Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Your best bet would probably be to double sleeve them using standard size Yu-Gi-Oh! sleeves like how Dominoparis21 does with his Vanguard decks on YouTube.

blaZofgold said:
This question might sound stupid, but can you use standard sized sleeves for Vanguard cards? I know Vanguard cards are mini-sized, but still, would they work?

Essentially I have a set of custom standard sleeves that I want to use, but neither Pokemon nor Yugioh allow for non-brandname sleeves for competitions.

i'm pretty sure, bushiroad does not allow custom sleeves in bushiroad sanctioned events, but most locals will allow it. So, you can double sleeve your cards for locals and playing for fun and just use regular opaque mini sleeves for regionals and bushiroad sanctioned events

So unless If I'm mistaken Toshiki Kai is replacing Aichi Sendou as the main protagonist in Season 4 of the Vanguard Anime and he might be running Royal Paladin instead of Kagero or Narukami. There's also rumors going around that much like how Royal Paladin, Shadow Paladin, and Kagero were sealed by Void in Season 2, this time it's Gold Paladin, Shadow Paladin, and Link Joker that gets sealed by Void which explains why those Clans were cut from BT16 unless Gold Paladin and Shadow Paladin are getting support in BT17.

I wonder whose going to be running Gold Paladin in Season 4 of the Anime series since Aichi is back to running Royal Paladin and Takuto died in Season 3. So far the only Clans featured in BT16 are Royal Paladin, Narukami, Nova Grappler, Dimension Police, Spike Brothers, and Neo Nectar. Gold Paladin doesn't get any good support in the English Format until BT15 when it ends up getting Monarch Alfred and Guinevere which makes Igraine unplayable. Liberator Garmore is just terrible in comparison to Monarch Alfred who gets around Glendios builds much easier.

Kai will be the new protagonist, Aichi's gonna die be in a coma or something. He's running Royal Paladin, Naoki's running Narukami. Link Joker sealed by Void? No, Link Joker is Void. It's literally the embodiment of it. I'd like to see if they mess with Golds like they did with Royals/Shadows/Kagero in Season 2, but Shadow Paladin have been through enough. Someone will run Gold Paladin (Unless it's sealed).

Still kinda sad Misaki isn't the Protagonist and Genesis and OTT are not getting anything ;w;

Considering that Kai has ran Royal Paladin in the Anime series before the events of Season 1 it'd make sense for him to run it instead of Aichi since he was the one who gave him the Blaster Blade card from that Clan. Since his best friend Miwa runs Kagero, Kai needs a Clan to run and as you said Naoki is running Narukami in Season 4.

I just finished watching the final episode of Season 3 and the ending doesn't explain how Aichi dies in the Anime series. Aichi defeats Kai while Kourin, Suiko, and Rekka lose their memories, and before the end credits Kai steps inside Card Capital. It didn't foreshadow anything that was about to happen in Season 4 which I thought was really strange although I did see an official poster for the new season with Kai wearing Marty McFly's vest and Aichi as Captain Harlock.

Nothing against Kai but I would've wanted the main protagonist of Season 4 to be Daigo given that he does run Royal Paladin and he hasn't been seen since he last fought Kourin in Season 3, instead of sticking with the old cast perhaps Bushiroad should've went with a new cast of characters for Season 4 like with Yu-Gi-Oh! and Digimon. I'd love to see cameos of the Season 1 Yu-Gi-Oh! cast to appear in Season 4 of Cardfight!! Vanguard.

I've seen that poster too. The antagonists for Season 4 are a group called the "Quarte Knights" or something like that, consisting of Sera, Neve, Rati and Gaillard. Aichi doesn't die, he's erased from everyone's memory and disappears, the only people remembering him being Kai and the Quarte Knights.

The New story involving all around the world, a few days later from mortal combat with the link joker. The world peace itself, gentle daily life was back. But Kai Toshiki faces a surprising situation. Suddenly, Aichi Sendo is a hero who saved the world from the invasion of link Joker, but has vanished from this world. Moreover even memories of Aichi was lost, the deck of Royal Paladin is the only proof of ties with Aichi left only the "Blaster Blade". A group of fighters calling themself "Katorunaitsu" appears. The four - Gaillard, Neve, Rati, Sera - any fighter who boasts the power of world-class in Vanguard Fight.
That's a rough translation of the basic plot for Season 4. Daigo would never be the protagonist. He's a member of the band BREAKERZ, who advertises Vanguard products and starred in the live-action film. Proof.

What does the new Legion mechanic in BT16 do exactly? One thing that really annoys me about how Bushiroad is handling Vanguard these days is instead of reprinting old cards from previous sets while keeping their rarities they keep making new versions of old cards instead with "better game mechanics" when it isn't necessary and don't give me the money excuse I don't buy it.

What was wrong with the original Blaster Blade from Royal Paladin? Why did Bushiroad feel the need to make a Gold Paladin version for Liberators and then refuse to reprint the old Blaster Blade from Royal Paladin in BT16? If Bushiroad felt the need to bring back Royal Paladin instead of going with Seekers they should've been exact reprints from BT01. Grade 3 Wingal? Really?

They also could've brought back the original Blaster Dark and Majesty Lord Blaster instead of making new versions of old cards that are still just as good. Heck, the original Dragonic Overlord has been relevant in Kagero since BT02 due to DOtE until Conroe got banned as Starting Vanguard in Japan and Singapore. Perfect Guards also keep getting new versions of themselves with different names instead of the same name which also doesn't make sense.

I'll explain Legion when I'm home, but for your question of not reprinting cards, it's so some cards actually hold their value, as well as preventing the game from going stale. One of the worst points in Yu-Gi-Oh! in my opinion is that good cards are continuously reprinted at lower rarites, thus inflating the value of higher rarity versions. In fact, that answers most of your points. Dragonic Overlord is only relevant in crossride decks, and has been reprinted in EB09. The RRR Version still holds the most value. Conroe didn't suddenly make Overlord irrelevant, and is only banned in Japanese decks as First Vanguard. Seeker, Sacred Wingal is an amazing card compared to the original.

Here's what the new Legion mechanic does in BT16 -

Legion works as a way to have two vanguards in one. It is activated during the main phase in the turn you ride the unit with Legion, you may return four cards (normal unit or trigger unit) from your drop zone to your deck, then taking the "Mate" card (its name appears marked in red) from the deck, placing it on the same vanguard circle as its Legion, and combining the two cards into a single card, creating "Legion Mate". Afterward, for the rest of the game, the two cards attack together at the same time (called "Legion Attack"), combining their power totals.

"Legion Mate" is still considered a single vanguard, and you still can...

Boost it by unit in the back row.
Ride a unit on top of it. In that case, Legion Mate becomes soul.

I don't see how Legion is broken considering that once you ride a new unit to your Vanguard Circle you can no longer perform a "Legion attack" since the unit you paired up with your Vanguard in order to activate Legion would be in your soul. This mechanic is alot like Soulbond from Magic: The Gathering which was mainly good with anything paired up with Deadeye Navigator being the best creature with that mechanic because it enabled you to abuse ETB triggers like crazy.

Well, it's not as broken as we first thought, because it's once per game, but still, you have an easy 33k Attack with a 10k Booster every turn. Considering that Wingal Seeker is a TD Card, I feel like BT16 gonna have some really good stuff for Legion.

What's your opinion on these cards getting the banhammer in Vanguard's English Format down the road:

* Transcendance Dragon, Dragonic Nouvelle Vague (Kagero) - I know Lizard Soldier, Conroe got banned as Starting Vanguard because of it in Japan however Red Pulse Dracokid is just as good of a replacement (If not better) to fetch for your Grade 3's like DOTE, Dauntless Drive, or even Nouvelle Vague mid to late game. I'm not sure how relevant Kagero will be in the upcoming Legion meta so I guess we'll wait and see...

* Star-vader, Infinite Zero Dragon (Link Joker) - Ah yes the Breakride for Link Joker which If you ride Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Dragon (another banworthy card) on top of it you potentially get to lock 3 of your opponent's Rear Guards and then retire them simultaneously for the "Tri-Lock" to draw 3 cards. While Glendios has a favorable matchup against Legion, Chaos Breaker Dragon will always be a pain to deal with although it definitely brings back repressed memories of Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End in Yu-Gi-Oh! Pre-Forbidden/Limited list from 2003-2004.

* Cat Butler (Nova Grappler) - This is what makes Legion in Nova Grapplers broken cause it enables you to get off multiple Legion attacks in one turn considering how the clan adds pressure with Stands like Aqua Force does plus with added Crits to go along with the Butler, come BT16 this clan will be a force to be reckoned with and not in a good way either especially when we get Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare which is basically Daikaiser for Nova Grapplers.

Boy, did this thread die. Again. Let's see... What are some of your thoughts on the upcoming movies and the promotional pack for Neon Messiah?

Back