Heart Gold/Soul Silver set blues?

gecko764 said:
Yeah, I see a lot of pleyers like this slowing down, I just liked the fast-paced style becouse there was a lot of quick thinking and a lot of things you had to take into account during the game.

If you like to quickly think "Oh look! I got donked. Again" then yeah, I understand how you feel exactly. <_<

What kind of quick thinking and things that you have to take into account are you talking about? The longer the game goes, the more that decisions have an impact on the game.

gecko764 said:
Yeah, I see a lot of pleyers like this slowing down, I just liked the fast-paced style becouse there was a lot of quick thinking and a lot of things you had to take into account during the game.

It's a card game... With turns. This isn't exactly Puyo Pop or Star Craft.

When a game drags out, you really, really need to think farther ahead, because what you do in the 3rd turn can impact the 23rd.

However, when games go by as fast as 8 turns...not much needs to be thought ahead.

Isn't it really the players descicion to drag the game out? If you wanted to slow things down then you could anyway, and don't you have to look ahead either way?

maybe they should make it 80 card decks, with 8 prizes, and maybe a bench of 6, this would slow it down alot, and keep the game interesting all the way through

80 cards would be way too much for a deck, you'll never draw what you need, and I think that making too many changes to the game would cause a lot of players to turn away from Pokemon.

I think Pokemon should do this-
It is always 6 prizes. But they could allow players to have a MINIMUM of 60 cards, so if someone wanted to they could just play 1-2 more cards or just make an insanely inconsistent deck(heck I always seem to want to play 1-2 more cards,an extra warp, maybe 4 spray or 4 radar, extra tech etc.)

Then it wouldn't make sense to onley have 6 prizes. The game revolves around the fact that you can only carry 6 pokemon with you at a time, so a 60 card deck with 6 prizes (KO all 6 of you opponents pokemon in the game and you win right?) and you can have up to 6 pokemon in play. Nothing makes sense if you don't apply these rules.

gecko764 said:
Isn't it really the players descicion to drag the game out? If you wanted to slow things down then you could anyway, and don't you have to look ahead either way?

Yeah, while other people decide to play fast decks that destroy theirs. That's fair.

As for more cards/prizes...

The extra prizes does sound interesting. However, way too many cards that might be trapped. Too much messing around with a strategy. As for any more cards, I don't like that idea either. The way pokemon plays, it just doesn't work out that well.

Then again, I guess people could choose to play in 6-60 limits and 8-80 limits if they want to. Kinda like how people play with UU pokemon and OU pokemon.

well, it would look like this:

80 card decks
8 prizes
7 pokes in play

and i think a limit of 5 of each card instead, but then a 5-5 line seems alot, but maybe not...

i think i may try this at my house lol... it would cause alot more strategy, and offer new combo's, especially if you can only have 4 of each card

Well reclaimer, you could always make a 80 card deck with 8 prizes and 7 Pokemon in play and see how it works.

Now, I love this set. Mainly because I love all the changes they make. Change will happen, regardless if you want it to happen. I disliked the transition from ex to DP, and I think a few people did. Some people are also upset about the transition from DP to Legends. We all just learn how to deal with change.

And I also like that HGSS has lots of my favorite Pokemon in it.

gecko764 said:
Then it wouldn't make sense to onley have 6 prizes. The game revolves around the fact that you can only carry 6 pokemon with you at a time, so a 60 card deck with 6 prizes (KO all 6 of you opponents pokemon in the game and you win right?) and you can have up to 6 pokemon in play. Nothing makes sense if you don't apply these rules.

well, yeah, that is true

i guess it may not be the BEST idea, and might not work, but can't blame me for trying lol

maybe i will try it... IDK yet

Compare EX Ruby Saphire to EX Dragon Frontiers or EX Unseen Forces
Compare Diamond and Pearl to DP: Stormfront or Platinum Rising Rivals
The first set will be bad but the sets will get better.

I don't see why having 60+ cards would mean more prizes. Sure 6 prizes is 1/10 the deck, but that seems like more of a coincidence than anything. Just as long as everyone is allowed the same options. Something like 60-75 cards, no more than 4(maybe 3?) or any single card in a deck, etcetera.

Pimplup said:
I don't see why having 60+ cards would mean more prizes. Sure 6 prizes is 1/10 the deck, but that seems like more of a coincidence than anything. Just as long as everyone is allowed the same options. Something like 60-75 cards, no more than 4(maybe 3?) or any single card in a deck, etcetera.

i doubt 1/10 is completely coincidence, it seems to neat and tidy to me, but maybe your right, the 6 does count for the 6 pokemon in a battle

but 1 think it should be 5 prizes, because then the last prize cannot be used, it should be who every has a poke die and cannot draw a prizes looses

but back to the ACTUALLY topic of the thread lol, the other posters are right, the sets will get better... and as a better comperison, compare DP - DP to PL - RR

Do you guys know when they'll rotate the sets before Platinum? Its something that's been worrying me for a while

Bippa201 said:
Well reclaimer, you could always make a 80 card deck with 8 prizes and 7 Pokemon in play and see how it works.

Now, I love this set. Mainly because I love all the changes they make. Change will happen, regardless if you want it to happen. I disliked the transition from ex to DP, and I think a few people did. Some people are also upset about the transition from DP to Legends. We all just learn how to deal with change.

And I also like that HGSS has lots of my favorite Pokemon in it.

I hated the change from ex to dp. I loved the great ex pokemon and then taking two prizes but it still changed to lv.x, and I still love pokemon. It would get boring without change in style of play.

Hello,

I love that they're slowing down the game. I hated seeing cards that did 80 for 2 or 3 nrg's. And the longer the game the more times you will have to change your stratigy due to your opponant messing you up. these things just make the game more stratigic and less about the cards.

I love this set. I have always been a fan of hard core power without the tricks (even though I like the tricks).

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
I think Pokemon should do this-
It is always 6 prizes. But they could allow players to have a MINIMUM of 60 cards, so if someone wanted to they could just play 1-2 more cards or just make an insanely inconsistent deck(heck I always seem to want to play 1-2 more cards,an extra warp, maybe 4 spray or 4 radar, extra tech etc.)
I'd rather them just raise the amount of each card you could have in your deck. 4 is never enough in many circumstances.

Back