BW/BW2 Hoenn in Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many threads do we need of this? It won't happen. Here is a couple of reasons as to why-

Here's some food for thought:
1.Combine regions in a game? No. Everyone saw how terrible HGSS were. Sure it gave us more places to visit, but ask yourself this, how quickly did you beat the Kanto gym leaders? I beat it in one to two hours tops. As your pokemon are already equal levels if not higher than the gym leaders, you have a relatively easy time throughout Kanto.

2. Pokemon is all about the money. Sure if such a collaboration would occur they would make a good bit of money. But by making remakes each generation, the money is flowing right into their accounts. 5 games a generation, 3 new region games, 2 remakes, going for 30-35 dollars a pop. Now that is a lot of money.

I copied this from another one of my posts on a similar idea. People were suggesting that not only should Hoenn be in the games, but all 5 regions. Hopefully this will help you understand why an inclusion of Hoenn, and any other region for that matter, would be a bad idea. Not trying to rant, just giving a clear explanation.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
How many threads do we need of this? It won't happen. Here is a couple of reasons as to why-

Here's some food for thought:
1.Combine regions in a game? No. Everyone saw how terrible HGSS were. Sure it gave us more places to visit, but ask yourself this, how quickly did you beat the Kanto gym leaders? I beat it in one to two hours tops. As your pokemon are already equal levels if not higher than the gym leaders, you have a relatively easy time throughout Kanto.

2. Pokemon is all about the money. Sure if such a collaboration would occur they would make a good bit of money. But by making remakes each generation, the money is flowing right into their accounts. 5 games a generation, 3 new region games, 2 remakes, going for 30-35 dollars a pop. Now that is a lot of money.

I copied this from another one of my posts on a similar idea. People were suggesting that not only should Hoenn be in the games, but all 5 regions. Hopefully this will help you understand why an inclusion of Hoenn, and any other region for that matter, would be a bad idea. Not trying to rant, just giving a clear explanation.

I remember when you posted that ^^ And I completely agree, It might sound good for Pokemon fans, but bad for Game Freak. You kids need to understand how money works.

TheDarkLucario said:
I remember when you posted that ^^ And I completely agree, It might sound good for Pokemon fans, but bad for Game Freak. You kids need to understand how money works.

Yep. I understand how new members (younger kids mostly) think as if they have thought of something completely new, when in fact, it has been discussed to death, heatedly I might add. Gets kinda annoying seeing these posts after a while.

In all honesty I thought Hoenn was pretty bland. Hopefully when RSE remakes come out, the creators will learn from their mistakes.

Radiant Ruby and Shining Sapphire?

RockingPikachu-Touche, touche. (I know there is an apostrophe but I don't know how to add it above a letter :/)

rockinpikachu said:
TheDarkLucario said:
You kids need to understand how money works.
and u need to understand how fans work. lol
Lol, it's a mystery
SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
TheDarkLucario said:

Yep. I understand how new members (younger kids mostly) think as if they have thought of something completely new, when in fact, it has been discussed to death, heatedly I might add. Gets kinda annoying seeing these posts after a while.

In all honesty I thought Hoenn was pretty bland. Hopefully when RSE remakes come out, the creators will learn from their mistakes.

Yes most people on this forum are 12/13, way to young to have a job. My last job was at walmart and it SUCKED! Don't get jobs kids. Just do what I planed to do, mooch of your parents

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:

RockingPikachu-Touche, touche. (I know there is an apostrophe but I don't know how to add it above a letter :/)

Actually I thought Hoenn was one of the more beautiful regions. It seemed to be a lot more focused on nature and the environment (a massive ocean, desert, volcano, etc.) but that's just my opinion.

Oh, and to all the people saying that it would be a better idea for Game Freak to just remake R/S/E instead of including Hoenn in B/W:

R/B/Y- The first Pokemon games, the first region: Kanto.
G/S/C- Once again, Kanto Just happens to be thrown into the games, kind of EXACTLY what I've been speculating about Hoenn.
Gen 3- Kanto. In a remake DESIGNED for it. Not only was it itself remade specifically, but by now it had also been included in a completely NEW generation. AGAIN.
Gen 4- Kanto once again, this time in ANOTHER remake.

To sum this all up:
Kanto- A whopping 4 appearances
Johto- 2 appearances
Hoenn-1
Sinnoh- 1 (obviously as it is the current generation)

So far this leaves the only previous generation not to be included more than once to be Hoenn. They have remade Kanto three times now, and all versions it's been in have sold incredibly well. Why can't they do it again with Hoenn? Are you all saying if they include Hoenn in Black and White you just won't buy it? I doubt it would make a difference for a R/S/E remake either, because it'll probably be on the 3DS considering an estimated 3-4 years until they are announced, meaning drastic improvements to the previous games and it's graphics. (Note- SPECULATION). And I doubt all the children who make up the majority of the fanbase will care. And someone stated before that the kids seem to consider everything fresh even though it's been talked about to death or something along those lines, so that's a bit of a counterargument against yourself.

liljes said:
Actually I thought Hoenn was one of the more beautiful regions. It seemed to be a lot more focused on nature and the environment (a massive ocean, desert, volcano, etc.) but that's just my opinion.

Oh, and to all the people saying that it would be a better idea for Game Freak to just remake R/S/E instead of including Hoenn in B/W:

R/B/Y- The first Pokemon games, the first region: Kanto.
G/S/C- Once again, Kanto Just happens to be thrown into the games, kind of EXACTLY what I've been speculating about Hoenn.
Gen 3- Kanto. In a remake DESIGNED for it. Not only was it itself remade specifically, but by now it had also been included in a completely NEW generation. AGAIN.
Gen 4- Kanto once again, this time in ANOTHER remake.

To sum this all up:
Kanto- A whopping 4 appearances
Johto- 2 appearances
Hoenn-1
Sinnoh- 1 (obviously as it is the current generation)

So far this leaves the only previous generation not to be included more than once to be Hoenn. They have remade Kanto three times now, and all versions it's been in have sold incredibly well. Why can't they do it again with Hoenn? Are you all saying if they include Hoenn in Black and White you just won't buy it? I doubt it would make a difference for a R/S/E remake either, because it'll probably be on the 3DS considering an estimated 3-4 years until they are announced, meaning drastic improvements to the previous games and it's graphics. (Note- SPECULATION). And I doubt all the children who make up the majority of the fanbase will care. And someone stated before that the kids seem to consider everything fresh even though it's been talked about to death or something along those lines, so that's a bit of a counterargument against yourself.

Kanto appearing that many times does not mean Hoenn should be included.

In fact Gamefreak had not intended for pokemon to go on this long. GS was partially a test to see if the series was popular enough to continue.
In doing so, it made the Kanto region appear more often. Hoenn will get is remake eventually, but combining it with Isshu will not occur. That I am positive.

RBY: pokemon's birth.
GS: Can we continue our sells and interests
FRLG-After seeing that Pokemon had a large fan base, going back to its roots only seemed fair.
HGSS-Remake of game 2. Good idea to the early fans.

If, for some strange reason, the two regions were connected, I would still buy it. But I would be disappointed because it that would make the 2nd region all the more easier to beat. Ala HGSS, fixing how easy the Kanto region would help, but in the real world money talks, and more games equals more money.

However now that you mention it, Hoenn was a good region, but I felt it messed up in certain aspects. Don't get me wrong, when the game came out I thought it was the best game ever. But now looking back on it, comparing it to DPt, so much more could have been done. I guess my main complaint was the land. For instance the desert, could have expanded it. Glad Isshu has a big desert in it. Loved the large ocean and Mossdeep and Sootoplis though; dive was great.

Bland was the wrong word to describe Hoenn; incomplete or unfulfilled would work better.

Well I understand your viewpoint but SQUIRTLETamer08 but I believe that is the entire point of a series... They included Kanto in G/S/C and HG/SS and admittedly it had always felt a little unpolished and too easy and quick, but that is what development is for. Fixing their earlier mistakes. Including Hoenn in B/W and polishing it up wouldn't be such a bad thing, and I'm 100% positive that people would still buy the remakes. I also consider the fact how remakes serve the purpose of pleasing old fans but bringing in a new generation of kids as well. After B/W, a remake of R/S/E would bring in the next generation of kids who probably wouldn't have even played Black or White in the first place. Kids are being born all the time lol. I dunno it may seem like I'm beating a dead horse but I just feel that it is a strong possibility whether or not people agree with me lol. :p

And I also understand what you mean by Hoenn feeling like it messed up certain aspects. I think for me it was a really gorgeous region, but it was just felt like a really large change from others. What can I say, sometimes I'm not the most liberal in thought lol.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
Kanto appearing that many times does not mean Hoenn should be included.

In fact Gamefreak had not intended for pokemon to go on this long. GS was partially a test to see if the series was popular enough to continue.
In doing so, it made the Kanto region appear more often. Hoenn will get is remake eventually, but combining it with Isshu will not occur. That I am positive.

RBY: pokemon's birth.
GS: Can we continue our sells and interests
FRLG-After seeing that Pokemon had a large fan base, going back to its roots only seemed fair.
HGSS-Remake of game 2. Good idea to the early fans.

If, for some strange reason, the two regions were connected, I would still buy it. But I would be disappointed because it that would make the 2nd region all the more easier to beat. Ala HGSS, fixing how easy the Kanto region would help, but in the real world money talks, and more games equals more money.

However now that you mention it, Hoenn was a good region, but I felt it messed up in certain aspects. Don't get me wrong, when the game came out I thought it was the best game ever. But now looking back on it, comparing it to DPt, so much more could have been done. I guess my main complaint was the land. For instance the desert, could have expanded it. Glad Isshu has a big desert in it. Loved the large ocean and Mossdeep and Sootoplis though; dive was great.

Bland was the wrong word to describe Hoenn; incomplete or unfulfilled would work better.
This. Can we all shut up about Hoenn and Isshu being connected? Nobody has proof to confirm it, only proof to prove how it's not in the game. Most threads in the B/W forum have a reason for all their speculation. This thread is full of people who looked at an airport and thought kanto is 'so overused'

TheDarkLucario, I have given proof, one reason being because there are now 500+ pokemon and jamming them into one region wouldn't make much sense, and not putting any old ones in at all wouldn't either, because then the new kids who buy the game wouldn't have access to all of them.

If you disagree with me, you have all the right to, but I believe it is my right to speculate so you have no reason to try and end the speculation. Fans can and will speculate always.

liljes said:
TheDarkLucario, I have given proof, one reason being because there are now 500+ pokemon and jamming them into one region wouldn't make much sense, and not putting any old ones in at all wouldn't either, because then the new kids who buy the game wouldn't have access to all of them.

If you disagree with me, you have all the right to, but I believe it is my right to speculate so you have no reason to try and end the speculation. Fans can and will speculate always.

Uh these games are connected to previous games. So all non-Gen. 5 can be transferred to this game...

liljes said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, I would be extremely angry if nintendo decided to go back to square 1 AGAIN.

TheDarkLucario said:
Uh these games are connected to previous games. So all non-Gen. 5 can be transferred to this game...

Maybe you should re-read my post. I said the NEW kids. In other words, the ones that don't have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold or Soul Silver. Sure, WE have access to the old Pokemon, but the newer fans won't.

liljes said:
Maybe you should re-read my post. I said the NEW kids. In other words, the ones that don't have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold or Soul Silver. Sure, WE have access to the old Pokemon, but the newer fans won't.
I can still buy R/S/E/FR/LG at my gamestop...

TheDarkLucario said:
I can still buy R/S/E/FR/LG at my gamestop...

So in other words force all the new kids to buy all the old games to complete the Pokedex? To me that would mean complaints and if word got around that you couldn't finish the game without the old ones then that would be bad for sales.

PS- I don't know if you've heard but Nintendo doesn't like it when people buy used, and buying them from Gamestop wouldn't result in any profit for them either.

liljes said:
So in other words force all the new kids to buy all the old games to complete the Pokedex? To me that would mean complaints and if word got around that you couldn't finish the game without the old ones then that would be bad for sales.

PS- I don't know if you've heard but Nintendo doesn't like it when people buy used, and buying them from Gamestop wouldn't result in any profit for them either.
You can also find about every pokemon using D/P/Pt Hg/Ss and pokewalker. The others can be found by Nintendo Events. And we have GTS, Game Freak likes it when we trade our Pokes :D

TheDarkLucario said:
You can also find about every pokemon using D/P/Pt Hg/Ss and pokewalker. The others can be found by Nintendo Events. And we have GTS, Game Freak likes it when we trade our Pokes :D

Yes but they aren't going to sell those games forever and I doubt they want us to rely on the GTS for obtaining everything. I don't know but my main point of this whole thread is I think Hoenn will be in the game!!!! LOL

liljes said:
Yes but they aren't going to sell those games forever and I doubt they want us to rely on the GTS for obtaining everything. I don't know but my main point of this whole thread is I think Hoenn will be in the game!!!! LOL
If there selling Gen III games after Gen. IV is well over, There probably gonna sell Gen IV games well after Gen V is over, etc.

I'd rather see a remake of RSE than include in B&W. If they do include an airport, then you should be able to fly to all of the current regions, not just that.=/

I couldn't imagine Hoenn tying in with Isshu though, but I guess everything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back