First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Nyora

A Cat
At first I saw the Weavile and thought "huh, it must be water so it can actually use Rapid Strike Energy"... Then I saw the energy costs and the attacks.

They're really allergic at anything other than Urshifu employing the Rapid Strike Energy well, huh? Mienshao and Zangoose are the only other Rapid Strike attackers that can make proper use out of it.
Empoleon V, Zeraora V, Blaziken VMAX.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Empoleon V, Zeraora V, Blaziken VMAX.

Zeraora V still has an [L] cost remaining. Empoleon V still needs another [C] to cover the attack cost. Blaziken V-Max is a good example I missed.

Still, almost all Single Strike attackers are somewhat compatible with Single Strike Energy and the added damage. Don't know why we keep getting attackers like Weavile, Luxray and Carnivine where Rapid Strike Energy does nothing other than provide [C][C].

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Shiftry: Nice first attack but not sure it is worth the effort to get a stage two Pokémon out since you do not draw prize cards. Only returning one Pokémon to the opponent's hand that also needs to have damage counters on it also makes it hard to bench the opponent.

Grapploct: Nice ability but switching cards and stadium cards like Dark City bypass the retreat lock.

Hypno: Despite the low attack cost removal of the inflicted special conditions kills this card. Otherwise it could at least pair with Weepinbell.

Weavile: Love the low attack cost and the fact that it can be searched out with Octillery but the effect of the first attack vanishes if the opponent retreats in between turns which reduces the viability of this card a lot. Nasty Plot is nice but as an attack that naturally ends your turn it is real vulnerable to Marnie which renders the attack next to useless.

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Too bad none of these would be good, at least in Expanded. I feel like evolution Pokemon are getting worse. Actually, no matter what they print, single prize attackers will never be good again unless ADP gets less dominant. Hopefully, A Pokemon with a ability similar to Pokemon Ranger could be printed to gain easier access (e.g. when you put this Pokemon into play, remove all effects of attacks in play). Boy, do I miss diversity.

Amazing art though. Too bad the attacks are a bit underpowered.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I think the Grapploct was designed with Marnie in mind - Reduce the hand sizes to 5 and 4 respectively, play a card to make both at 4, attack for 160, then hope your opponent dont have a Switch card next turn. Though, I feel like the attack is 1 [C] too expensive.

It + Galar Mine + Tool Jammer could lock something up but as many have mentioned before we are in a format where 4 Switches (sometimes Escape Rope) are common. Not counting Bird Keeper and Scoop-up Net, either. You COULD bank on them not having the card in hand after a Marnie, but we're also in a format where card draw is bonkers.

LightYearLiam

Not sure how good they'll be, but some of these cards have pretty fun and interesting effects, which is always great to see. The Shiftry is especially intriguing.

I'm a Sword!

Aspiring Trainer
Ok. If the ruling with Weavile attack is "even if they move to the bench," this has some serious potential in rapid strike decks. If the effect doesn't carry into the bench, well, meh.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Ok. If the ruling with Weavile attack is "even if they move to the bench," this has some serious potential in rapid strike decks. If the effect doesn't carry into the bench, well, meh.

Unless otherwise stated in the card text itself effects on defending and attacking Pokémon vanish once they hit the bench. This rule allows Zacian V to attack on its next turn if you can switch it out of the active spot and back into the active spot on the next turn. If the effect of Weavile's first attack would stick even if the opponent is moved to the bench it would be good and definitely worth a consideration. The art looks awesome, though.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
They really do not like Grapploct. There has yet to be one playable version of this card lol
They underestimate the amount of switching and gusting cards that are being played in this format.
Also it's videogame version is bad too. Someone over there does not want Grapploct to be liked at all lol