Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Hello Sheodon!

1. It depends on which one, some goes for around $35 while some goes for around $10.

2. I would use eBay's sold listing for checking prices because T&T are more for quantity than quality (what I've heard at least, I've never ordered singles from them)

Troll and Toad is good for some cards, but not all their prices are realistic. I'd indeed check the Ebay sold listings ;)

Thank you so much. I did a little research (I compared the prices of Troll and Toad and eBay). What I've found out is that they sell non-legal cards in a really good price (especially because their shipping price is really low for an European like me), however, when it's about current format cards (especially more valuable/useful ones), sometimes they sell them for a really high price. In other words: for alternate format players/collectors, Troll and Toad is a really good choice, but if you're a competitive player (and it's your main priority), then eBay is a much better choice (especially if you're from the U.S.).

I shared it so if anyone is interested in the same question I was, they can find the answer easily.

I'm giving a guy a Rayquaza full art, shiny bagon, Shiny Legend Dialga and palkia

For his

English Mint Vaporeon gold star

Is this worth it for me?

i've seen rayquaza c lv.x go for quite a bit on ebay and t&t. why is that? it wasn't worth much when it first came out. can you explain why it's worth so much now?

Im trying to get a garchomp/altaria (dragons exalted) evolution line and was wondering how rare they are and what could I trade for them need 3 of each (already got gibles and 1 garchomp)

collinhall said:
I'm giving a guy a Rayquaza full art, shiny bagon, Shiny Legend Dialga and palkia

For his

Is this worth it for me?

I would do it. Rayquaza ex will rotate out of format soon so its definitely worth it for you :D

1Pokemon_Master said:
i've seen rayquaza c lv.x go for quite a bit on ebay and t&t. why is that? it wasn't worth much when it first came out. can you explain why it's worth so much now?

I think its the same reason why Rayquaza * is so expensive. Rayquaza is a very popular pokemon and a lot of people like him and that makes him more expensive. Same reason for cards like Charizard

alalattack said:
Im trying to get a garchomp/altaria (dragons exalted) evolution line and was wondering how rare they are and what could I trade for them need 3 of each (already got gibles and 1 garchomp)

Garchomp and Altaria are both 2.49 each on trollandtoad so if you invest $20 or so you should be able to get the stuff that you need. Hope I helped you out :D

collinhall said:

For his

Is this worth it for me?

Fair deal. Vaporeon can only gain value while the other cards will likely drop in value in the short-term before they start to become more collectible. On top of that: the trade is very fair with current values.

Can someone please tell me why in Arceus' name has the price for Dragons Exalted booster boxes gone up? It wasn't a fantastic set and the best card wasn't even high in demand but boxes are like 150-200$.

MrSquarepants said:
Can someone please tell me why in Arceus' name has the price for Dragons Exalted booster boxes gone up? It wasn't a fantastic set and the best card wasn't even high in demand but boxes are like 150-200$.

I wondered this also. I did some research and you can find boxes for $120 on Amazon but that is still awfully high for a rather lackluster set. Perhaps some of the cards in the set are worth more now? I don't know individual prices like I used to: but boxes that are profitable to open usually jump a bit more quickly in price. Of course it could be that the Dragon hype led to a shortage in boxes. Take a look at the EX Dragon prices. It is a fairly average set without a single expensive card in it. Yet, the box has sold for $400-600 in sealed condition (right now I would say the market is slow for collectibles). All of this is pure conjecture but I agree with your point. I think Next Destinies would have been a better candidate for unreal price jumps given how playable Mewtwo EX was.

i have a charizard g lv. x tin sealed. how much is this worth right now? i see ebay has prices at 50-60 per tin, but is this realistic? what's it going for in reality?

edit: im curious because im considering opening the cards.

SoulWind said:
MrSquarepants said:

I wondered this also. I did some research and you can find boxes for $120 on Amazon but that is still awfully high for a rather lackluster set. Perhaps some of the cards in the set are worth more now? I don't know individual prices like I used to: but boxes that are profitable to open usually jump a bit more quickly in price. Of course it could be that the Dragon hype led to a shortage in boxes. Take a look at the EX Dragon prices. It is a fairly average set without a single expensive card in it. Yet, the box has sold for $400-600 in sealed condition (right now I would say the market is slow for collectibles). All of this is pure conjecture but I agree with your point. I think Next Destinies would have been a better candidate for unreal price jumps given how playable Mewtwo EX was.

Yea Mewtwo was the most expensive card in that set, so I had thought at some point in life that it would be like the new Unseen Forces, cause people went crazy for that Lugia ex and Gold Star Legendary Dogs/Cats/Beasts.

But the shinies were pretty crap quality for that set. Maybe people were buying Dragons Exalted for that shiny Rayquaza. But that means Plasma Storm or Flash Fire could be hard to get some time in the future. Wild Blaze boxes are going pretty quick but unlike the e-series days, there are a pretty good supply of boxes. For now.

1Pokemon_Master said:
i have a charizard g lv. x tin sealed. how much is this worth right now? i see ebay has prices at 50-60 per tin, but is this realistic? what's it going for in reality?

edit: im curious because im considering opening the cards.

It is worth so much more sealed.

You can find the Charizard G Lv. X and 4 packs fairly inexpensively. Since it is Charizard, I would keep it sealed. It is one of those items that might end up very difficult to come by in a few years.

I was looking through my old cards and found a Deoxys Ex Holon Phantoms. The card was holo but even his name Deoxys, was holo. The card has a white star and the words ex Holon Phantoms in the corner of the picture. My friend found a picture online but thats it. Does anyone have any ideas about it?

That would be a reverse holo. There were 4 different Deoxys in that set, and that was how reverse holos for rare holo cards were done in that era: foil name, logo in the image, white star for rarity.

Sadly, the cards are not worth all too much (a few bucks), but they're still cool nonetheless.

how much are base, jungle, fossil, and team rocket sets worth right now? i have 2-3 of each set complete and im thinking about ebaying them.

I found some cards while sorting that I would like some information and pricing on, if possible.

They are foil energy cards, English language. There is no set symbol, but the copyright is 2006 and there is a 9 digit code (xxx-xxx-xxx) in the bottom left corner of each card. I have two sets of 6 cards, one of each original energy type; one set is sealed in the original packaging, all cards in one clear plastic wrapper; the other set was opened (presumably to see what all the cards were) but have been sleeved.

I honestly have no idea where I got them from; must have been in some random promo thing I got.

Thanks in advance for any help! <3

That sounds like the Pikachu power pack. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond_%26_Pearl_TCG_Series_merchandise#Secret_Wonders_Deck_Pack

omahanime said:
That sounds like the Pikachu power pack. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond_%26_Pearl_TCG_Series_merchandise#Secret_Wonders_Deck_Pack

Yep, that's it! :D I found those for sale cheap on Ebay a couple years years and got one of each, Gible and Pikachu for ~$8 a pop or so. Camo also shared with me an on-going Ebay auction for the energy cards themselves; looks like the same ones I have, too. Kind of surprised by how much they're going for considering they're just energy, but I guess people like their shinies. :p

Back