Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

NidoJosh said:
I plan on watching this anime right after finishing Full Metal Alchemist!
Is it as childish as the other TCG shows like Yu Gi Oh? Or is it aimed at a slightly older audience?

I belive it's aimed at a more older audience, mostly because of some of the darker stuff in the show. (plus I don't think they would put Misaki in a kid's show :p)

Well, Tea and Mai were also on yugioh which is a kid's show. No big difference IMO..

CSJ.. You don't really have to get owned by kageros.. Just play conservatively and you'll give him a hard time as well.

I've been having problems lately with my Grade 2 consistency and now I should have that fixed with 4 Viviane in my Gold Paladin deck alongside 3 Tripp's and 4 Beaumains. With all the fixes this is how my deck is looking like so far:

Grade 0 (17)

4 Flame of Victory (Critical Trigger)
4 Silent Punisher (Critical Trigger)
4 Elixir Sommelier (Heal Trigger)
4 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw Trigger)
1 Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph (Starter)

Grade 1 (14)

4 Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
3 Sleygal Dagger
3 Halo Shield, Mark
2 Charjgal
2 Little Battler, Tron

Grade 2 (11)

4 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
4 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane
3 Mage of Calamity, Tripp

Grade 3 (8)

3 Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
3 Battlefield Storm, Sagramore
2 Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel

Deck Total (50)

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, btw I played a match against Nova Grapplers and won 2 out of 3 games. I lucked out getting both Blond Ezel's out twice in both games, of course my most unfavorable matchup is against Kagero being the deck that seems to give me the most trouble.

What other clan besides Kagero is good at retiring units efficiently? My first thought was Royal Paladins due to Blaster Blade being able to retire units per Counterblast. Shadow Paladins looks really good but we aren't getting them yet, I heard next set there should be more stuff for Bermuda Triangle and Spike Brothers, not sure what else.

Narukami has decent board wiping capabilities as well. July has Eb03 which has stuff for Spike, GP, mega olony. August has BT03 which has stuff for Rp and ott.. Pale moon and dark irregularsalso get introduced

It still amazes me how Royal Paladins and Oracle Think Tank are becoming the most expensive decks in the game right now while a really expensive Kagero deck is Tier 1 compared to a budget Kagero deck that can do as good just not AS good in tournaments.

Card Slinger J said:
It still amazes me how Royal Paladins and Oracle Think Tank are becoming the most expensive decks in the game right now while a really expensive Kagero deck is Tier 1 compared to a budget Kagero deck that can do as good just not AS good in tournaments.

I still think that Spike Brothers is the most underrated deck, it's still very cheap despite being able to take out all the other decks with relative ease. EB03 will make the deck even stronger, but sadly, that might make it more popular and more expensive as well. :/

Card Slinger J said:

lol I'm glad I am almost done with my OTT.

Turns out that Tokyo, Japan had a big CFV Tournament recently and Gold Paladins came in 2nd place however the interesting part was that Kagero didn't topcut into the Finals. I heard this news over on the Pojo Forums If you want to check it out there...

Not surprising because Japan and Singapore have more Clans than we do, they already have most of the stuff for Shadow Paladins, Dark Irregulars, Great Nature, Bermuda Triangle, Pale Moon, and Tachikaze.

i hope to make gold paladins and/or spike brothers i feel that spike brothers has a lot of potential, and we already know that its an aggressive deck, So it seems like a rather safe decision to make. Plus even if i dont play spike bros and they get really big as a meta deck i can just trade or sell them away.

I'm looking to make Spike Brothers as soon as EB03 hits here in two days. I'm also considering Megacolony when we get the bulk of it. In December....

Oh, and also:

GHJamesGH said:
Spike Brothers are garbage!

GHJamesGH said:
I agree with you Meaty! The deck is extremely agressive!

EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

Yeah the Clans that are getting support in Calvary of Black Steel (U.S. Expansion after Breaker of Limits) this weekend are Dark Irregulars, Megacolony, Gold Paladins, Royal Paladins, Kagero, and Spike Brothers.

Card Slinger J said:
Yeah the Clans that are getting support in Calvary of Black Steel (U.S. Expansion after Breaker of Limits) this weekend are Dark Irregulars, Megacolony, Gold Paladins, Royal Paladins, Kagero, and Spike Brothers.

I don't recall any Dark Irregulars in the set, but there are a few Shadow Paladins, and some Oracle Think Tank cards included in the bunch of card included in the US set that were originally promos in Japan. The Megacolony and Shadow Paladin cards are also rather useless to us until they're playable with set 4's US release in December... :/

Well Ren Suzugamori was on the cover of the new set and it displayed something for Dark Irregulars so I'm inclined to believe that Dark Irregulars is in our 4th Expansion after Breaker of Limits. It was on the Official CFV Website. Calvary of Black Steel is to be released Internationally on July 7th, 2012.

Pardon, I do hate to interrupt the flow of this thread, and I'm almost sure this was mentioned already, but...
A week ago, I watched a recorded baseball game with my dad, since he missed that game. I saw an advertisement for this game on the baseball game.
I was quite amazed, actually; I don't think I've ever seen a card game advertised at any sports event before. It got me a bit interested, so I did a bit of research. I didn't understand the game, so I just looked at the pretty art. :3

Back