary so there is a chance they might change it.

Whether If Bushiroad hopes to get different tournament results than last time where RP, OTT, and Kagero were the majority of Clans being played in Japanese Nationals is up in the air I guess. I'm going to assume If the results are the exact same as Japanese Nationals then this TCG is as good as dead as Battle Spirits in the U.S. which is a shame cause Vanguard had alot of potential, it still does but I shouldn't give my hopes up for it too soon.

I think I'm going to hold off on buying those Vanguard cards I wanted to get from the eBay Gift Cards I recently got for Christmas yesterday. A couple of those cards I planned on ordering were from Magic and Kaijudo so If Bushiroad really is the second coming of Konami and Cardfight!! Vanguard is Yu-Gi-Oh! 2.0 we'll find out eventually. Btw here's the source incase you're wondering:

http://cf-vanguard.com/event/201303_cryfight/

Too bad we don't get awesome commercials like this one for Cardfight!! Vanguard:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFqDUpDNP4s&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Odd, according to the news I saw, Season 3 is supposed to start at episode 106 and and 105, airing this Sunday, is meant to be the final episode of season 2. It's just that everything else seems to point to 104 being season 2's final episode, there wasn't even a preview at the end of it.

So Episode 104 doesn't air until next Sunday where Aichi ends up defeating Leon and the Anime timeskips a couple years where Aichi is older except that he's still running Gold Paladin, Kai is still running Narukami, and Royal Paladin, Shadow Paladin, and Kagero are still sealed away unless they aren't prove me wrong cause I only saw a short trailer for the new Season where Aichi and Misaki have shorter hair now and a new character is introduced in the series. This new Arc I hear is called the "Joker Arc".

I don't get it though, Team Q4 spent most of Season 2 trying to unseal the Clans that were sacrificed to bring back Aqua Force only to find out that they can't unseal them? If you look at future spoilers for the actual TCG, Royal Paladin doesn't get anymore support until BT10 when Break Rides are introduced and the Clan itself only gets like 2 cards that are pretty bad. There is a chance those 3 Clans probably get unsealed by Season 3 and there might be more support for those sealed Clans.

As for the BT10 RP Spoilers, one is a Grade 3 version of Blaster Blade that's basically a nerfed up King of Knights, Alfred and the other is sort of a reprint of Margal except it's not a Trigger and it can be called to Rear Guard. As for other BT10 Spoilers, Spike Brothers is getting a Break Ride and guess what? More support for Gold Paladin and Narukami, not like they need it especially with the new Gancelot that's pretty stupid with Pellinore in Gold Paladin. LB4 then Break Ride to boost two thirds of my field against your Crossride? GG?

I don't think that BT05 "Awakening of Twin Blades" will sell that well outside Japan because of the Restricted List and that Royal Paladin isn't getting anymore support until BT10 like I said earlier which is why I'm getting rid of my Royal Paladin deck and sticking with Gold Pallies since they are obviously going to take up the English Meta longer than we thought and then there's Aqua Force which I assume is going to be in our next English Set although Bushiroad hasn't announced anything about that yet on their website. The decks that dominated Japanese Nationals last year might see alot of play in our English Meta Post-BT05 but knowing the Restricted List that might be different.

Well, that episode seemed a bit lucksack-y, I mean BOTH Leon and Aichi getting Heal triggers?
Well, it's possible.

That Grade 3 Blaster Blade is in "Starter Set 0" and do you mean this? I've not seen any Royal Paladin cards that have that skill that I can remember.

Also broken Spikes support is broken. It's been pretty much confirmed that we are getting Comic Style then TD07 and after that BT08.

As far as I recall the final episode of Season 2 hasn't even aired yet in Japan, I even searched on YouTube and it was only a preview for the new episode. I can post a link for it If you'd like.

The card I was talking about is in the below link as well as the Grade 3 Blaster Blade card called Blaster Blade Burst:

http://gundamfinal.blogspot.ca/2012/12/other-cards-from-latest-kero-a.html

It's dubbed but I highly recommend the sub if you want less annoying and more realistic voices. Plus the sub is way farther ahead. And CSJ, The final episode of season 2 aired on the 1st, I know it was a weird airing time but it is on Youtube. I'm assuming we don't have an episode this weekend since Link Joker's supposed to start on the 13th.

Meaty said:
It's dubbed but I highly recommend the sub if you want less annoying and more realistic voices. Plus the sub is way farther ahead. And CSJ, The final episode of season 2 aired on the 1st, I know it was a weird airing time but it is on Youtube. I'm assuming we don't have an episode this weekend since Link Joker's supposed to start on the 13th.

TBH I prefer dub if it is dubbed but watch subbed if it is only subbed. Mostly due to me needing to do two things at once when watching anime Like watching and doing homework so dub for me is easier. :)

Yeah I just finished watching the final episode of Season 2 on YouTube, so the Royal Paladin Clan merged with Gold Paladin which explains why Bushiroad isn't giving the Old Clan any more support in future sets past BT05 and that Aichi didn't want to choose between 2 decks to run. Makes sense when you think about it, I guess that means the same for Kagero as well where there will be a Dragonic Overlord for Narukami down the road, interesting...

Still kind of sucks that players wasted money on Clans that got "rotated out" for new Clans and I kind of already knew about that for a long while now. Hopefully Bushiroad can prevent a mistake like that from happening again while not alienating their playerbase I guess. As for the English Dub, I can handle it just fine it's just that every now and then they screw up on the Opening Theme and Ending Credits.

You gotta be joking when you mean that RPs and Kagero won't be able to keep up with the newer clans even without new support.

I'm playing a PG-Less Garmore Royals for the lols and it's been fine.

RP is alright but it's just not that consistent of a Clan anymore when it got hit hard by the Japanese Restricted List which we might get in the U.S. eventually, and the restriction on Barcgal makes it difficult to run an RP deck based on soul charging into SSD late game. You can still pull it off, it just won't be as consistent as it was before with the abilities of Barcgal with Llew, Flogal, and Blaster Blade to setup SSD. Dream Painter does help to some extent though as does a playset of Pendragon for his LB4.

Some guy I met with wants me to build him a Pellinore/Garmore deck but I told him it was going to be difficult getting the stuff he wants for it like a playset of Halo Shield, Mark which is getting reprinted in a few sets from now, and it also doesn't help that BT06 has been nearly sold out in my area cause everyone is still running GP. One of the card shops I go to is down to their last box of BT06 that I don't know If they'll get another box in eventually. I can call and ask them though...

Any advice on my narukami deck? It used to do me justice now a days it craps out on me a lot....

Grade 0 -17
Lizard Soldier, Saishin x1
Djinn Crit x4
Yellow Gem Crit x4
Old Mage Draw x4
Nymph Heal x4

Grade 1 -14
RaiRai x3
Photon Bomber x3
Red River x4
Wyvern Guard x4

Grade 2 -11
Deathsycthe x2
Garuda x3
Hex Cannon x3
Thunderstorm Dragoon x4

Grade 3 -8
Plasma Bite x2
Thunder Break x3
Kaiser x3

I am lucky to not be limited on my card selection and this build has worked for me in the past... it's just now getting tough to keep up with those dang GP... :/ any suggestions are welcomed and it's for the current English format (of course I'll change it with the blood when we get that lovely card)

Drop a Rai-Rai and a Phton Bomber for the G1 Desert Gunner. You can also try 4 kaiser, 2 tbd and 2 plasma for your G3s.. Otherwise it looks pretty standard. It's not like Narukami is very full of options as a deck anyway

Back