Celebi Prime/Tornadus/Mewtwo-EX Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: "Leaf Tornado" Celebi Prime/Tornadus/Mewtwo EX

Smeargle is a really nice tech because of Skyarrow Bridge. You don't need more than one though

Ever think about Twins since Celebi is kinda frail a lot and EX's are your main attackers?
I know you have Bridge but it might be worth running a small amount of twins.

I prefer Cleffa to Smeargle because it can get me un-stuck even when my opponent is stuck.

However, I really like Smeargle as its own deck. If they get stuck with an Oak's/Juniper in their hand, I get to draw 18+ cards on my turn. It's a great mechanic for comeback decks.

I'm thinking Cleffa has to be a new addition to this deck. I hit dead draws way too much.

Stuart Hayden said:
Ever think about Twins since Celebi is kinda frail a lot and EX's are your main attackers?
I know you have Bridge but it might be worth running a small amount of twins.

You should never be behind on prizes with this.

Personally, I like 3 Mewtwo, 2 XTransceiver, 3 Judge and 1 Cleffa.
And I think Tornadus is more of a secondary attacker.

Tornadus = 1st Attacker. 2 Mewtwo cuz ud never use 3. XTranceiver = Bad, you need just 1 draw supporter, not a specific one, if random tranceiver is in this set it is better. Judge is counter productive, because you need to draw as many cards t1. Cleffa us't needed you have 12 draw supporters and 2 supporter searchers.

You don't use Judge t1 with my 8 other draw supporters and two supporter searches. I prefer Judge over N because lategame when I have a few prizes left and I want to draw for than 2 cards. ( when I have only N in my hand )

What about when you start with Judge in hand? "You don't use Judge t1" isn't a valid statement, because if it's the only draw supporter in hand your gonna use it. Sages>Judge, but I still like N>Sages>Judge

HenryP said:
What about when you start with Judge in hand? "You don't use Judge t1" isn't a valid statement, because if it's the only draw supporter in hand your gonna use it. Sages>Judge, but I still like N>Sages>Judge

Yes, but:
PONT>Juniper>Copycat>N>Sage's>Bianca>Judge>Cheren>Bill JK

Not really.... Most of the time your opponent will be using so many resources to catch up to you. The Japanese list that has been winning in Japan runs 4 PONT 4 Juniper 4 N

But if they're using a billion resources, you don't want to put them from a 1-2 card hand to a 5-6 card hand.

I'd rather run 2 Receiver, 4 Oak, 4 Juniper, 2 N. Even a Bianca or two might work better. The N works okay, but I don't like it very much.

My point is that copycat may not be the best choice, but N isn't worth it. It would be more worth it to Bianca, Sage, and Cheren as your draw cards (Still keep PONT and Juniper of course)

HenryP said:
The Japanese list that has been winning in Japan runs 4 PONT 4 Juniper 4 N
They've had this set for over 4 months, I think that they've tested it and figured out that N isn't that bad.....

N is good.

When it is 2-2 or lower in prizes, N + Shaymin EX is a game sealer most of the time, especially in decks that are hand reliant (instead of being board reliant, such as The Truth).

2 Random Receiver 3 PONT 3 N 4 Juniper.

With this deck can search be substituted for draw? (I prefer not to reveal my list, but it runs more search cards than draw cards)

What do you mean by "search"? The only search card i see there is Dual Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back