First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Rise2Power

Aspiring Trainer
We don't need to wait on rulings. I can bet you $10 bucks it works like that. Houndoom uses exactly the same wording as Octillery does, except it adds "Energy" to the sentence. There's no need to be obtuse.

I disagree, but whatever, we will find out when it happens :)

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
I love the art on survival kit and I like the effect, I'm not sure if its too good or not but it seems quite fun

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Not entirely sure what's the purpose of G. Slowbro is. Cool art though!

Survival Kit is Rotom Phone with slightly less cards to choose from, but from the bottom of the deck. Could be great in decks with a lot of 'Put into the bottom of your deck' effects, or decks that utilize Primate Wisdom.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Slowking is just bad. It would have been cool if you could flip before picking the target since that would buff Spiritomb, be as it is it's not a good gimmick.

Survival Kit seemed really bad to me at first, but then I realized that it can be used as a Marnie counter. Probably still too situational though.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Cinderace:
I actually like this card. 150 for two energy isn't that bad, and increases over time. Cinderace continues to be the leading example of how all stage 2s should be designed. Low energy cost with an actual decent gimmick. In reality you can do more damage with single strike energy+Karen. So with the right draw support pokemon this may be a competively viable deck.

Lycanroc:
Would be good IF that attack had a bit more damage to it. If it started at 100 vs 80, your damage output would be looking alot better.

Flannery:
Control decks are definitely going to love this card! A bit sad it isn't a direct fire support, but still a cool card nonetheless

Single Strike scrool of stab:
Looks really good until you realize it says it cant hit for weakness. Huge turn off for a great tech in certain decks

BOTH IMPACT + SPIRAL ENERGY!
What great cards!! These are both amazing in allowing for more special energy in the game and for both styles to become more of a toolbox. Blaziken VMAX is going to love this card, although I don't think single strike cares all that much since most of their best attackers are fighting+dark anyways. But if they do make more single strike cards with different typing, this will be a huge staple in those decks

Rillaboom:
Sigh..."look how they massacred my boy" You're a stage 2 with a high energy attack cost that requires you to have more energy in play. Cherrim+Rillaboom seems great on paper unless you've already tried Cherrim+Bulu and have seen how bricky that deck can be without the use of a stage 2. (Still going to experiment because fan favorite and what not)

Malamar:
Mr. Rime ball trick take a seat.... This is significantly better in every way. You have consitency, your attack requirement are signficantly better, they get shuffled back into the deck, better energy cost, can use Psychic horror energy which is better, also hitting for a better weakness. Yeah i'm probably going to build this deck and give it a go. This looks amazing

Seibold:
This card looks good in the mirror match of Rapid strike vs Rapid Strike. But I don't see it getting much use, as Cheryl is just signficantly better.

Rapid Strike Scroll of skies:
In another metagame this would be amazing! But at the moment nothing other than Centiskorch and Heatran are really stacking energy that high for it to significant damage. On average you are looking at 3 energy attack pokemon meaning you'll be doing 160. Not bad damage but as a rapid strike pokemon there are better things you could be doing.

The winners from this reveal are Cinderace, Malamar and the two energies.
The Special energies will for sure see play, while Cinderace and Malamar are going to be experimented with and maybe make some sort of rogue deck.

LightYearLiam

That Slowking is sad in terms of power, but the art is excellent. So far, a lot of these reveals have been interesting and have great art.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Got a notification where someone said survival kit was terrible, came to say its niche but could be an out if you get marnied out of game winning boss, or even if you have to marnie yourself to get cards but want a certain card back. Just oranguru or jirachi AR into it.

But the post is gone.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
Got a notification where someone said survival kit was terrible, came to say its niche but could be an out if you get marnied out of game winning boss, or even if you have to marnie yourself to get cards but want a certain card back. Just oranguru or jirachi AR into it.

But the post is gone.
The use case is so niche that it is terrible. You have to draw it in the first place after you've been Marnie'd out of what you want. And in that case you might as well just be playing more outs of what you want (more Eldegoss/Dedenne/Crobat), or an Oranguru to prevent Marnie from taking outs away.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
The use case is so niche that it is terrible. You have to draw it in the first place after you've been Marnie'd out of what you want. And in that case you might as well just be playing more outs of what you want (more Eldegoss/Dedenne/Crobat), or an Oranguru to prevent Marnie from taking outs away.
Unless you have to shuffle your deck the cards are still gonna be at the bottom of your deck, so you are able to use this card to recover from Marnie up until the next time you shuffle your deck.