DPPt/HGSS Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile?

Who will be your starter? Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile

• Total voters
Chikorita all the way. I'm tired of hearing he sucks, I've done fine with him in my Crystal, and I like a challenge in terms of facing Falkner. And one of the reasons I hear Cyndaquil is so popular is because there are no other fire type options. Well, there's:

Vulpix/Ninetales, Growlithe/Arcanine, Ponyta/Rapidash, Magby/Magmar(Magmortar only after National Dex), Flareon, Slugma/Magcargo and Houndour/Houndoom.

That's 7 catchable options to use throughout the game right there, while there's only 5(6 if you count Vileplume and Bellosom individually) grass alternatives to Meganium. So why are people saying they pick Cyndaquil cuz there's no fire types when there' even less grass types!? And staying on topic, I could use a suggestion on a water type to use :D (barring Feraligatr of course, Gyarados, and any legendaries or non-Johto dex pokemon)

i am choosing cindaquil for the challenge my team will brobably have azumarill and gyrados as there are not that many water pokemon.

im goin with totodile cuz im from louisiana and we treat are water alligator crocodile crossbreeds with respect LOL

Yeah, I remember when I was probably like 5, 6 or 7 and I had a Lv.86 Meganium in my Gold version... Ah, the good ol' days of being a noob and just overleveling a starter. I think I actually beat Red with it though lol. Except I think I had a Ho-Oh on my team too....

I'm going to have to go with Totodile, on accounts that he, Croconaw, and Feraligatr are my favorite starter evolution group. Gotta stick with the favorites. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew of someone or some website where I can get a signature made?

Celadon Mart under Fan Creations under Community Fun in these very forums.

The Johto starters were the best as of yet IMO (both counting in appearance, usefulness and balance).

Chikorita is my obvious choice, although what I'll probably do is get Chikorita for my japanese HG and Cyndaquil for my english HG (or should I pick SS?).

^Get which ever one you think is better in English and the other in jap.

i will pick totodile on soul silver and if I get the other one I will pick chikorita on that one.

Cyndaquil. Belive it or not, I don't have any Totodile or Chikorita, yet I have a Cyndaquil army. Meh. Cyndaquil is epic.

I picked cyndaquil because i think its a strong pokemon and i like that pokemon

Cyndaquil of course when I get my soul silver! I always choose the fire starter! maybe i'll choose totodile or chickorita whenever I buy heart gold in the future.

I will probably just send all the starters to my Platinum, but going throughout the game, I'm going to pick Chikorita!

I like a challenge! :)

I always bash through games with fire starters, so I picked Cyndaquil and imo, it's cute too.

Back