Pokemon Do you think pokemon is for... little kids?

Do you think pokemon is for little kids?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The ultimate soul silver fan

I am all-mighty and powerful
I'm on a tie here.

Sinced my return I was telling my friends, and they think it's for little kids! I don't know if I should get it and keep it a secert (soulsilver to be exact) or to not play pokemon?

Pokemon is for all ages. Heck, I saw a really old man playing the TCG. If you like Pokemon, keep playing it. Don't stop playing it because some dumb kids that call theirselves "your friends" tell you it's for little kids.

dragonpokemonpwn said:
Pokemon is for all ages. Heck, I saw a really old man playing the TCG. If you like Pokemon, keep playing it. Don't stop playing it because some dumb kids that call theirselves "your friends" tell you it's for little kids.

Where did you see the old man?

(anyways they hate nintendo and is in the world of warcraft craze)

It's a fun pastime, much better than watching reality television, which is what most people who bash us pokemon-ers do for most of their free time(at least in America).

I'd say more adults/people over 12 play pokemon than smaller kids, just because we grew up with it.

Lol, yeh, all my friends say it's really bad (they swear but I shouldn't say that on here) and its for a babee. I don't care what they think - if Pokemon is pointless so is playing sport imo.
Don't worry about it - it's what you think is good :D

People only think Pokemon is for little kids just because of the show. If you watch it, yes. It is really kiddy (no offense to anyone who watches the show). But when you get into things like competitive TCG and competitive VGC, then you'll notice that both of those parts are dominated by the older teenagers and adults. So does the most popular part of the Pokemon series that is dominated by teens/adults mean that Pokemon is for little kids? No.

Parasect 0_o said:
Lol, yeh, all my friends say it's really bad (they swear but I shouldn't say that on here) and its for a babee. I don't care what they think - if Pokemon is pointless so is playing sport imo.
Don't worry about it - it's what you think is good :D

That's exactly what my friends are like! :)

Don't stop playing it because some dumb kids that call theirselves "your friends" tell you it's for little kids.

I don't really agree with this sentiment. While I do disagree with the notion that the franchise is specifically for children, I don't believe people are "dumb" just for thinking that way. There are various reasons to why people think it is for kids and all sentiments point to the cartoon, which is the main advertisement for the franchise. There wouldn't be a reason otherwise other than the overall themes and feeling the series generates.

If you enjoy something, then no you shouldn't stop enjoying it because society deems it appropriate, but no I don't think people are morons because of it. If we said that everyone who doesn't like pokemon is an idiot, then it just makes us look pretentious and sometimes worse than the people who say it's for kids.

If they make fun of you for it say its just a game, like mario or w/e. Mario was also aimed at kids, but people of all ages have fun playing it, right? Or just watch a bunch of bad rated movies to make up for it D:

I think it's a fun game for people of all ages. I would actually like to force some Pokemon haters to actually play the game and see what they think.

Lawl, I forced one of my friends (who was a complete Pokemon hater) to play it and now he's hooked :D yay for willpower

I don't think Pokemon is for little kids, becuase little kids (such as a younger me) don't know what typesare supereffective against what, and it takes a good memory or determination to figure out what's good against what.

Zeion said:
I don't think Pokemon is for little kids, becuase little kids (such as a younger me) don't know what typesare supereffective against what, and it takes a good memory or determination to figure out what's good against what.

^Nearly this

The amount of research one has to do online to figure out half the content available in the games alone should demonstrate the need to memorize nearly everything in these games as of now. I would've never realized that wurmple's evolutions depended on personality values (things you can't even SEE) or that you have to wait a certain amount of days before some pokemon appear in the Safari Zone (which is actually pretty moronic seeing as you have to wait up to 100 DAYS for a gible at least). But most kids can remember type advantages however. Who forgets that Water beats Fire?

I play, I'm almost graduated. and.. world of warcraft? ha. make fun of them for that. my friends and I joke a lot. are you sure they aren't just joking?

Parasect 0_o said:
Lawl, I forced one of my friends (who was a complete Pokemon hater) to play it and now he's hooked :D yay for willpower
How'd you force him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back