Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

My Wal-Mart started selling Cardfight Theme Decks. I don't remember which ones, though. Should I buy one? I kinda want to save for Dragons Exalted though, so please tell me if it's worth it. I really wanna try it out, so I might do that Cardfight Capital thing!

Mudkip-EX said:
I really wanna try it out, so I might do that Cardfight Capital thing!
Well, it appears as though it's only for Windows, which is pretty shinxy, but whatever, I'll try the actual cards sometime. Is anyone here from North Florida? I'd like to know if there are any good card shops in Jacksonville, preferably not a long drive away from St.Augustine. Thank you!

I might go to the Dragons Exalted Pre-Release, it seems like all the Pokemon TCG players in my area are on hiatus until the new BW-On format is legal for Modified. I'm not really looking for much in Vanguard unless my locals picks up steam any time soon, such a great TCG yet all the Yu-Gi-Oh! and Magic players think it's a bad investment.

People complain too much about lucksacking in Vanguard like they did with Yu-Gi-Oh!. Is lucksacking really THAT bad in Vanguard? Lucksacking in Vanguard is when you win games by Heals and Crits while in Yu-Gi-Oh! lucksacking is dependant on what specific cards you play like Snatch Steal, Fiber Jar, Pot of Greed, Ring of Destruction, Infernity Archfiend and Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End.

Here's an article regarding the luck factor in Cardfight!! Vanguard:

http://bramptonbooster.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/is-vanguard-lucky/

Incase anyone is wondering, Japanese Subs for the Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime are on Crunchyroll and are perfectly legal so they won't be effected by that new Anti-Piracy law that the Japanese Government recently passed.

It's a *bleep*in card game. There is always luck involved. If they want to play a game that doesn't involve luck, they should just stop playing TCGs altogether and be professional chess players.

I mean, YGO doesn't even have a mulligan, you draw crud on your starting hand, you're dead. If you play smart as well, you can get around triggers.

Tell your friends this. I have won multiple games even when I misgraded for 2 turns. My friends have won games even if they were hit by double criticals. They should stop whining about lucksacking. Lost by luck? Suck it up and move on lol.

Riskbreakers said:
It's a *bleep*in card game. There is always luck involved. If they want to play a game that doesn't involve luck, they should just stop playing TCGs altogether and be professional chess players.

I mean, YGO doesn't even have a mulligan, you draw crud on your starting hand, you're dead. If you play smart as well, you can get around triggers.

Tell your friends this. I have won multiple games even when I misgraded for 2 turns. My friends have won games even if they were hit by double criticals. They should stop whining about lucksacking. Lost by luck? Suck it up and move on lol.

This. If you hate the luck, then just outplay the luck. Hate to be cheesy and reference the anime (spoiler alert btwz), but if Kai and Aichi managed to outplay a supernatural power that basically won the game for the player, then I'm pretty sure you can outplay luck pretty consistently.

Yet the big complaint about Vanguard I got from HeyTrainer was that the whole thing is degenerate combos and hitting the right triggers. I also couldn't believe what one guy said on another forum when he said that, "Bushiroad is pushing casual Yu-Gi-Oh! players out of the game and only creating another Yu-Gi-Oh! (being Cardfight!! Vanguard) for sketchy people to rip, rob and cheat other people."

I was surprised when I heard that Kaijudo has a League System very similiar to the Pokemon TCG. I don't think Wizards of the Coast is working as hard as Bushiroad is in terms of distributing Kaijudo cause they've always been so pre-occupied with Magic: The Gathering that it's the main TCG that they have any time for anymore.

Meaty said:
This. If you hate the luck, then just outplay the luck. Hate to be cheesy and reference the anime (spoiler alert btwz), but if Kai and Aichi managed to outplay a supernatural power that basically won the game for the player, then I'm pretty sure you can outplay luck pretty consistently.

Though I wasn't able to outplay a game awhile ago because I couldn't trigger and all my Marks were hiding. But overall, I know that I am a threat when I hold Gold Paladins.

I had a rematch against SDD with Ezel/Garmore, got 3 Heal Triggers off, and still didn't win but I could've avoided it If I had not wasted Shields on his Grade 2 Vanguard even If he drove into a Crit (wasn't thinking straight for some odd reason cause I was tired). Both decks usually have a 50-50 favorability against eachother.

If there's one Clan that's going to be annoying as Kagero is it's Bermuda Triangle. Instead of retiring units they just bounce them back to your Opponent's hand from what I understand. Downside to it is they get more Shields to Guard with unless they bounce back Grade 3's which would leave for some major tempo advantage.

Card Slinger J said:
I had a rematch against SDD with Ezel/Garmore, got 3 Heal Triggers off, and still didn't win but I could've avoided it If I had not wasted Shields on his Grade 2 Vanguard even If he drove into a Crit (wasn't thinking straight for some odd reason cause I was tired). Both decks usually have a 50-50 favorability against eachother.

If there's one Clan that's going to be annoying as Kagero is it's Bermuda Triangle. Instead of retiring units they just bounce them back to your Opponent's hand from what I understand. Downside to it is they get more Shields to Guard with unless they bounce back Grade 3's which would leave for some major tempo advantage.

i thought that Bermuda Triangles bounce their own units back to had so they can activate coming into play effects.

Card Slinger J said:
Maybe you could be right though...

yeah i read flores and it bounces units to hand and some random common and it has a 2000 boost when called to the rear guard, But none the less i think theres a mini set designated for bermuda triangle and i plan to make them,

i have a question lets say i have a grade 2 rear guard thats not rested can i intercept with that unit, basically does a grade 2 have to be rested in order to intercept?

Rested meaning "Turned Sideways" or "Tapped" in Magic terms correct? If so then yes you can still Intercept with that Grade 2 Unit.

GGGGRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEAAAATTTT DDDAAAAAIIIIYYYYYUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

(I had to...)

Riskbreakers said:
I thought I was watching Transformers

It was still very entertaining.

Kenji: I did it! I finally beat Suzugamori!!!

Teammates: Sorry bro we lost.

Yeah that was pretty awesome. Now I'm starting to have flashbacks of G Gundam...

I have some good news regarding the TCG, Cardfight!! Vanguard is going to have an Event at Gencon 2012 this year. I heard that some guy named ImDoneItsOver from Pojo is running it. Hope he succeeds...

This week's episode DEFINITLY made up for last week's episode! That was probably the best fight in the whole series so far!

Back