Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

That dub was actually done in Canada by Ocean/Pioneer from what I've heard, the same company that did the English Dub for Dragonball Z before FUNimation took over. Sure the Dub isn't perfect but it's not as terrible as what 4Kids have done at least from their other Anime like One Piece. Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! were successful dubs by 4Kids in the past so I don't see this Dub of Cardfight!! Vanguard being THAT bad.

Well I sure hope that FUNimation takes over this. I'm sorry, but I can hardly stand that dub at all.

DarknessGrace said:
Has anyone thought about playing Angel Feathers, I really hope to build them in the future.

Angel Feathers just don't seem very good right now. They don't have a big trump card that is consistent.

GHJamesGH said:
Angel Feathers just don't seem very good right now. They don't have a big trump card that is consistent.

What about Kiriel? I think that card is pretty good. I think that will be the trump card for angel feathers.

So, I picked up the Royal Paladin starter deck today. I pretty much understand the basic rules and conditions of the game, but I'm still a bit new to how to play well and what strategies there are to use. Once we pick up some more cards, my friend and I can play around a bit and see if the game deserves the hype it's getting. And of what I've seen of the anime, it looks really similar to the early Yu-Gi-Oh anime. You would think that would be the #1 thing the creators would want to avoid...

Well hey, at least the anime is more realistic. Aichi isn't like "Super Yugi" where Yugi couldn't lose a single game.

Misaki is still my favorite in that anime lol.

Vanguard is a good game, you will enjoy it. I know I have.

I recently finished the first season of the anime, and I found that it was similar to Yu-Gi-Oh, but superior in many ways. I sure enjoyed it much more than I ever did Yu-Gi-Oh.

i honestly dont think vanguard will turn into the new yuioh because in yugioh the cards are either really good and cost like million dollars(exaggeration) or they are really bad and cost like 5 cents. There are really overpowered cards and ones that arent. In this game everything seems that it will be balanced because like the good clans get the null shield, trump card and ways to set up. I do think the anime looks like yugioh i just dont think this game itself will be like yugioh in many ways.

Alot of my playerbase pretty much plays World of Warcraft TCG, Magic: The Gathering, and Pokemon where very few play Vanguard. I love playing Cardfight!! Vanguard but it seems like every game I play turns out the same way, it always comes down to whoever gets their Heal Trigger to win the game when both players have exactly 5 cards in their Damage Zone or whoever gets a Superior Ride out first when part of the reason is either to Counterblast for effects or trigger Limit Break. Spike Brothers is a pain to beat cause it solely relies on Stand Triggers to win games however Kagero has the best chance of beating it out of all the available clans right now.

What the CFV Meta is looking like right now:

Tier 1:

Spike Brothers
Kagero
Oracle Think Tank
Nova Grapplers

Tier 2:

Royal Paladins
Gold Paladins
Granblue
Narukami

Tier 3 or lower:

Bermuda Triangle
Angel Feathers
Great Nature

NOOOOOOO That tier list is wrong! Royal Paladins are so good! Spike Brothers are garbage! If you switch Spike Brothers with Royal Paladins, then that tier list is correct.

I dunno, I've seen Spike Brothers in action and it's a solid deck If you manage to get 8 attacks or more mid to late game with 11+ Stand Triggers. Royal Paladins I haven't seen played that much in my area but I know it's got alot of potential as much as it does in the Anime series. The below video gives a detail of how Spike Brothers works well especially when you Superior Call (Superior Ride) with it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBsBYLC9zMk

GHJamesGH said:
NOOOOOOO That tier list is wrong! Royal Paladins are so good! Spike Brothers are garbage! If you switch Spike Brothers with Royal Paladins, then that tier list is correct.

Spikes are powerful. Wait until the July set comes out, and they're even deadlier.

I couldn't even stand 5 and a half minutes of that horrible, awfull, pain inducing dub. I just can't stand the voices and the dialog, when I heard someone say "Shychi Aichi" I just quit. Honestly, what were they thinking?! I felt like slamming the glass sliding door into my head repetedly just to forgot how bad the dub is! (not really, that would be a horrible thing to do) On the good side, I think season one of the sub was wonderfull, now only if I could find season two subbed...

Brave Vesperia said:
I couldn't even stand 5 and a half minutes of that horrible, awfull, pain inducing dub. I just can't stand the voices and the dialog, when I heard someone say "Shychi Aichi" I just quit. Honestly, what were they thinking?! I felt like slamming the glass sliding door into my head repetedly just to forgot how bad the dub is! (not really, that would be a horrible thing to do) On the good side, I think season one of the sub was wonderfull, now only if I could find season two subbed...

Just stick with the Japanese Sub for the Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime, it's MUCH better! Best place to find them is on YouTube by GundamFinal, Google search it If you have to.

Back