Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Kagero.

Just don't get butthurt when 13k Base Crossrides break the game in BT05 like what Yata-Garasu and Chaos Emperor Dragon did to Yu-Gi-Oh! 9 years ago. Then again we got Limit Break to deal with Crossrides so it's no big.

DOTE is so broke it's not even funny...

Stuff like BT06-BT08 have cards that can deal with Crossrides. Don't get your knickers in a bunch over something that hasn't been released in english yet.

Well that's good especially since it lowers the hype on BT09 next year with a Crossride for Blond Ezel which in terms of the card itself alot of people are saying isn't nearly as good as Garmore, Pellinore, and Spectral Duke. Blond Ezel has consistency, an amazing Ride Chain, but it lacks the power that Spectral Duke and Garmore have in the English Meta. Blond Ezel is a great card however it's just overhyped due to the Anime series.

I'm sure you're sick of hearing about Gold Paladins since they've been dominating the English Meta due to being a bandwagon deck aside from other Clans dominating like Narukami and Kagero. There will be even more bandwagoning by BT05, MLB RP is going to be played quite alot of course. But yeah so far in the Senior Japanese Circuit this year over 15 DOTE Kagero decks have topped.

Anybody got a good post set 7 Pale Moon list? I'm working on mine, but it's a little lack luster. Fun clan for sure, though.

im kinda new to the vanguard game
here in the united states

does anyone know how or where to get these flash deck things?

any links or locations would be great
im in spokane washington if that helps

its called somethin else in japan
but over here its called a flash deck
its only 25 cards instead of 50
has alternate arts of certain cards
and other cards u can not get anywhere else
http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/KAD01:_Star_Drive_Deck
http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/KAD02:_Crested_Deck
and there r others

I don't think Bushiroad has released those Flash Decks outside Japan/Singapore, If they did I would've known about it by now. We have Promo Packs for Sanctioned Tournaments, Trial Decks, and Set Expansions but that's about it.

Also for those who want to see Cartoon Network in the U.S. air the Cardfight!! Vanguard English Dub, here's a petition to sign to get them to do it. So far we need 163 more signatures to get it passed. Think about it, having the TCG being aired on Cable TV would help improve the games' sales!

http://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-i-want-the-cartoon-network-in-u-s-to-air-cardfight-vanguard#

I need a budget deck this is what Im gonna get for trading some pokemon stuff
Edit:
Kacgero
RRR:
Blazing Flare Dragon x1
RR:
Chain-Attack Sutherland x4
R:
Embodiment of Spear, Tahr x2
Blazing Core Dragon x5
Wyvern Strike, Tejas x4
TD:
Dragon Monk, Goku x1

Royal Paladin:
RR:
Solitary Knight, Gancelot x4 (2 Trial Deck)
R:
Pongal x7
High Dog Breeder, Akane x4
Knight of Silence, Gallatin x2
Great Sage, Barron x2
Gigantech Charger x3
TD:
Blaster Blade x1
Crimson Butterfly, Brigitte x1

Oracle Think Tank:
Lozenge Magus x4
Luck Bird x3
Oracle Guardian, Wiseman x3
Oracle Guardian, Apollon x3

That's the 3 main factions I have, the rest are rares from factions such as: Nova Grapplers, Spike Brothers, Megacolony, Gold Paladin, Tachikaze, Bermuda Triangle, Great Nature, Nubatama, Dark Irregulars, Angel Feather and Granblue.
app 130 rares and some other stuff
What can I buy to make a decent deck

EDIT: To build 2 Decks

Goku Kagero is arguably one of the best budget decks to run for the Kagero Clan and since you have most of the stuff for it I would also try to get some Kimnara's If you can especially more Dragon Monk, Goku.

It's kinda hard to go budget with Royal Paladin and Oracle Think Tank is the most expensive Clan to build right now. The Trial deck coming out for it has the Triggers you need to run the deck but not the stuff that was released for it in the most recent sets like CEO Amaterasu and the Tsukiyomi Ride Chain though. :/

Well I have 220 but I need some stuff for pokemon too how much would each deck cost and can you privide some skeletons please

Well let's see here, for Goku Kagero...

Grade 0's

4 Gattling Claw Dragon (Draw Trigger) - Kagero Trial Deck
4 Embodiment of Spear, Tahr (Critical Trigger) - Kagero Trial Deck
4 Demonic Dragon Mage, Rakshasa (Critical Trigger) - Kagero Trial Deck
4 Dragon Monk, Genjo (Heal Trigger) - Kagero Trial Deck
1 Lizard Soldier, Conroe (Starting Vanguard) - $4-5 a piece

Grade 1's

4 Wyvern Guard, Barri (Perfect Guard) - $20+ a piece
4 Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara - $3-4 a piece
4 Embodiment of Armor, Bahr - Kagero Trial Deck
2 Flame of Hope, Aermo - Kagero Trial Deck

Grade 2's

4 Berserk Dragon - Kagero Trial Deck
4 Chain-attack Sutherland - $1-2 a piece
2 Dragon Knight, Nehalem - Kagero Trial Deck
1 Wyvern Strike, Tejas - Kagero Trial Deck

Grade 3's

4 Dragon Monk, Goku - $7-10 a piece
4 Dragonic Overlord - Kagero Trial Deck

Deck Total (50)

The cards I have listed under Kagero Trial Deck you can get inside the Trial Deck but you'll want to buy 2 of the same Trial Decks to double what you need out of them which is like $15-20 per deck. The Perfect Guards make the deck expensive but you could run replacements instead.

As for Oracle Think Tank, here's a decklist of it:

Grade 0's

4 Dream Eater (Draw Trigger) - $1.48 a playset
2 Miracle Kid (Draw Trigger) - $0.99 for 2 (I think)
4 Psychic Bird (Critical Trigger) - $1.48 a playset
2 Oracle Guardian, Nike (Critical Trigger) - $0.99 for 2?
4 Lozenge Magus (Heal Trigger/Starting Vanguard) - $7-10 a playset

Grade 1's

4 Battle Sister, Chocolat (Perfect Guard) - $15-20 a piece
4 Battle Sister, Cocoa - $7-10 a piece
4 Oracle Guardian, Gemini - $1.48 a playset
3 Luck Bird - $2.36 a piece?

Grade 2's

4 Silent Tom - $20+ a piece
4 Maiden of Libra - $10+ a playset

Grade 3's

4 Oracle Guardian, Apollon - $3.00 a playset
4 CEO Amaterasu - $25-30 a playset

Deck Total (50)

You're getting a much better deal on Goku Kagero than you are on the CEO Amaterasu/Silent Tom OTT deck. Running the Tsukiyomi Ride Chain strategy might drop the price of the deck down a bit but it's still going to be more expensive than Kagero though. Royal Paladins used to be pretty expensive before Barcgal got Restricted from being Starting Vanguard, it's still a good clan and will get better in BT05 with Majesty Lord Blaster.

One of my friends offered to sell me his Spike Brothers deck for $40 cause he already runs 3 decks being Lawkeeper Kagero, Spectral Duke Gold Paladins, and Dark Irregulars. I turned down the offer because I didn't know for sure If Cardfight!! Vanguard will last long as a TCG compared to Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, and Pokemon. What If by some chance that Vanguard dies out next year and Yu-Gi-Oh! and other more established TCG's are still on top? See what I'm saying? I'm already treading on thin ice.

why are perfect guards sooo expensive?

and what about a royal paladin list

Grade 0: 17

1x Lizard Solider, Conroe RR

4x Blue-Ray Dracokid (Critical) C

4x Gatling Claw Dragon (Draw) C
4x Embodiment Of Spear, Tahr (Critical) R
4x Dragon Monk, Genjo (Heal) C

Grade 1: 14

3x Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara R
4x Embodiment Of Armor, Bahr C
3x Wyvern Guard, Barri RR
4x Iron Tail Dragon C

Grade 2: 12

2x Flame Edge Dragon C

4x Blazing Core Dragon R
3x Berserk Dragon C
3x Dragon Knight, Nehalem R

Grade 3: 7

3x Dragonic Overlord (2 is RRR, 1 is TD Holo)

3x Blazing Flare Dragon RRR

1x Dual Axe Archdragon RR
Is this a good deal for 135 Dollars?

The reason why some Perfect/Null Guards are so expensive in Cardfight!! Vanguard is based on how popular certain Clans are that drives the price up for them and the popularity of specific Clans in the Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime series drives the price of specific cards especially Perfect/Null Guards which for Clans such as Royal Paladins, Oracle Think Tank, and Kagero are going for $20 a piece or higher especially Nova Grapplers.

As for other Clans that aren't so popular the Perfect Guards for those Clans are usually around $15 a piece or lower. Bushiroad like most other TCG/CCG Companies have no control of the Secondary Market so people will sell cards at certain prices based on how popular they are or how useful they are in specific decks so in other words eBay is your friend when configuring card prices. Cardfight!! Vanguard is a fairly new TCG in the U.S. so it will be awhile before it gets Organized Play to try to help lower the price of cards a bit.

To ease the pain of getting Perfect/Null Guards as Singles Online, what I do occasionally is spend about $80 a booster box hoping to pull one but from what I understand and don't quote me on this but apparently you're garaunteed only 1 Perfect/Null Guard per box If they are in the set itself, when I bought a box of BT01 I only pulled 1 Battle Sister, Chocolat from that entire box while you should also be garaunteed at least 1 or 2 Triple Rares per box and one of those Triple Rares I pulled was Blaster Blade, the other I can't remember right away. I just recently bought a 1st Edition box of BT07 with the Alfred Early Promo although I don't think any Perfect Guards were in that set.

As for that Kagero decklist you posted, I'd say that's a pretty good deal since most Vanguard decks usually tend to go for around $200 or lower with or without Perfect/Null Guards included in them. If you happen to get ahold of that deck for $135, I'd say take the Blazing Flare Dragons out for Dragon Monk, Goku's since they're alot cheaper to get ahold of compared to Dragonic Lawkeepers. As for a Royal Paladin decklist I could post you mine unless you plan on running a Galahad oriented build.

Id like to see yours so should I buy that deck or buy 2 starter decks and the rest I need for kagero or buy the 135 dollar one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cardfight-Vanguard-Competitive-Nova-Grappler-Deck-Really-Cheap-/251157854240?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item3a7a2cb820

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cardfight-Vanguard-Tachikaze-Deck-Really-Cheap-/251159685396?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item3a7a48a914

what about these for my bro to use are they competitave at all I dont want to spend a boat load for him lol

Since your brother is interested in playing Vanguard you should still get him a deck that he wants to play, Nova Grapplers are pretty good although once you get the deck you'll need to run more Beast Deity, Azure Dragon cause the Persona Blast is amazing in that deck. There's also some good Nova Grappler cards from Calvary of Black Steel, ya know the set that has Spectral Duke Dragon in it? Might be some in the set that has Dark Irregulars and Pale Moon as well. Those cards I mentioned aren't in the decks you're getting on eBay although they shouldn't be hard to get ahold of online or from buying packs.

If you plan on playing competitively in Vanguard then get the $135 deck because Perfect/Null Guards are so good in just about every Clan there is depending on how good those Clan(s) are. As for the Tachikaze deck, I haven't seen much action with that Clan to warrant it's usefulness as of now, they don't have enough support yet with what we have in the game's card pool right now but they'll get better over time just like how some people are wanting to run Great Nature where BT07 has given the Clan the support it needs to be playable. I heard it's got this Ride Chain based on an Elephant which is interesting...

Okay so without further ado here's my Royal Paladin deck based on Blaster Blade however I don't have a playset of Flash Shield, Iseult (Perfect Guard for Royal Paladins) for this deck yet but I plan to though:

Grade 0's

4 Alabaster Owl (Critical Trigger) - $1.48 a playset
4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona (Critical Trigger) - Royal Paladin Trial Deck
4 Weapons Dealer, Govannon (Draw Trigger) - Royal Paladin Trial Deck
4 Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine (Heal Trigger) - Royal Paladin Trial Deck
1 Stardust Trumpeter (Starting Vanguard) - Royal Paladin Trial Deck

Grade 1's

4 Lake Maiden, Lien - $1.36 a playset
4 Little Sage, Marron - Royal Paladin Trial Deck
4 Wingal - 2 Wingals per Trial Deck
2 Miru Biru - $1.00 a piece

Grade 2's

4 Blaster Blade - $8-10 a piece / 1 copy in Royal Paladin Trial Deck
4 Knight of Silence, Gallatin - Royal Paladin Trial Deck
4 Knight of Determination, Lamorak - $1.36 a playset

Grade 3's

3 Solitary Knight, Gancelot - Royal Paladin Trial Deck
2 King of Knights, Alfred - $15-20 a piece
1 White Dragon Knight, Pendragon - $3-4 a piece
1 Alfred Early - $5-6 a piece

Deck Total (50)

Managed to beat a Dark Irregulars deck with Perfect Guards in them with this deck, incase you're wondering you don't really need 3-4 Perfect Guards in your deck If you don't have the money but they help tremendously especially against Spectral Duke Dragon and Crossrides in general which haven't been released yet in English. Royal Paladins are getting a huge boost in BT05 next year with Majesty Lord Blaster so Blaster Blade might go up in price next year around then.

If it's not any trouble please sign the petition in my sig, If the petition gets passed then there's a strong likelihood that Cartoon Network will finally green-light the English Dub for the Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime to be broadcasted live on Cable and Satellite TV. I can't do this alone, so I'll need your help ya know as a way of returning the favor to me for helping you out. If the Anime gets more popular on TV it will help boost the TCG's sales.

I actually signed it a few days ago and thanks for the list. I thought royal paladins would be a little mmore expensive but that looks cheaper than kagero. And is the first deck from ebay the good one that I need to add in some stuff? So I should prolly buy the kagero deck and the nova grapplers?

is this good? http://www.ebay.com/itm/cardfight-vanguard-BERMUDA-TRIANGLE-DECK-Pearl-Sisters-Pearle-Perla-Top-Idol-/261101238839?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item3ccad8ba37

also what should I get if I just want to play casually but have 2 good decks

Your Master said:
I actually signed it a few days ago and thanks for the list. I thought royal paladins would be a little mmore expensive but that looks cheaper than kagero. And is the first deck from ebay the good one that I need to add in some stuff? So I should prolly buy the kagero deck and the nova grapplers?

I'd say go with the $135 Kagero deck and Nova Grapplers. As for that last post, not sure... :/

So buy the 135 deck the 30 grappler deck and add in the deity into it I am kinda considering spike bros over kagero

Back