Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

I think in order for Cardfight!! Vanguard to boom worldwide it's going to take more than an English Dub TV Broadcast in North America, it's also going to require Bushiroad to acknowledge the fact that they need to release an Official Online TCG for Cardfight!! Vanguard to help the franchise gain popularity digitally as much of it's success thrived in the Paper TCG/CCG and the Anime/Manga series itself. Bushiroad shutting down Online versions of Vanguard such as Cardfight Capital that are unofficial only hurts their business model in the longrun because you cut off access to players who want to get into the franchise and boost sales for the paper version of Cardfight!! Vanguard where as the digital version is mainly used to help promote and expand the product.

Magic: The Gathering has Magic Online, Pokemon TCG has PTCGO, and even Yu-Gi-Oh! has it's own Online version to help players playtest decks digitally for the physical TCG/CCG that they've spent their hard earned money on. So why can't Bushiroad allow that to happen for Cardfight!! Vanguard? I think it's probably because Cardfight!! Vanguard isn't as established of a TCG/CCG as it's competition right now, If Vanguard lasts for 5 or more years I could start to see it adapt more to digital but at the moment Bushiroad refuses to budge on the issue. It's even been talked about on Pojo so the thought of a digital version of Cardfight!! Vanguard is nothing new. The sooner Bushiroad adapts to digital with Vanguard as it's physical counterpart the better.

I agree. I use virtual table tops for MtG, and have wanted to play CFV on line.

I just hope they use pokemons model or yugiohs.....I hate MtGO, as you have to pay the same amount for digital cards as you would for the physicals. Pokemon has the best model for actually selling packs- And as someone who doesn't play the Pokemon TCG- I bought a stater deck and some packs after they put the code cards in them.

I would just be happy if they released the 3DS game- I have played yugioh with other people since the game came out- but only in video game format, buts it always been enough for me. Or if Bushiroad really wants to keep up with the times- release a Tablet game.

I have the MtG game (Duels of the planeswalkers) on my kindle and play it all the time- I even bought it twice so I could have it on my xbox.

I dont know if Bushiroad listens to there customers....but they need to. FB games and games like Hearthstone, being free to play and extremely accessible are going to start causing problems for TCGs if they dont find a way to keep up.

Card Slinger J said:
I think in order for Cardfight!! Vanguard to boom worldwide it's going to take more than an English Dub TV Broadcast in North America, it's also going to require Bushiroad to acknowledge the fact that they need to release an Official Online TCG for Cardfight!! Vanguard to help the franchise gain popularity digitally as much of it's success thrived in the Paper TCG/CCG and the Anime/Manga series itself.

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Cardfight!!_Vanguard:_Ride_to_Victory There's your online. And yes, it is under consideration for English release.

TeamRocket Grunt said:
I dont know if Bushiroad listens to there customers....but they need to. FB games and games like Hearthstone, being free to play and extremely accessible are going to start causing problems for TCGs if they dont find a way to keep up.

Sadly Bushiroad doesn't listen to their customers as much in North America compared to Japan, Singapore, and other continents. The big problem with Hearthstone is that it's a digital exclusive TCG so it's not like traditional TCG/CCG's where they have both physical and digital counterparts to them. Digital variants of traditional TCG/CCG's should mainly be used for playtesting purposes only to help boost sales for it's paper equivalent. Unfortunately some people see it the other way around when they use the money excuse saying whoever spends the most on their deck usually wins.

Meaty said:
Card Slinger J said:
I think in order for Cardfight!! Vanguard to boom worldwide it's going to take more than an English Dub TV Broadcast in North America, it's also going to require Bushiroad to acknowledge the fact that they need to release an Official Online TCG for Cardfight!! Vanguard to help the franchise gain popularity digitally as much of it's success thrived in the Paper TCG/CCG and the Anime/Manga series itself.

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Cardfight!!_Vanguard:_Ride_to_Victory There's your online. And yes, it is under consideration for English release.

That's not online, it's exactly like what Konami does with their Yu-Gi-Oh! video games for the Gameboy Advance and the Nintendo DS handhelds. I don't understand why Bushiroad is still hesitant about releasing Cardfight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory in North America when it would greatly help the franchise in the long run. Heck the Japanese version of the game came with actual TCG Promos of Blaster Blade, Blaster Dark, and Dragonic Overlord with alternate artwork. So I don't know what's holding them back on this, sure Bushiroad is competing against Konami in North America in terms of TCG/CCG's when were already at a point where Yu-Gi-Oh! in North America is "too big to fail".

Card Slinger J said:
That's not online, it's exactly like what Konami does with their Yu-Gi-Oh! video games for the Gameboy Advance and the Nintendo DS handhelds.
From what I've seen, it has got online capabilities, and better ones than Konami at that. Heck, the game even has online rankings based off of Deck Performance.

Online capabilities as in Nintendo Wi-Fi with Friend Codes or did they do away with it for the 3DS especially for Pokemon X and Y?

Card Slinger J said:
Online capabilities as in Nintendo Wi-Fi with Friend Codes or did they do away with it for the 3DS especially for Pokemon X and Y?

I'm pretty sure it's Nintendo Wi-Fi, I'm not sure about friend codes.

So this is probably off-topic however some of my friends have recently tried out Weiss Schwarz lately, for the most part I think the TCG is pretty solid but what turns me off from it is the source material. Most of the modern anime sets don't really interest me that much compared to classic anime that I grew up with in the last 2 decades. I heard that Bushiroad tried classic anime sets in Weiss Schwarz before but it didn't work that well.

I play Weiss, having a SAO deck + another budget (no level 3) one. The game's fun, you should try it. In my opinion, it has some great game mechanics an seems like an even playing field. A tad on the Expensive side, though.

Anyway CBD is broken hjufrvxyunbgfcv

I like Weiss Schwarz to some extent, but despite what people may say, I think it's more luck-based than vanguard.

I don't know about you guys but I can't see myself enjoying Weiss Schwarz more than Cardfight!! Vanguard but If it gets to the point where everyone quits Vanguard for Weiss Schwarz then I'd rather stick with Kaijudo instead. Sure the TCG right now is expensive but I still have fun playing it as much as I do Vanguard, I already know that there's many TCG players in my area who are stuck on Yu-Gi-Oh! like crack cocaine that have difficulty getting themselves into Cardfight!! Vanguard and other TCG's. It seems like 2013's been a bad year for table top gaming as a whole or maybe it's just me.

There's a good chance that the Pokemon TCG will get better when X and Y Base Set is released outside Japan but that won't be until February 2014 since Japan is getting Collection X and Collection Y in December later this year. I don't really care that much for the next set after Plasma Blast being Legendary Treasures since it really has nothing to offer in the current Modified format other than reprints and more Big Basic EX's that we don't need anymore. Mega Evolutions I'm hoping will break away from the whole "needs to be a Basic with 170+ HP to keep up with Modified format" formula that the Pokemon TCG's been suffering for quite some time now.

I too hope that X&Y changes things up. I really want to get into pokemon, but its just not giving me that itch to play. And when I have other games I could play like MtG and CFV, its hard to justify ever buying packs/tin/singles. With PTCGO, I really want to play more, and even started to buy more cards, but there is just not that level of skill that I want in the game to continue buying cards. (Not that pokemon doesn't have skill, its the most underrated TCG of all time)

I dont remember what set it was, but alot of the pokemon had moves that used two energy types.....and every time I played it felt skill based. It felt just as fun to me as MtG. (Anyone know what I am talking about?)

Bottom line: I would love to invest im pokemon cards....but I just need a little something more from the game. And with PTCGO and my FLGS having more pokemon players then even yugioh....I just wish I could enjoy the game more.

So I heard that the Top Vanguard Decks in Japan are Dark Irregulars with Amon, Pale Moon, and Gold Paladin at Tier 1.5 or Tier 2. I take it Liberator, Gancelot Zenith in BT14 is going to replace Solitary Liberator, Gancelot come English format which won't be until mid to late 2014? I noticed Ezel is getting a Liberator unit as well. I still hate how Genesis replaced OTT much like how Gold Paladin replaced Royal Paladin as popular decks.

If there's one thing that annoys me about Vanguard it's that the newer cards for popular clans always end up making the older cards for them obsolete with the exception of Trigger units. Even in the Anime series it showcases it where eventually Aichi will probably get a new Blaster Blade unit that ends up replacing Blaster Blade, Liberator in his Gold Paladin deck unless he changes clans again. One of my friends also told me that there's going to be more support for Soul Saver Dragon in Royal Paladin to make up for banning Barcgal as Starting Vanguard.

Card Slinger J said:
So I heard that the Top Vanguard Decks in Japan are Dark Irregulars with Amon, Pale Moon, and Gold Paladin at Tier 1.5 or Tier 2.

Nooooooooooooooooooooope.
The top decks in Japan are Chaos Breaker, Eradicators and Revengers, with Silver Thorn following up.

If there's one thing that annoys me about Vanguard it's that the newer cards for popular clans always end up making the older cards for them obsolete with the exception of Trigger units. Even in the Anime series it showcases it where eventually Aichi will probably get a new Blaster Blade unit that ends up replacing Blaster Blade, Liberator in his Gold Paladin deck unless he changes clans again.

Um, you do realize they have to keep the Game and the Anime fresh, right? If the Characters use the same units over and over again, then it just becomes repetitive and boring.

One of my friends also told me that there's going to be more support for Soul Saver Dragon in Royal Paladin to make up for banning Barcgal as Starting Vanguard.

Again, nope. Pretty much all we'll be seeing in BT14 is going to be Jewel Knights. The only cards we know of are the Genesis CBR and Gancelot Zenith.

I know I am not a fan of power creep. I understand the need to keep people having to buy product- but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel like a lot of cards are just becoming useless, and they can do better. Make new cards that are more interesting, or for different builds (Like they have done) and not just keep making cards more and more powerful, to the point where your old cards are junk.

Just my opinion with how this game is going- I could be wrong.

I know MtG has done it for years- there is very little or next to no power creep. In fact- alot of the older cards are more powerful then they should be. Every set that comes out is very different without being "better". (then again, MtG has many formats/variants/etc)

I am not going to complain too much- CFV is relatively cheep and fun to keep up with.

Fraxureking said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooope.
The top decks in Japan are Chaos Breaker, Eradicators and Revengers, with Silver Thorn following up.

That's interesting, turns out one of my friends who went to Japan discussing the Japanese Vanguard meta at my LGS misinformed me but I don't think it was his fault though. Thanks for the heads up.

Fraxureking said:
Um, you do realize they have to keep the Game and the Anime fresh, right? If the Characters use the same units over and over again, then it just becomes repetitive and boring.

I guess, but didn't the characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series use the same cards while adding in a few new one's to spice up the show a bit? Yugi Moto still used Spellcasters with Dark Magician and Seto Kaiba still used Dragons with Blue-Eyes White Dragon or some variant of those decks until the end of the first Yu-Gi-Oh! series If I recall.

TeamRocket Grunt said:
I know I am not a fan of power creep. I understand the need to keep people having to buy product- but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel like a lot of cards are just becoming useless, and they can do better. Make new cards that are more interesting, or for different builds (Like they have done) and not just keep making cards more and more powerful, to the point where your old cards are junk.

Just my opinion with how this game is going- I could be wrong.

I know MtG has done it for years- there is very little or next to no power creep. In fact- alot of the older cards are more powerful then they should be. Every set that comes out is very different without being "better". (then again, MtG has many formats/variants/etc)

I am not going to complain too much- CFV is relatively cheep and fun to keep up with.

I get what you're saying and I'm seeing the opposite with Kaijudo since the old cards still have as much value and playability as the new cards where in Vanguard the new cards that are released ends up replacing the old cards in terms of value and playability. At the moment Kaijudo is more expensive than Vanguard cause alot of the Super Rare's (highest card rarity in Kaijudo) are going for around $40-50 a piece where as Triple Rare's in Vanguard usually go for $20-30 a piece except SP's which go for as much as Andromeda of the Citadel, King Tritonus, and Emperor Neuron in Kaijudo. Good Double Rare's in Vanguard which are mostly Perfect Guards or Sentinels usually go for about $10-15+ a piece maybe $20 depending on the demand and popularity of the Clan those cards are in.

Back