Future Metagame Speculation Thread

Re: RE: Future Metagame Speculation

SheNinja said:
Mr. Mime? *feverishly goes to front page*

EDIT: It doesn't prevent your opponent from catchering it up and KO'ing it...

Yes, but it prevents being Megalocannon, Night Spear, or Hammerhead sniped to death.

RE: Future Metagame Speculation

It's still not great. A card that is designed to net you resources which then forces you to burn for resources to (attempt to) get it out of harm's way so that you don't lose isn't good. I get that people like the choice of what supporter they can have, but I'm fairly sure that if you just ran another supporter in its place you would be a lot better off. I just can't see the "reward" being remotely worth the risk here. I'd probably just run a(nother) Cheren in its place if I was to ever consider using it.

Also, it forces your opponent to waste a catch on the Mime, which probably is not what they'd want

I don't know, I think Jirachi is well worth the risk. To put it simply, Level ball --> Jirachi --> Skyla --> any trainer you need. If that trainer is computer search, it becomes any card you need. Also keep in mind that we're getting new supporters with each new set. Iris provides some attack boasting (which also takes the sting out of losing two prizes), ghestis provides disruption, and Shadow triad retrieves plasma cards (if you want tom play it in that deck). If Victini and Mew EX can see play despite their low HP, I don't see why Jirachi can't.

As for Cradilly, I think it will see play, even with the painful set up. The only problem is that you're limited to grass pokemon (unless you want to use multiple energy types), but most stage 2s are played for their abilities anyway. Here are a few ideas.

-Dusknoir/Reuniclis (manipulate damage on all sides of the field)
-Reuniclis/Serperior (heal up to 60 damage between turns)
-Gothitelle/Reuniclis (lock items and make yourself hard to KO)
-Magnezone/anything (lets you take advantage of two supporter)
-Flygon/Dusknoir (already a valid decktype, but it becomes much easier now)
-Beedrill/Serperior (beedrill does 60 plus auto poison and confusion for one grass energy as long as no damage counters are on it)

You need some decent starters such as sigilpyh or some high HP basics, but you only need a few to make sure you have something to start with that won't get donked. The rest of your deck can be devoted to the stage 2s you want to use.

Lastly, Caitlin can work in plasma decks. Get the plasma energy back in the deck for colress machine. Just thought I'd mention that.

Cradily – Grass – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Lileep

[G] Life Explosion: For each Energy attached to this Pokemon, search your deck for a Stage 2 Pokemon and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
[G][C] Spiral Drain: 60 damage. Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 2

I should also mention Lileep.

Lileep – Grass – HP80
Restored – Put this card onto your Bench only with the effect of Root Fossil

Ability: Call of the Ancient
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this card is in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deck.

[G][C] Spiral Drain: 20 damage. Heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 2

So DCE would be played? Would it be Energy attached or Energy cards attached?

We won't know until the English translation comes out, but I'm guessing Energy.

Wait, it can be any energy? I guess it's not limited to grass (blend can cover the initial G cost).

And does cradily mean that you dont need to have a stage 1 on your bench for it to work?

No you don't. You just place the Stage 2 onto the bench. Do you guys think that it will count as an Evolved Pokemon? Or Un-Evolved?

Why? There isn't a Pokemon card under it, so that would make it Unevolved. We'll see the ruling when the time comes.

Will Garbodor/Basics Keep being good by Nationals? The next tournament I'm going to go to is Nationals (hopefully), so I would like to stock up now while the cards might be cheaper.

So as long as you run Big Basic EXs. You can do decently. That's the format now. It can be proven by states results as well. I don't think there has been a non-EX deck that topped.

SheNinja said:
Why? There isn't a Pokemon card under it, so that would make it Unevolved. We'll see the ruling when the time comes.

I think it will count as a Stage 2 Pokemon since it literally says Stage 2 on the card. The ruling will almost definitely be the same as the Ninjask/Shedina ruling, which I believe counts Shedinja as a Stage 1. You could ask a judge to confirm, though.

I think it will be a Stage 2 Pokemon but Unevolved. Like how LEGEND Pokemon are unevolved.

Mora said:
SheNinja said:

I think it will count as a Stage 2 Pokemon since it literally says Stage 2 on the card. The ruling will almost definitely bet the same as the Ninjask/Shedina ruling, which I believe counts Shedinja as a Stage 1. You could ask a judge to confirm, though.

The ruling is that it is an unevolved Stage 2. :3

PellOfTheTundra said:

They don't do rulings for cards not released in English.

Mora said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

They don't do rulings for cards not released in English.

I was told differently o.o

Lies have been spread. I have dishonored my family :(

Back