Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Are Japanese gold stars worth more than English gold stars? According to people on Pokébeach an Entei gold star in Japanese is worth about $50. But I couldn't find any and now one has appeared on Ebay for $165. Is it just incredibly overpriced because it's so rare and the only one on Ebay?

I almost had one, but then the seller backed out on me (not on Ebay) because I showed so much interest. He was going to send it to PSA and then sell it to me, which drives up the price to like 200 pounds. My dream is to get a Japanese Entei gold star and then get it graded so it doesn't get damaged. I've almost collected all other Entei cards (only missing the rally promo and the gold star) and I really don't want an English one :c

What would be a good trade for Darkrai EX, Mew EX (Legendary Treasures FA), and Dialga EX? They're on my wants and I'm wondering what kinds of cards would be enough to trade for those, if that makes sense.

Riraito said:
Are Japanese gold stars worth more than English gold stars? According to people on Pokébeach an Entei gold star in Japanese is worth about $50. But I couldn't find any and now one has appeared on Ebay for $165. Is it just incredibly overpriced because it's so rare and the only one on Ebay?

I almost had one, but then the seller backed out on me (not on Ebay) because I showed so much interest. He was going to send it to PSA and then sell it to me, which drives up the price to like 200 pounds. My dream is to get a Japanese Entei gold star and then get it graded so it doesn't get damaged. I've almost collected all other Entei cards (only missing the rally promo and the gold star) and I really don't want an English one :c

It depends on the card. Entei Gold Star in Japanese shouldn't cost more than $75. Oddly enough, I have seen Suicune and Raikou sell for $50 apiece in the past few months but not Entei. I would simply wait as the card does pop up even on eBay. That set it comes from, though, is a nightmare for collectors.

Does anyone know how much Reward and League Promos are going for now? Both old and new stuff?

I know it is sort of a general question, I apologize for that. But do others sell better or should I just pack them all into 1 big lot of cards?

Is this an appropriate place to ask for PTCGO trades as well? Was wondering what I could get for some of my packs online.

Are you looking to trade within PTCGO, or are you looking to sell/trade PTCGO codes for real world stuff, like money or physical cards?

Athena said:
Are you looking to trade within PTCGO, or are you looking to sell/trade PTCGO codes for real world stuff, like money or physical cards?

Trading within PTCGO, apologies.

Well in a trade no one should be ripping another person off or getting a better deal than another person, so I just want to know if it's fair and not which side of it I'm on.

I have a 2012 Tropical Beach and it's about PSA 8 if graded.
How much is it worth? Some people said 170 to me, others said 140 to 120... so I have no real idea.

Elbow said:
How much is it worth? Some people said 170 to me, others said 140 to 120... so I have no real idea.

Just a 2012 Tropical Beach? or is it a staff or Top Thirty-Two, or Top Sixteen?

omahanime said:
Elbow said:

Just a 2012 Tropical Beach? or is it a staff or Top Thirty-Two, or Top Sixteen?

Regular. Not staff or anything special besides that it's worth over 100 dollars :)

Would anyone know around how much each of these go for? Even an estimate would be very helpful. I did get one on Pokegym and want to compare prices to see.

Pre Release:

Volcarona
Arcanine
Victini
Darmanitan
Snorlax
Electivire
Leafeon
Pichu
Raichu
Milotic
Tropius
Lucario
Piloswine
Buck's Training
Mothim
Porygon 2
Kirlia
Gabite

Other:

Shellos Origins Game Fair 2008
Lugia Pokemon Rocks America 2005

Regional:

Jolteon
Shelmet
Polisrath
Electivire
Venusaur

States:

Vaporeon
Accelgor
Gabite
Poliwhirl
Luxio
Dragonair

City:

Eevee
Karrablast
Gible
Poliwag
Shinx
Dratini

League Promo:

Snorlax
Arcanine G
Dialga G
Milotic C
Claydol
Skarmory FB
Felicity's Drawing
Dusknoir FB
Bebe's Search
Empoleon FB
Underground Expedition
Butterfree FB
Warp Point
Upper Energy
Lucian's Assignment
Volkner's Philosophy
Cynthia's Guidance
Spiritomb
Donphan
Expert Belt
Crobat
Azelf
Delibird
Metal Energy
Steelix
Houndoom
Broken Time-Space
Snivy
Copycat
Tepig
Oshawott
Call Energy
SP Radar
Unfezant
Whirlipede
Zebstrika
Watchog
Lillipup
Cryogonal
Fraxure
Krokorok

SP Radar (Sealed)
Cynthia's Guidance (Sealed)

Hi I have just started collecting again after 12 or so years out.I just bought a japanese grand party promo PSA9 for £50($80).I think I got a good deal but I would like other peoples views.Also do you think this card will be worth more money in say 20 to 30 years.Thanks.

dunky108 said:
Hi I have just started collecting again after 12 or so years out.I just bought a japanese grand party promo PSA9 for £50($80).I think I got a good deal but I would like other peoples views.

That is a fair price for ungraded.

dunky108 said:
Also do you think this card will be worth more money in say 20 to 30 years.

It should be.

elam18 said:
I just got a PSA 2 1st edition shadowless charizard.. How much is it worth?

Hi in my opinion if you paid about £50($80) to £75($120) you done good.It would depend because I have never seen a PSA 2 before but I know it is in 'good'condition if it is a PSA 2.Would proberly be worth more ungraded with such a low grade.

Back