Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Went to a Team TOurnament yesterday. Seven teams :p

Checked my deck, found out I left Kryph at home so I took my extra Cron and played in practice matches and used Cron as well in the tournament matches.

By the end of the day, my GP was 8-2 in all games played. Cron <3

This is my list for OTT:

Grade 0's:
4x Lozenge Magus(Heal)
4x Miracle Kid(Draw)
2x Dream Eater(Draw)
2x Psychic Bird(Critical)
4x Oracle Guardian, Nike(Critical)

Grade 1's:
3x Weather Girl, Milk
4x Oracle Guardian, Gemini
4x Battle Sister, Cocoa
4x Battle Sister, Chocolat

Grade 2's:
4x Silent Tom
4x Battle Sister, Mocha
4x Oracle Guardian, Wiseman

Grade 3's:
3x Oracle Guardian, Apollon
4x CEO Amateratsu

No Perfect Guards for OTT? Every deck needs 4 Perfect Guards and they usually go for close to $20 a piece even with the popular Clans right now. Doesn't OTT have any Grade 3's with Limit Break or is that not out yet in English?

Card Slinger J said:
No Perfect Guards for OTT? Every deck needs 4 Perfect Guards and they usually go for close to $20 a piece even with the popular Clans right now. Doesn't OTT have any Grade 3's with Limit Break or is that not out yet in English?

battle sister chocolat is the perfect guard for OTT and idk if we have any grade threes with limit break.

Card Slinger J said:

OTT still doesn't have any card with a Limit Break, not even in Japan.

Meaty said:
OTT still doesn't have any card with a Limit Break, not even in Japan.

OTT doesn't need it. It's one of the best decks and they don't even have a crossride OR a limit break.

Chocolat is around 13-15 each. Mark is more expensive because everyone likes Gold Pallys. Cheer Girl, Marilyn (Spike Brothers) and Twin Blader (Nova Grappler) are like 10 bucks each

Fraxureking said:
Does anyone have a good Spike Brothers list? I am trying to run it.

I wouldn't give you a list anyway, but I'm trying to run it myself and it's proving to be rather challenging finding the right build. I'm still open to trying many different things, even a Seifreid build over the common Emperor build.

Anyone have a good list for Angel Feathers that is on a budget without too many Triple Rares? I'm trying to build one for a friend of mine whose trying to get into Vanguard. I already have some Double Rares for the deck, I bought out a box of Breaker of Limits last weekend to finish out my Gold Paladin deck and waiting for the next shipment to come in.

FraxureKing said:
Does anyone have a good Spike Brothers list? I am trying to run it.

Sure, this is a 1st place Spike Brothers decklist I found on YouTube...

Grade 0 (17)

4 Silence Joker (Critical Trigger)
4 Sonic Breaker (Critical Trigger)
4 Cheer Girl, Tiara (Heal Trigger)
4 Cheerful Lynx (Draw Trigger)
1 Mecha Trainer (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (14)

4 Dudley Dan
4 Wonder Boy
4 Cheer Girl, Marilyn
2 Cyclone Blitz

Grade 2 (12)

4 Treasured, Black Panther
4 Highspeed, Brakki
4 Panzer Gale

Grade 3 (7)

4 Sky Diver
3 Juggernaut Maximum

Deck Total (50)

Card Slinger J said:
Anyone have a good list for Angel Feathers that is on a budget without too many Triple Rares? I'm trying to build one for a friend of mine whose trying to get into Vanguard. I already have some Double Rares for the deck, I bought out a box of Breaker of Limits last weekend to finish out my Gold Paladin deck and waiting for the next shipment to come in.

Sure, this is a 1st place Spike Brothers decklist I found on YouTube...

Grade 0 (17)

4 Silence Joker (Critical Trigger)
4 Sonic Breaker (Critical Trigger)
4 Cheer Girl, Tiara (Heal Trigger)
4 Cheerful Lynx (Draw Trigger)
1 Mecha Trainer (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (14)

4 Dudley Dan
4 Wonder Boy
4 Cheer Girl, Marilyn
2 Cyclone Blitz

Grade 2 (12)

4 Treasured, Black Panther
4 Highspeed, Brakki
4 Panzer Gale

Grade 3 (7)

4 Sky Diver
3 Juggernaut Maximum

Deck Total (50)

First of all, that's a horrible list, even when considering that it's out of date. Second, I really dislike people net-decking in general. I mean it's alright to look up other people's lists with explanations out of curiosity, or look at the lists winning tourneys in Japan I guess, but don't just blatantly ask for a list of something. A little inspiration is ok, but it's really not that hard to just make the deck yourself. Come on.

Well If you really feel strongly against netdecking for Vanguard then I won't do it anymore on these forums. I see where you're coming from however sometimes it helps you understand how certain decks work in the most consistent way possible. As for the Angel Feathers deck I already found a Deck Profile of a good List on YouTube so it's all good. Building a Rogue Deck in Vanguard isn't as easy as in Pokemon TCG, as with Vanguard's case wouldn't combining 2 Clans together be considered Rogue anyway? Pokemon's case is so dependent on the format's card pool and by today's standards it's really not that much when TPCi is printing sets where only 10% of cards are playable.

I do want to ask an Official Rulings Question regarding Vanguard and whether or not If this is okay with Bushiroad for players to do this in Sanctioned Tournaments. Is it legal in a Sanctioned Cardfight!! Vanguard Tournament to use 6 sided dice to keep track of what power boosts you apply to specific units you control until end of turn? What about for effects like with Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel where it's Limit Break ability allows you to Counterblast 2 face up cards in your Damage Zone to reveal a GP from the top of your deck and apply it's Power to Blond Ezel thus putting 6 sided dice on Ezel equal to the amount of Power you apply.

Say you get a +5000 Power Boost from a Drive Check Trigger and apply it to one of your units until end of turn like say putting a 6 sided dice with the number 5 on the Unit signifying that it gets +5000 Power until end of turn or the number 2 If it gets +2000 until end of turn. This shouldn't be a problem in sanctioned tournaments for Vanguard cause one of my local judges allows it even though he doesn't run Official Bushiroad Tournaments for Vanguard although he's trying to though.

As far as official rules go you can Counterblast more than once with the same unit's ability as long as you pay the cost. For instance Sleygal Dagger says you can Counterblast for 1 to give it +2000 Power until end of turn as long as you meet the conditions of it's ability, thus say you Counterblast for 2 with Sleygal Dagger and it gets +4000 Power until end of turn and you can put a dice on it for 4 signifying the total power boost it got and remove those dice at the end of the turn otherwise you're just going to confuse players by not removing the dice placements any turn you boost except for when you're boosting an attacking unit with a Grade 0 or Grade 1.

Once the Power Boosts expire you remove the 6 Sided Dice from the Units you applied to them, is this perfectly legal with Bushiroad to do something like this in Sanctioned Tournaments for Cardfight!! Vanguard? What If the Vanguard Player has a short term memory to keep track of what Power Boosts they apply to specific units? It's just like how in the Pokemon TCG you are allowed to roll dice for effects pertaining to coin flips however Even Number Rolls are Heads and Odd Number Rolls are Tails.

as far as i remember, you cant use anything to take notes on the game state.. Hell if i could, the first thing I'd do is use notes for my opponent's drive checks

Jay said:
Are there any simulators for this game?

It's called Cardfight Capital. Here's the link for it:

http://www.neus-projects.net/content.php?118-Cardfight-Capital

Unfortunately Bushiroad doesn't have an Official Site where you can play Vanguard TCG Online
so until then you have Cardfight Capital.

Riskbreakers said:
as far as i remember, you cant use anything to take notes on the game state.. Hell if i could, the first thing I'd do is use notes for my opponent's drive checks

Japan, Singapore, and possibly other countries have exclusive "Fighter Coins" which allows you to keep track of what Power Boosts you apply for your Units, and they are not available for use here in the U.S. Also If a Judge catches you using non-English Vanguard product such as the "Fighter Coins" then you could be penalized or get a game loss.

fighter coins, lol never heard of it xD

I only use dice vs an opponent who is not familiar with the game or couldnt understand me haha

notetaking isnt allowed, but u can do it in practice if you need to familarize yourself with the deck or how to counter a certain matchup by looking back to it.

eitherways, i won a tourney today with my Dual GP (kinda rogue if you may ask....)

Next Set "Demonic Lord Invasion" is set for International Release on August 11, 2012. Stuff for Dark Irregulars and Pale Moon will get a boost as well as stuff for existing Clans as well. The Sealed Booster Boxes of this set is said to include customizable Deck Boxes of Tsukiyomi of the Full Moon.

Back