First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
Unless you have to shuffle your deck the cards are still gonna be at the bottom of your deck, so you are able to use this card to recover from Marnie up until the next time you shuffle your deck.
Then play more Quick Balls/Communications. They shuffle the deck and find Crobat/Dedenne/Eldegoss. They solve the extremely niche scenario almost as well as Survival Kit, but also are infinitely more useful at any other point in the game.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah its bad for any scenario can think of (or rather an out to eldegoss etc would be better) but maybe a theoretical deck that really needed a stadium or item card in hand for some reason would like it.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Survival Kit - I'll see some decency on here. Helpful on some decks that plays Oranguru, or some decks whose atks that needs you to cheat your top deck. 3-4 that makes playing Marnie even more important since it didn't shuffle entirely your hand to your deck. Easiest way on cheating the top deck.
  • Galarian Slowking - It's fine. 3-4

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I really like how they reuse abilities from Stage 2 Pokemon and scale it down to Stage 1 power level. This is Shining Legend Venusaur's Jungle Totem, but flavored to G. Weezing.

Both Weezings seems to be interesting to play. Smog Burst would deal 60 for 1 [D] at minimum. If you can snowball energies to other Weezings in the bench (also assuming G. Weezing is counted towards its own ability) it has big potential.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
If we receive a Ditto card that can evolve into Weezing or Galarian Weezing these cards could be viable provided that we also get some sort of energy acceleration for Darkness Pokémon.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Very interesting that they're releasing both Weezing AND Galarian Weezing at the same time. A shame they didn't release the latter's Fairy (now Psychic) type though.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Koffing/Weezing/Galarian Weezing - the G. Weezing is so interesting. It makes cards that do more dmg for each energy attached better. Make sense that we'll get Galarian Moltres V in the same set as this one. Greninja & Zoroark would be a banging deck --- if it wasn't going to rotate. Oh boy, we need to find another one. Great news! That Koffing is trash, play Koffing from Shining Fates for T1 Weezing. Also, the ability lock one for more flavor. 1/3/4

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I really like how they reuse abilities from Stage 2 Pokemon and scale it down to Stage 1 power level. This is Shining Legend Venusaur's Jungle Totem, but flavored to G. Weezing.
You mean Gardevoir Next Destiny’s Psychic Mirage.
Seriously, though, Shining Fates Venusaur is where I originally know the mechanic from and when I pulled it from my pin collection it was among my favorite pulls. Don’t know why it’s rarity was Common but loved it all the more for it!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Seriously, though, Shining Fates Venusaur is where I originally know the mechanic from and when I pulled it from my pin collection it was among my favorite pulls. Don’t know why it’s rarity was Common but loved it all the more for it!
It's gonna be non-holo rare. Don't get misled by the rarity my dear.

Both Weezings seems to be interesting to play. Smog Burst would deal 60 for 1 [D] at minimum. If you can snowball energies to other Weezings in the bench (also assuming G. Weezing is counted towards its own ability) it has big potential.
Yes, this deck seems really interesting! I’ve heard people say that these cards are bad because Dark Box is rotating out, but, although these cards would be pretty good with Greninja GX, I think they have been made primarily for stand-alone decks. And I imagine that they will form a formidable combo! My only concerns are:
1. You have to decide how many of each Weezing you want. True, you can have four of each, but no matter what you will still be limited to four Koffing. Being able to have Koffing ready at all times is going to make or break this deck.
2. How would the existing Galarian Weezing fit into this strategy? Would it be worth including or not?

It's gonna be non-holo rare. Don't get misled by the rarity my dear.
I was referring to the rarity of Venusaur Shining Legends, not the Weezing, which are both Uncommon. It was a little confusing that the evolved forms of the starters in those sets were as common as they were, but I certainly wasn’t complaining about getting Torracat, Ivysaur, Venusaur and Feraligatr in the same pin collection.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the refresher! I'm not entirely familiar with BW era cards, that was a long while ago.

Yes, this deck seems really interesting! I’ve heard people say that these cards are bad because Dark Box is rotating out, but, although these cards would be pretty good with Greninja GX, I think they have been made primarily for stand-alone decks. And I imagine that they will form a formidable combo! My only concerns are:
1. You have to decide how many of each Weezing you want. True, you can have four of each, but no matter what you will still be limited to four Koffing. Being able to have Koffing ready at all times is going to make or break this deck.
2. How would the existing Galarian Weezing fit into this strategy? Would it be worth including or not?
I was wondering why we're limited to 4 Koffings only, then I realized there is no Galarian Koffing. Well damn.

I guess a 4 Koffing, 3 Weezing, 2 G. Weezing line would be enough since Energy Factory don't stack. The Ability Lock G. Weezing could be a one-off if you want, but I don't think it fits (eats up a Koffing).

Or we could wait and see for another [D] attacker to pair with. G. Moltres could probably be a ramp support/fringe attacker with Energy Switch but I feel like it's going to be super clunky.

AGT/Lyn

Aspiring Trainer
  • Koffing/Weezing/Galarian Weezing - the G. Weezing is so interesting. It makes cards that do more dmg for each energy attached better. Make sense that we'll get Galarian Moltres V in the same set as this one. Greninja & Zoroark would be a banging deck --- if it wasn't going to rotate. Oh boy, we need to find another one. Great news! That Koffing is trash, play Koffing from Shining Fates for T1 Weezing. Also, the ability lock one for more flavor. 1/3/4
But rotation should happen in August like every other rotation and this set releases in June so there would be a time where both are playable. And when Geninja Zoroark does rotate, we do have a card similar to it, which is Darkrai from DAA.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
But rotation should happen in August like every other rotation and this set releases in June so there would be a time where both are playable. And when Geninja Zoroark does rotate, we do have a card similar to it, which is Darkrai from DAA.
That Darkrai only counts energy attached to itself, and G. Weezing only doubles energy attached to Weezings. They don't work together.

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Well well well, looks like a solid 1-prize combo. I’m thinking about pairing these two with Galarian Moltres V, there seems to be good synergy there. EXP Share also makes it better. Before rotation, this is definitely going with Morgan at some point...