Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Card Slinger J said:
Well Ren Suzugamori was on the cover of the new set and it displayed something for Dark Irregulars so I'm inclined to believe that Dark Irregulars is in our 4th Expansion after Breaker of Limits. It was on the Official CFV Website. Calvary of Black Steel is to be released Internationally on July 7th, 2012.

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Extra_Booster:_Cavalry_of_Black_Steel See for yourself, not one Dark Irregulars card in the set. There are, however, several Dark Irregulars in Rampage of the Beast King, which Japan gets on the 7th and we get in September.
don()shinobi said:
Pardon, I do hate to interrupt the flow of this thread, and I'm almost sure this was mentioned already, but...
A week ago, I watched a recorded baseball game with my dad, since he missed that game. I saw an advertisement for this game on the baseball game.
I was quite amazed, actually; I don't think I've ever seen a card game advertised at any sports event before. It got me a bit interested, so I did a bit of research. I didn't understand the game, so I just looked at the pretty art. :3

Really? I find this surprisng as well. This was in the US?

Riskbreakers said:
Rampage of the Beast King will make DI and the "Circus" stronger.

And, you know, Great Natures are kind of the set's bulk. There's a bit of OTT and Gold Paladins in there as well, but not one Narukami card.

Meaty said:
And, you know, Great Natures are kind of the set's bulk. There's a bit of OTT and Gold Paladins in there as well, but not one Narukami card.

GNs are the set's bulk but the few units DI and PM get are enough to make them very very good. Narukami is on Set 8

Yeah I agree that Pale Moon and Dark Irregulars are getting very nice boosts. It's convenient, considering we're getting the bulk of those clans in August, and that set comes out in September.

I've been playing Gold Paladin Ezel Aggro for quite a while now and after many games, Superior Riding into Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel on Turn 2-3 just doesn't cut it anymore because you lose tempo advantage while at the same time needing to play Shield Units from your hand to boost Blond Ezel's attack and that leaves you wide open for your Opponent to deal damage to you especially If you have no Grade 2's to Intercept with and no Shields in hand to absorb damage.

Because of this I decided to go with the Spectral Duke Dragon route with Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer as my Starting Vanguard. Gold Paladins actually plays alot better this way but at the same time it seems like Blond Ezel's usefulness in the deck isn't that great since most of his effects only work If he's your Vanguard so I guess he's an okay secondary Grade 3 attacker If you don't get Spectral Duke Dragon out yet especially Great Silver Wolf, Garmore.

My metagame is pretty small and Kagero is the one deck that keeps giving me the most problems cause it's the only Clan other than Narukami that can retire units efficiently, sure Royal Paladins can retire units efficiently with Blaster Blade but that's at the cost of a double Counterblast and they don't have anything else that retires opponent's units. My Trigger Ratio was pretty bad as well, I had 8 Draws, 4 Heals, and 4 Criticals so I changed it up to 6 Criticals, 6 Draws, and 4 Heals. If you want I can post my decklist of my Spectral Duke Gold Paladin deck here.

Out of all the Grade 2's for Gold Paladins, Mage of Calamity, Tripp and Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane are the worst. Why? Because they require you to land a hit on your Opponent's Vanguard to trigger their abilities and most of the time they will have a Shield to block it or a Grade 2 to intercept the attack to cancel it out. Best Grade 2's for Gold Paladins are arguably Flash Edge Valkyrie, Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains (If you're running Ezel Aggro), and Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer (If you're running Spectral Duke Dragon).

Spectral Duke Dragon almost makes me want to run Fortune Bells (Stand Triggers) just so that after I Twin Drive into a Stand Trigger with the Duke I can Stand the Unit boosting Spectral Duke to get another attack boost afterward. That and If I have Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer in my soul the Duke has the same Power as Dragonic Overlord. I find running the Fortune Bells a bit situational If I don't chain it with the Duke to go for a 2nd boosted attack.

Don't rely on superior ride. I only use it when I don't have a G3 in hand. Don't play shield units to boost Ezel in the early game. A 11-12k attack from Ezel is enough to force a no guard on G1 or G2s.

As for Tripp in Viviane, they are one of the better G2s in Paladins. Why? Because their effects activate on hit. Why is that good? You're forcing them to guard right away and pressure them to wasting a lot of cards especially early on when players haven't checked too many triggers. Always put those two in front of a 6k booster or 7k booster to ensure that they will be guarding for at least 10k which can open things up for your VG and 2nd RG. Others also tend to attack Viviane and Tripp as soon as they see them so that also diverts attention.

Pale Moon also has an on hit unit named Nightmare Doll, Alice. You may not get that on-hit ability activated but if they choose to no guard, they are in for a mess.

I live In LSD (Lower Slower Delaware) a lot of people play in home owner association, but I would love to find new players to go against. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this game. If anyone is close to lower slower Delaware and would like to meet in a public place or something I'd love to get my vanguard on. This game is so much fun.

Can't wait for EB3. I main Spike Brothers right now, so yeah, REALLY need them Emperors :p I heard Great Nature is gonna be really good, wish it wasn't so expensive.

EB03 was released yesterday in the US. :) And yes, the set does give Spike Brothers quite a boost.

Riskbreakers said:
Don't rely on superior ride. I only use it when I don't have a G3 in hand. Don't play shield units to boost Ezel in the early game. A 11-12k attack from Ezel is enough to force a no guard on G1 or G2s.

As for Tripp in Viviane, they are one of the better G2s in Paladins. Why? Because their effects activate on hit. Why is that good? You're forcing them to guard right away and pressure them to wasting a lot of cards especially early on when players haven't checked too many triggers. Always put those two in front of a 6k booster or 7k booster to ensure that they will be guarding for at least 10k which can open things up for your VG and 2nd RG. Others also tend to attack Viviane and Tripp as soon as they see them so that also diverts attention.

Pale Moon also has an on hit unit named Nightmare Doll, Alice. You may not get that on-hit ability activated but if they choose to no guard, they are in for a mess.

Well here's my deck so far, tell me what you think:

Grade 0 (17)

4 Flame of Victory (Critical Trigger)
2 Silent Punisher (Critical Trigger)
4 Elixir Sommelier (Heal Trigger)
4 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw Trigger)
2 Fortune Bell (Stand Trigger)
1 Little Fighter, Cron (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (13)

4 Charjgal
3 Halo Shield, Mark
3 Sleygal Dagger
3 Player of the Holy Axe, Nimue

Grade 2 (13)

4 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane
3 Mage of Calamity, Tripp
3 Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion
3 Sleygal Sword

Grade 3 (7)

4 Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
2 Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
1 Gigantech Destroyer

Deck Total (50)

Hey guys, new to the forum. Looking to get into CFV.. and really would like some pointers to get started. I'm thinking of going with Royal Paladins. Might anyone have an idea of where to start? Wanting to try and build a decent deck to learn the game and such. Perhaps a list of a decent starter deck would suffice.

Royal Paladins are amazing but they're really expensive right now, same with Oracle Think Tank. I suggest you go with the Kagero Starter it's already proven to be a Tier 1 deck as it is, and a well built version pretty much has the best board removal out of any Clan in the game period. I don't know why though cause it puts certain Clans at a terrible disadvantage IMO.

Gold Paladins are pretty good too though I'm not sold on Narukami being as it needs Vermillion to be amazing since it's the best Grade 3 that Clan has right now. The only Starter Decks available are Royal Paladins, Kagero, Gold Paladins, and Narukami. For the other Clans you need to buy booster boxes to get what you need cause buying singles in CFV is a bit expensive right now.

CFV doesn't have a well established OP like Magic, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! has right now but it's getting there since CFV came out in Japan and Singapore just last year and Bushiroad has been pumping out sets internationally like crazy. Right now we are a few sets behind Japan and Singapore but given time will catch up soon hopefully as long as Yu-Gi-Oh! players stop using CFV mainly as a bargaining chip to get Yu-Gi-Oh! cards but what's the point If they don't wanna play CFV ya know?

Why you don't have the vanillas in there is weird. Gareth and Beaumains are a 4 of in GP, Gareth makes Nemean hit for 16k which is a 10k shield for 11k vanguards. If you run ezel, might as well run Kryph as a safety net if ever you don't get a G3 in hand, Kryph's 5k boost is also good for early game where Vivian can hit for 14k which is also a 10k shield for 9k G2 vanguards.

Drop the Slaygal Swords, add the Beaumains. Drop a Charjal and the 3 Nimue for 4 Gareth

Card Slinger J said:
For the other Clans you need to buy booster boxes to get what you need cause buying singles in CFV is a bit expensive right now.

Umm no, buying singles is almost always cheaper than trying to get what you need out of boxes in this game.

Thanks CSJ.. but I bought the trial deck..and had some good cards in it. I can score another Blaster Blade from a friend if needed, and he also has a couple of Alfreds. I think if I worked a lil more.. I could get a good deck.

So you're going with Royal Paladins eh? Yeah good luck getting ahold of 1 Barcgal (Starting Vanguard), 3 Soul Saver Dragon (SSD), 2-3 King of Knights Alfred, 3-4 Future Knight, Llew's, and 2 more Blaster Blade. Now you know why that deck is expensive to build...

Luckily for us Bushiroad is releasing Extended Art Promos of Blaster Blade and other cards however I'm not sure how you'll be able to get them though. We might also be getting EA Promos of Dragonic Overlord as well.

Meaty said:
Umm no, buying singles is almost always cheaper than trying to get what you need out of boxes in this game.

Unfortunately I'm at a limit, I can only buy up to $15 worth of cards on eBay. Some of the cards I want like Blond Ezel are going for $25-30 a piece which I'm not able to get ahold of. I have 2 Blond Ezel's already I could use 1 more though.

Meaty said:

That applies to any game, genius.

DONT GET BARCGAL!! It's getting restricted as a Starting Vanguard starting August.

Also, CSJ, you don't need a third Ezel. You have 4 Garmores already. Strengthen your Rear Guard options. There is a reason why Gigantech Destroyer, Manawaydan and Sagramore are 2-3 ofs in the deck.

Card Slinger J said:
So you're going with Royal Paladins eh? Yeah good luck getting ahold of 1 Barcgal (Starting Vanguard), 3 Soul Saver Dragon (SSD), 2-3 King of Knights Alfred, 3-4 Future Knight, Llew's, and 2 more Blaster Blade. Now you know why that deck is expensive to build...

I know this is a small point here, but I find that the deck works just fine with only 2 SSD, and that saves you a good 20$. I do reccomend 3 Alfred over 2 though. :/

Back