Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Yeah Gold Paladins are amazing, I tweaked mine up to where I run 8 Critical Triggers since the Stand Triggers don't really help as much as they would in a Clan like Spike Brothers or Nova Grapplers.

I was going to post my decklist for it on Pojo but their server is down again which is a pain. I blame the Yu-Gi-Oh! players on their forums for traffic interference. Sucks that Vanguard doesn't have a message board dedicated to the game itself.

Card Slinger J said:
Yeah Gold Paladins are amazing, I tweaked mine up to where I run 8 Critical Triggers since the Stand Triggers don't really help as much as they would in a Clan like Spike Brothers or Nova Grapplers.

I was going to post my decklist for it on Pojo but their server is down again which is a pain. I blame the Yu-Gi-Oh! players on their forums for traffic interference. Sucks that Vanguard doesn't have a message board dedicated to the game itself.

you could probably post it on the games and entertainment section, i would really like to see it.

DarknessGrace said:
you could probably post it on the games and entertainment section, i would really like to see it.

Oh you want to see my decklist for Gold Paladins? Sure...

Starting Vanguard (1)

1 Crimson Lion Cub, Kyrph

Other Grade 0's (16)

4 Flame of Victory (Critical Trigger)
4 Silent Punisher (Critical Trigger)
4 Elixir Sommelier (Heal Trigger)
4 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw Trigger)

Grade 1 (15)

4 Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4 Charjgal
2 Silver Fang Witch
2 Precipice Whirlwind, Sagramore
1 Evil Slaying Swordsman, Haugan
1 Blessing Owl
1 Halo Shield, Mark

Grade 2 (11)

4 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
4 Mage of Calamity, Tripp
3 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane

Grade 3 (7)

3 Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
2 Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
2 Sleygal Double Edge

Deck Total (50)

Deck needs more Halo Shield, Mark and Silver Fang Witch both of which are a pain to get ahold of, and Mark is going for $18 a piece on eBay. You want to Surperior Ride into Ezel by getting out Gareth and Beaumains out although there are ways to countering that with Units that retire Grade 0's especially Blaster Blade in Royal Paladins and Tejaras in Kagero which can attack Rear Guard Units.

honestly, you should have prioritized mark over ezel.. You can live without ezel but perfect guards are a different story.. You also need slaygal daggers..

What's wrong with running both Mark and Ezel in the deck? My Gold Paladins isn't perfect but it's a work in progress to say the least. For some odd reason it seems harder to get competitive card singles for this TCG compared to others I've played where they're not as expensive.

Stuff for the popular clans haven't really gone down in price at all and might change in future sets, I just don't want to see this TCG to get as expensive as Yu-Gi-Oh! and I'm already seeing Double Rares and Triple Rares being a bit expensive to get Singles for Online when your last resort is buying boxes and packs.

I mean, if you're going to build the deck slowly, perfect guards are the first rare cards you should be getting. Garmore can hold the fort and be competitive but perfect guards are a different story especially with stuff now hitting 20+k

Also because CFV isn't that big yet in the US as compared to asian countries and it's relatively new.

Anyway, here's how my Gold Paladins look like now

Grade 0 (17)

4 Flame of Victory (Critical Trigger)
4 Silent Punisher (Critical Trigger)
4 Elixir Sommelier (Heal Trigger)
4 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw Trigger)
1 Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph (Starter)

Grade 1 (15)

4 Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4 Halo Shield, Mark
2 Charjgal
2 Slaygal Dagger
2 Little Fighter, Tron

Grade 2 (11)

4 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
3 Mage of Calamity, Tripp
2 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane
2 Charging Chariot Knight

Grade 3 (8)

3 Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
3 Battlefield Storm, Sagramore
2 Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel

I'm not exactly an expert on Gold Paladins, but this is kind of a general thing so I'll ask anyway. Is there a specific reason why you don't run any stand triggers? Or do you just prefer Criticals in general?

Meaty said:
I'm not exactly an expert on Gold Paladins, but this is kind of a general thing so I'll ask anyway. Is there a specific reason why you don't run any stand triggers? Or do you just prefer Criticals in general?

I am not a expert either but i think because in certain decks stand triggers are just terrible and you would rather have a critical than a stand. In a deck like royal paladins you only run stand triggers to get blaster blade out.

It's because the Stand Triggers are usually triggered during your Opponent's turn more often than being able to get them through a drive check on your own turn and the Units in Gold Paladins don't specialize as much on Aggro like Kagero, Spike Brothers, and Nova Grapplers do. DarknessGrace has a point though, more often you will want Critical Triggers more than Stand Triggers just cause it helps your odds at winning the game more.

Crits are Mid-game cards.

Stands are late game cards.

Crits basically make you attack less times to get to 6 damage whereas Stands will try to deplete your opponent's resources faster. In Gold Paladins, you can actually get away with stands considering during mid-late game, GPs hit pretty hard and they'd have to spend a ton of hand cards guarding (15k minimum on rear guard, null guards on vanguard). Let's say he blocked all your attacks, that would have cost him 6-7 cards from his hand. A stand trigger would have made him guard with another card or two, totally depleting his hand. WHich is why I'm experimenting 8 crit, 4 stand, 4 heal. If you guard smart, hand cards shouldn't be a big problem anyway.

Hey there Riskbreakers, I played in a small CFV Tournament testing out the Stands over the Draws in Gold Paladins and it didn't work out that well for me. Rounds were Best 2 out of 3 which makes sense for the TCG itself considering how fast games go.

1st Round was against Spike Brothers, and in one game I won via Superior Riding Ezel but I lost the Round. I get a bye in the 2nd Round, I play against Narukami in the 3rd and Vermillion screws me over big while in one game I couldn't draw a Grade 2 to play my
Grade 3's.

4th Round I play against Kagero and do somewhat okay but knowing that it's a Tier 1 deck I get owned pretty easily. Kagero is one of the only decks that can retire loads of units and Superior Ride with 2 seperate Grade 3 Units. One being Aleph and the other a Dragon which I forgot it's name.

Just watched the first and second episodes and played the tutorial still have no idea what abilities are..

Abilities are special skills each card has

[ACT] means you have to activate them with conditions during the main phase

[AUTO] These activate when the conditions are met. no matter what part of the turn it is

[CONT]continuous, passive abilities

I plan on watching this anime right after finishing Full Metal Alchemist!
Is it as childish as the other TCG shows like Yu Gi Oh? Or is it aimed at a slightly older audience?

Back