Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

The cheapest Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion I found was $24 and that wasn't even the SP version, so I don't know about that haha. And the theme deck unfortunately only came with 1 Thunder Break Dragon. Do you know if there's a more consistent clan right now in Vanguard, or are all clans this limited?

Actually Narukami is one of the clans with the smallest cardpool. Kagero, Royal Paladin, Nova Grappler, Oracle Think Tank, Granblue and Gold Paladins each have quite a bit of support.

No wonder every Naruami list I find are mostly the same, haha. They're only in Set 6 and Trial deck 6, correct? Is there another set coming out that will feature the Narukami? And which clan do you think will be the easiest for a beginner? Sorry if this is a lot of questions, just really trying hard to get into this game. :p

TPZ said:
No wonder every Naruami list I find are mostly the same, haha. They're only in Set 6 and Trial deck 6, correct? Is there another set coming out that will feature the Narukami? And which clan do you think will be the easiest for a beginner? Sorry if this is a lot of questions, just really trying hard to get into this game. :p

Narukami should get support in set 8, but we probably won't get that until 2013. :/

And I guess I would recommend Kagero, Royal Paladin or Gold Paladin for a beginner. They're probably the most popular decks right now, partially because they're reasonably easy to play. I might get flamed for this opinion, but oh well.

Does anyone have any trades for Vanguard? If you do please PM me! I don't really have much but I have a tn of Pokemon stuff. Thanks!

I'm sure If you make an account on Pojo you'll have a better chance of getting stuff you need for Vanguard. I don't think PokeBeach allows for cross trading with other TCG's aside from Pokemon but I could be wrong on that.

Kagero is a good clan right? After reading up a bit on it, it should be tier 1, right? I just received 4 Dragonic Lawkeeper, hope it wasn't a waste, haha.

Kagero is definitely one of the more popular clans with a lot of support, and still gaining it.

Do you guys think i should go for a Tsukuyomi build of OTT or stay with a more CEO type of build which in you opinion is better? I would make the Tsukuyomi build just because its new but idk whether its better than the old style OTT. Can someone help me decide which i should go with?

DarknessGrace said:
Do you guys think i should go for a Tsukuyomi build of OTT or stay with a more CEO type of build which in you opinion is better? I would make the Tsukuyomi build just because its new but idk whether its better than the old style OTT. Can someone help me decide which i should go with?

You can always run both. CEO makes a good backup Vanguard if you fail your ride chain.

Kagero is Tier 1, unlike the Anime series there actually is a Tier System in the Cardfight!! Vanguard TCG. For the Anime series to completely ignore the sense of a Tier System in the game makes the series almost as unrealistic as the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime. Heck If the Anime series for Vanguard was realistic to the actual TCG, Aichi would have a part time job to pay for most of the cards in his deck but since he's underage he's loaned expensive and rare cards to him to build his deck(s). Even Kai and Misaki are old enough to pay for their own decks cause they're high school students.

Of course the mythos of Planet Cray in which the Units of the TCG are from and Psyqualia does make the Anime series unrealistic to a certain extent, it's made to give the Anime series a sense of entertainment other than just a bunch of people in Japan playing card games with no heavy plot or storyline to make the series interesting to watch. While it's true that the Vanguard Anime has a load full of plotholes it doesn't make itself any different from other successful Anime series that had as many If not more plotholes as well. I see why they want to make Aichi Sendou a weak protagonist to make him more realistic compared to other Shonen Jump protagonists but some people who grew up with the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime don't like that idea.

The Tier System we have is sort of based on what popular decks the characters in the Anime series play which makes alot of sense If you're an avid fan of the Anime Series for Cardfight!! Vanguard. But for those that aren't fans of the Anime but love playing the TCG might have it hard to go Rogue or be original with their own Clans so to speak. It's really all in preference but as you can tell by what popular decks are being played it explains how much the Anime series has greatly influenced what kind of Clan they want to base their decks around and there's nothing wrong with that actually. When I play other TCG's that isn't as strong on it's own source material it's quite different especially in Magic but maybe because there's just more room for originality in deck building that sort of makes it into an art form to be proud of If you're lucky.

Here is my current list I'd like to test, if someone wanted to help me.

GRADE 0's (17)
Conroe (Starter, obv)
4 Genjo (Heal)
4 Draw (2 Monica, 2 Gattling Claw)
8 Critical (4 Tahr, 4 Dracokid)

GRADE 1's (14)
4 Bahr (8k)
2 Kimnara
3 Barri (Perfect guard)
2 Jarran (Tejas booster)
3 Gojo (Rest, Discard, Draw)

GRADE 2's (11)
4 Nehalem (10k)
3 Tejas
2 Berger (10k intercept)
2 Berserk Dragon

GRADE 3's (8)
4 Dragonic Lawkeeper
2 Dragonic Overlord
2 Dual Axe Archdragon

Unfortunately, I'm missing a few of the cards, but this is the final list I think I am going to try to run. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Here's the decklist of Wai Ho Chu's Lawkeeper Kagero that came in 1st place at the
Cardfight!! Vanguard Event at Gencon Indy 2012 hosted by Bushiroad:

Grade 0's (17)

4 Gattling Claw Dragon (Draw Trigger)
4 Embodiment of Spear, Tahr (Critical Trigger)
4 Dragon Monk, Genjo (Heal Trigger)
3 Blue Ray Dracokid (Critical Trigger)
1 Dragon Dancer, Monica (Draw Trigger)
1 Lizard Soldier, Conroe (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1's (14)

4 Wyvern Guard, Barri (Perfect Guard)
4 Embodiment of Armor, Bahr
3 Dragon Monk, Gojo
2 Flame of Hope, Aermo
1 Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara

Grade 2's (11)

4 Dragon Knight, Nehalem
4 Berserk Dragon
3 Cross Shot, Garp

Grade 3's (8)

3 Dragonic Lawkeeper
3 Dragonic Overlord
2 Dual Axe Archdragon

Deck Total (50)

You don't have to netdeck it entirely but this is the most consistent Lawkeeper Kagero deck out there right now. Your Grade 1's focus around discard and draw with Gojo and Aermo If you get Gradelocked. Kimnara is good as a 1 of but If you feel the need to run more then go ahead I guess. 4 Barri is a must cause your deck will be inconsistent competitively with just 3 Perfect Guards. I ran 3 Halo Shields in my Gold Paladin and it wasn't NEARLY as good running 4 of them in the deck which it does right now.

The Grade 2's are self explanatory, 10k's are stupid good and Berserk Dragon makes for amazing board control. One of my friends runs a Lawkeeper Kagero deck with being able to Superior Ride into Embodiment of Victory, Aleph which is nice but at the same time can hurt the consistency of your deck by devoting specific units of lesser Grades to pull it off but then again If you're running a Trigger Ratio of 4 Heals and 12 Criticals that shouldn't matter. Chu's build runs 5 Draw Triggers because it thrives on drawpower and you should do the same.

Hope this helps and good luck TPZ. ;)

One of my friends helped me build a Royal Paladin deck without Barcgal that is more of a novelty deck themed after Aichi Sendou's Royal Paladin deck in the Anime to some extent although it's based more on SSD than King of Knights, Alfred although I might be getting an Alfred from my friend. Here's how I plan to get it finished thus far:

Grade 0's (17)

4 Alabaster Owl (Critical Trigger)
4 Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine (Heal Trigger)
4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona (Critical Trigger)
4 Weapons Dealer, Govannon (Draw Trigger)
1 Stardust Trumpeter (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1's (14)

4 Wingal
4 Lake Maiden, Lien
4 Little Sage, Marron
2 Miru Biru

Grade 2's (11)

4 Blaster Blade
4 Knight of Silence, Gallatin
3 Knight of Determination, Lamorak

Grade 3's (8)

3 Solitary Knight, Gancelot
3 White Dragon Knight, Pendragon
2 King of Knights, Alfred

Deck Total (50)

I know this deck will get better in future sets especially with Wingal Brave as Starting Vanguard among other Royal Paladin stuff that's yet to be released in English. Hope to get 4 Perfect Guards for this deck.

So with Set 7 coming right around the corner, I thought, "hey, why not make a Great Nature deck." So here's a rough draft of the list I might run:

Grade 0:
4x Triangle Cobra
4x Ruler Chameleon
4x General Cat
4x Dictionary Goat
Schoolyard Prodigy, Lox (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1:
4x Bringer of Knowledge, Lox
3x Pencil Squire, Hammsuke
3x Cable Sheep
4x Silver Wolf

Grade 2:
4x Law Official, Lox
4x Pencil Knight, Hammsuke
3x Geograph Giant

Grade 3:
4x Guardian of Truth, Lox
2x School Hunter, Leopard
2x Pencil Hero, Hammsuke

Made this list in like 15 minutes. If anyone knew how Great Nature is played, and wanted to laugh in my face, go ahead. I have no idea what I'm doing. Help would be appreciated. :)

There's a new Clan in Cardfight!! Vanguard called Etranger and so far they consist of Japanese and Singapore Exclusive Promo cards consisting of Sgt. Frog characters cosplaying as Blaster Blade and Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel as well as a Grade 3 Unit of our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Spiderman

Also there's a Cardfight!! Vanguard video game expected to be released for the Nintendo 3DS called, "Cardfight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory" which is slated for a 2013 release. Here's some pics of the game:

http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/025/124/37/N000/000/003/134806361389413109605_A3J8BFuCIAA9XxJ.jpg-large.jpeg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_malze23ek21qdoneb.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_malze8ce5V1qdoneb.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_malzeizGqN1qdoneb.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_malzduZeIt1qdoneb.jpg

The bad news is that the game is region locked... :(

I keep hearing about how everyone is saying that Crossrides are broken and DOTE needs to get banned especially other Units that Crossride as well, even If Bushiroad goes ahead to print Crossrides in English will that really turn this game into Yu-Gi-Oh! in terms of sheer power creep? So BT05 is basically the Invasion of Chaos/Dark Crisis of Cardfight!! Vanguard?

I thought Bushiroad wouldn't print broken cards like Konami did with
Yu-Gi-Oh! but apparently that's not the case regarding Crossrides. Like what was said before there's so much hype going around with this mechanic that maybe we aren't using logic or maybe we are. I've been playing Vanguard since it's release in the U.S. and now this game is taking a direction for the worse?

Are people really going to quit Cardfight!! Vanguard because of DOTE and Crossrides? I wouldn't be too surprised but maybe a little, 13k Grade 3's are a big deal of course and they can be hard to guard against. DOTE can allow you to draw 4 cards from Twin Driving twice in one turn after using it's Persona Blast all because it doesn't lose Twin Drive and it Stands after attacking once, all this in the best Clan in the game being Kagero.

If Crossrides are going to make Vanguard as broken of a TCG as Yu-Gi-Oh! is then is it a good idea to quit the game? I don't want to quit Vanguard and I've gotten several people at my locals join the TCG since we've been having fun playing Vanguard. So maybe I'll just ride this out (no pun intended) and see what Bushiroad does and apparently in the OCG in Japan it seems as though Crossrides and DOTE aren't that bad there.

So I have been thinking of trying Vanguard. What would the best starter deck be?

Back