Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Meaty said:
I know this is a small point here, but I find that the deck works just fine with only 2 SSD, and that saves you a good 20$. I do reccomend 3 Alfred over 2 though. :/

Also i find a 2-2 split of flogal and llew is a good line up for blaster blade in RP thats what i run.

I personally like 3 Flogal... It makes that random stand trigger possible, and it's nice when it shows up. I happen to run 4 Llew because I have them, and I only own one Epona... If I had another I might actually cut down to two Flogal. :p But 4 Heal and 4 Draw are definitely good choices if you ask me. Not only is the draw great for the defensive, but Margal's just got such a nice secondary effect anyway.

Probably off topic but just how bad is the English Dub for Cardfight!! Vanguard? Why the overly high expectations for it? It's like we have a really good TCG based on a terrible English Dub. Why not just stick with the Japanese Sub ya know? Most of the time Subs are better than Dubs anyway. I honestly don't have a problem with both the Sub and Dub for Vanguard and I think they're pretty good. It's not perfect but it's better than 4Kids dubbing it right? Right? Apparently not to you guys because the Vanguard Anime is SUPPOSED to be exactly like Yu-Gi-Oh! was. :(

I know the Anime was made to promote the TCG but you can make the same argument about the Pokemon Anime about how it's made to promote the franchise itself. It's like any Anime series based on any TCG or whatever isn't going to do any good in today's Secondary Market because nostalgia sells more than anything. If the product doesn't have any nostalgia it won't sell. Thing is when stuff was new people had to give it a chance to become popular, why not give CFV a chance? The thing is people are giving the TCG a chance but not the Anime for it itself.

Riskbreakers said:
don't GET BARCGAL!! It's getting restricted as a Starting Vanguard starting August.

You're right, here's the link confirming it:

http://cf-vanguard.com/en/howto/bannedrestricted-cards/

Because American kids would not care to watch the Japanese dub and watch English subs no matter how lackluster they are.

Oh my god so now I've decided after you guys talking about it to watch the anime.. probably subbed.
I probably won't get into the TCG.. it's not really my thing to play with cards..I also doubt that anybody where I live would have even heard of the anime/game
Australia isn't the best country for TCG or video game tournaments..

I'm thinking about buying a few trial dex for my bro and I but I don't want to spend loads of money where is a good place to get some dex and maybe some pax

I had to get my local cardshop to pre-order most of the Vanguard stuff, and Wal-Mart has a very limited selection for decks and packs. I checked over at Target as well and they have zero stuff for Vanguard. All their TCG stuff is for other TCG's. Stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, World of Warcraft, Pokemon, and some horribly licensed TCG that isn't Vanguard.

Sounds to me like Vanguard isn't taking off like it should, I can see how hard it is to convince a Yu-Gi-Oh! player whose dedicated 10 years of their life into that TCG considering the amount of money they poured into building their decks for it. Sometimes you have to move on to better things, don't be so materialistic ya know? And then there's that feeling of regret and the moment you do it would already be too late to jump back in.

It's like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Cardfight!! Vanguard have sort of become a prime example of what's wrong with the United States today. You have Yu-Gi-Oh! which caters to the 1% of America which realistically would cater to corrupt companies on Wall Street and billionaires that only benefit themselves while you have Cardfight!! Vanguard which caters to the 99% of America which relates to people who want things affordable, on a budget, and need employment ASAP.

Card Slinger J said:
I had to get my local cardshop to pre-order most of the Vanguard stuff, and Wal-Mart has a very limited selection for decks and packs. I checked over at Target as well and they have zero stuff for Vanguard. All their TCG stuff is for other TCG's. Stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, World of Warcraft, Pokemon, and some horribly licensed TCG that isn't Vanguard.

Sounds to me like Vanguard isn't taking off like it should, I can see how hard it is to convince a Yu-Gi-Oh! player whose dedicated 10 years of their life into that TCG considering the amount of money they poured into building their decks for it. Sometimes you have to move on to better things, don't be so materialistic ya know? And then there's that feeling of regret and the moment you do it would already be too late to jump back in.

It's like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Cardfight!! Vanguard have sort of become a prime example of what's wrong with the United States today. You have Yu-Gi-Oh! which caters to the 1% of America which realistically would cater to corrupt companies on Wall Street and billionaires that only benefit themselves while you have Cardfight!! Vanguard which caters to the 99% of America which relates to people who want things affordable, on a budget, and need employment ASAP.

What on Earth are you rambling on about this time?

Card Slinger J said:
...About how Vanguard might become a dead TCG soon? :(
Odd to find myself posting on this thread, but I guess it couldn't hurt...

Don't be thinking about Vanguard possibly dying out, think about how much it could grow instead. I personally am not interested in playing at this point in time, and when I first heard about it I didn't expect much. But, to my surprise, I hear news about it from one person and then shortly after I hear other people I know also talking about it. From what I can tell the game is fairly new, so if it's just in the beginning stages and attracting this much attention, I don't even know how big it could get in the next few years if it keeps up. So my opinion in short, I think it has a lot of potential.

Didn't exactly read everything you wrote so I'm not going to reply to everything, but really, it seems to be growing fine and not all that likely to die out anytime soon.

That's what people said about TCG/CCG's like Battle Spirits, Duel Masters, and The Spoils and look where those games wound up at. Vanguard was released in Japan and Singapore last year and it just recently arrived in the U.S. like 3 months ago with booster sets being released out the wazoo to try to catch up with Japan and Singapore.

I guess some of the big turnoffs for Vanguard is that people are too shallow to get into it regardless of how good the game mechanics are. If your TCG looks a bit something like the Magi-Nation TCG then you're most likely not going to get the greatest results, and multi-demographic appeal is probably going to take a massive squeege on itself. The truth hurts sometimes but that's just the way things have been.

If Vanguard was growing fine I'd have Sanctioned Tournaments at my local cardshops from Bushiroad by now especially Game Demos to teach people how to play the game but instead all that me and my friends got was a DVD of the first English Dub episodes of Vanguard to get the feel of the Anime when most people have Internet access just to watch it Subbed.

NidoJosh said:
Oh my god so now I've decided after you guys talking about it to watch the anime.. probably subbed.
I probably won't get into the TCG.. it's not really my thing to play with cards..I also doubt that anybody where I live would have even heard of the anime/game
Australia isn't the best country for TCG or video game tournaments..

Cfv is huge in brisnane sydney and melbourne usually gets 20-30 weekly

Card Slinger J said:
That's what people said about TCG/CCG's like Battle Spirits, Duel Masters, and The Spoils and look where those games wound up at. Vanguard was released in Japan and Singapore last year and it just recently arrived in the U.S. like 3 months ago with booster sets being released out the wazoo to try to catch up with Japan and Singapore.

I guess some of the big turnoffs for Vanguard is that people are too shallow to get into it regardless of how good the game mechanics are. If your TCG looks a bit something like the Magi-Nation TCG then you're most likely not going to get the greatest results, and multi-demographic appeal is probably going to take a massive squeege on itself. The truth hurts sometimes but that's just the way things have been.

If Vanguard was growing fine I'd have Sanctioned Tournaments at my local cardshops from Bushiroad by now especially Game Demos to teach people how to play the game but instead all that me and my friends got was a DVD of the first English Dub episodes of Vanguard to get the feel of the Anime when most people have Internet access just to watch it Subbed.

You guys already have qualifiers for Worlds. For a first year TCG, that's good.

Tell your friends they're being haters if they think Vanguard is shallow. Many games I have lost because of my own misplaying rather than "blame it on the triggers"

Kagero I think is the best Trial deck, Royal Paladins are good it's just
that If you really want it to be really good you're gonna need to pour alot of money into it. Since Barcgal is banned as Starting Vanguard for the Clan you can go with that Trumpeter Unit I guess.

Riskbreakers said:
Many games I have lost because of my own misplaying rather than "blame it on the triggers"

Yeah same here, last Friday I made a misplay with Ezel/Garmore GP against RP by forgetting to apply the 5k Trigger Boost and the Crit on the other Grade 3 I had that my Opponent wasn't able to block to their Vanguard when he already had 5 damage after he blocked my Vanguard's attack.

Then one of my friends who recently put together a Spike Brothers deck went down a Grade on his Vanguard which cost him the game. I also had a match between Ezel/Garmore (me) vs. Spectral Duke Dragon (my friend) and it was about 50/50 even. Much better than getting eaten alive by Kagero however with a 4th Halo Shield, Mark and a 4th Sleygal Dagger I might actually stand a chance against it.

In the GP match I win one game cause my Opponent couldn't get a Grade 1, our last game was really close and I won with a Twin Drive Crit with Blond Ezel. I also managed to Perfect Guard against SDD and had enough defense to block it's second attack however he had loads of Shields in hand he could've used to win with possibly.

Here's my upgraded decklist for Ezel/Garmore GP:

Grade 0 (17)

4 Flame of Victory (Critical Trigger)
4 Silent Punisher (Critical Trigger)
4 Elixir Sommelier (Heal Trigger)
4 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw Trigger)
1 Crimson Lion Cub, Kyrph (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (15)

4 Halo Shield, Mark
4 Sleygal Dagger
4 Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
2 Charjgal
1 Percipice Whirlwind, Sagramore

Grade 2 (10)

4 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane
4 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
2 Mage of Calamity, Tripp

Grade 3 (8)

4 Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
2 Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
2 Gigantech Destroyer

Deck Total (50)

If you can get Gigantech Destroyer, it's better than Manawaydan. Otherwise the list looks really good.

If you want to experiment further on your G1 lineup, you can consider Precipice Whirlwind, Sagramore and maybe 1-2 Charjal since I just realized you were playing four garmore

Back