Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Ok let's drop the Kaijudo discussion, this IS the Vanguard thread.

Anyway I built Dark Irregulars pretty much as soon as the set came out, and it's working rather well but does need some work of course. After playtesting I've found that Knowledge Drunkard actually isn't that great of a card, since there's never anything in your hand to put in your soul that you wouldn't just call or guard with anyway (basically, no draw triggers), so I ended up dropping those even though I originally thought they were great. I also tried using Rock The Wall for some more defensive power, but I needed more room for other cards and found that the deck mainly works offensively so I dropped those altogether as well. I'm pretty satisfied with my list right now but I'd like to get another Amon and Stil Vampir (so I can stop running 3 Edel Rose...) and a 3rd perfect shield as well

Riskbreakers said:
Pale Moon the bomb yo.

Glad to hear it. Truthfully my friend seems to be sort of struggling with his, but maybe that's just his luck, or his list of course.

It does have consistency issues because support is still very limited. It is one of the Top four hardest decks to master though.

So how do you guys feel about a new game mechanic for CFV where whenever a Unit's attack hits an Opponent's Vanguard, that damage is turned face-down instead of face-up. Wanna "No Guard" and accumulate face-up damage for Counterblasts? forget it. Imagine how much anti-meta that would be though. Nova Grapplers Tier 1 anybody?

As for the top four hardest Decks/Clans to master would Gold Paladins be one of them by any chance? Mainly because Ezel/Garmore has an enormous amount of difficulty guarding against Spectral Duke decks? I've only managed to beat Spectral Duke once with Ezel/Garmore but that was because my opponent made a couple misplays that cost him the game.

Top 4 decks that are hard to play

Pale Moon
Angel Feather
Granblue
Tsukuyomi Oracle Think Tank

And no, no counterblasts would essentially kill almost any deck out there.

I want to start playing this, but everytime I look at the how to play guide, It's always either too small/blury to read, or just plain out confusing.

Can someone help?

Martini said:
I want to start playing this, but everytime I look at the how to play guide, It's always either too small/blury to read, or just plain out confusing.

Can someone help?

Maybe try watching the anime if you have time or are in the mood. It's actually quite a good anime, and it teaches you the game reasonably quickly.

Pretty sure some Royal Paladin decks do the same. I don't personally like that kind of thing though. Most decks need the drawpower that draw triggers provide, and stands are so much better than people give them credit for in the right decks. And no, not just Nova Grapplers...

Draw Triggers are good but the more Critical Triggers you run the more pressure you put on your opponent. I do think that running 12 Criticals in a deck certainly puts you at an unfair advantage against your Opponent If they are running a Clan that only has 1 or 2 kinds of Criticals to run a playset of instead of 3.

Royal Paladins are alright but they aren't as good as they were before Barcgal got banned as Starting Vanguard and they've yet to get a good replacement for it. So far Kagero is the only good Clan right now where you can run 4 Heals and 12 Crits and that literally makes the Clan itself BDIF almost. Kagero pretty much has everything that most other Clans don't have right now and that's kind of a bad thing.

The TCG itself is said to be more diverse by next set well it won't be unless every Clan gets 2-3 extra Critical Trigger Units to be on par with Kagero right now. I remember when I used to play the Naruto CCG and it took like 10 or so expansions before every Element was diverse with eachother. Similiar case with Cardfight!! Vanguard, the card pool isn't big enough yet, it takes time and alot of patience. As for Draw Triggers, they're mainly good against Spike Brothers and Spectral Duke.

Kagero seems like it can fully abuse 12 Crits, it didn't get nerfed like Royal Paladins did which is why alot of players are running Gold Paladins cause ya know Aichi Sendou runs it now instead of Royal Paladins. Kinda sad how bad of a player he is compared to someone like Yugi Mutou who seems to be a natural at card games.

Card Slinger J said:
Kagero seems like it can fully abuse 12 Crits, it didn't get nerfed like Royal Paladins did which is why alot of players are running Gold Paladins cause ya know Aichi Sendou runs it now instead of Royal Paladins. Kinda sad how bad of a player he is compared to someone like Yugi Mutou who seems to be a natural at card games.

He's not bad, he's realistic. It's dumb if the main character of the series is downright unbeatable, and Aichi has proven that he's a great player, he just lacks confidence and he's still mastering a new deck at this point in the series.

Also people are overreacting about Royal Paladins. They can't use Barcgal as a starter anymore, but that hardly made them any worse. They're still very consistent and strong, and they got Palamedes, one of the best rear guards in the game. Though it's true that Gold Paladin is becoming more popular because it currently has more support and is getting more sooner, sadly enough, and as you said a lot of players are dumb and just run what the main characters run,

My bf plays so, I have played a couple of games. So far I like it I just dont understand how to strategize/get set up. I dont know if all desks are like this, but the one I played there was no real way to get out the creachers you need. Just simply hope you top deck it or drawl it with a trigger card. Is there more deck serches that I dont know about?

I overheard about what happened at the Cardfight!! Vanguard event that took place at GenCon Indy 2012. They had a player turnout of 64 people with a Best of 1 Double Elimination Tournament Structure. Still no Best 2 out of 3 or Best 1 out of 3 Swiss? :/

Tournament Champion used a Kagero Lawkeeper deck (no surprise there), most of the players at the event ran Gold Paladins, Kagero, and Royal Paladins while lower percentages of players ran Narukami, OTT, Granblue, Angel Feather, and Nova Grappler.

Not much love for Dark Irregulars, Spike Brothers, and Pale Moon however. You would think Spike Brothers (Dudley Emperor) would top especially after what happened at the Anaheim Kickoff Event with 400 players. Of course alot of players running Gold and Royal Paladins cause ya know like I said earlier Aichi Sendou.

Hey guys, first time posting in this thread. I bought the Narukami theme deck, and I really enjoy playing. I've done a bit of research and it seems like Narukami isn't a very strong clan in the meta game, if someone could give me a strong list (mostly for a beginner please!) I'd appreciate it. I don't know much about how many cards there are in the card pool, but I'm really interested in buying more cards and building a better deck. Thanks!

TPZ said:
Hey guys, first time posting in this thread. I bought the Narukami theme deck, and I really enjoy playing. I've done a bit of research and it seems like Narukami isn't a very strong clan in the meta game, if someone could give me a strong list (mostly for a beginner please!) I'd appreciate it. I don't know much about how many cards there are in the card pool, but I'm really interested in buying more cards and building a better deck. Thanks!

Narukami isn't huge right now but that's because it doesn't have all that much support yet. I'm sure it'll become a fearsome clan in the future. As for right now, the way to make the deck is to get a playset of Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion (may be a bit pricey.) It's a very strong grade 3 and the best one for the deck. Hang on to the Thunder Break Dragon(s) from your starter deck as well (I forget if it comes with one or two) , and look around and see what other cards you need for the deck, I don't specifically know which ones are necessary.

Back