Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

I asked my friends to bring their old cards to school so that I could buy theam cheap.

One of my friends showed up with a Crystal Charizard from Skyridge in mint condition in a sleeve and toploader.

Got it for 4 BUCKS! How much do you think I could sell it for?

Reggie McGigas said:
So in My Wild Blaze Box (60$) I got
Charizard EX
Kangaskhan EX
Toxicroak EX
8 Holos

Was the box worth it? The Charizard is obviously worth a lot but i'm not sure about the others.

You spent $60 on a Wild Blaze box? That in and of itself seems not worth it to me, considering the MSRP of a Japanese box is about $30 USD.

Athena is right. AmiAmi even sold them for about $25. I'm afraid you were totally ripped off :c

Wow. I tried using AmiAmi but the navigation on that site is terrible (took me around 15 minutes to find a wild blaze box) and they sell from japan and accept JPY only as far as I can tell. 0% chance I can buy from there.

I got the box from ebay, the cheapest was 55$ but it would ship in 3 weeks. Any sites that are convenient, easy (like Ebay), and give me good prices out there? I can only buy from the United States of America only if it makes a difference

EDIT: Amazon seems good.

With paypal you can just pay them in USD, like I pay them in euros. It converts automatically. And you just need to know where to look :3
Do you mind me asking why you don't buy from Japan? I buy from Japan all the time! Cheap shipping and awesome items <3

I can get my boxes for $30 SHIPPED, within two weeks. But that's the cheapest shipping option without any tracking. Nothing ever goes wrong though, AmiAmi packages their stuff really well.

Even when using more expensive shipping methods? I usually use SAL unregistered and it takes about 2 weeks and arrives here in perfect condition.

EMS usually gets you your items within 2-3 days and even if you pick EMS you won't have to spend $60 on a booster box. It's too bad they handle your packages so badly, the only thing I have to watch out for is customs ;.;

Well, it wasn't actually me, but a lot of people at my local pokemon club have gotten stiffed by japan sellers recently and warn others (like me) not to buy from japan sellers.

Anyways, I checked on Amazon and their stuff is a lot cheaper than ebay (my go to website for buying pokemon products) so I might switch over to amazon

Keep in mind, there's a very big difference between "sellers" (like Ebay sellers) and actual companies. AmiAmi is a business and does a lot of international shipping; they pack very well and I have never received a package from them in less than perfect condition, either when it's been shipped to Europe or to my old home in the States. I have had mixed results when buying from sellers over Ebay and such, but that goes for all countries, not just Japan.

Buying from the States, you're pretty much guaranteed to pay much more than you will from AmiAmi because people will jack up the price, partially to cover their own import fees, partially because it's an extra convenience for American buyers, and you always pay for convenience. To me, it was always a waste of money, but that's a choice you have to make for yourself.

How much would this all cost together?

4 Promo Deoxys EX
2 Thundurus EX Promo
4 Holo Plasma Kyurem
1 NFA Genesect EX

Riraito said:
With paypal you can just pay them in USD, like I pay them in euros. It converts automatically. And you just need to know where to look :3
Do you mind me asking why you don't buy from Japan? I buy from Japan all the time! Cheap shipping and awesome items <3

I can get my boxes for $30 SHIPPED, within two weeks. But that's the cheapest shipping option without any tracking. Nothing ever goes wrong though, AmiAmi packages their stuff really well.

Do you guys actually buy the japanese printed card version or do they also sell the english cards at amiami? Also how much is shipping usually to the US?

As far as I know they sell only Japanese cards.

You can check shipping rates here: http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html#2

Kaminokaze said:
Riraito said:

Do you guys actually buy the japanese printed card version or do they also sell the english cards at amiami? Also how much is shipping usually to the US?

omahanime said:
Shipping cost on 4 boxes

EMS : 3,840 JPY - $37.29
Air Small Packet : 2,970 JPY - $28.86
SAL Small Packet (Registered) : 2,390 JPY - $23.21
SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) : 1,980 JPY - $19.22
SAL Parcel : 3,735 JPY - $36.25

Bobmcdoogal said:
How much would this all cost together?

4 Promo Deoxys EX
2 Thundurus EX Promo
4 Holo Plasma Kyurem
1 NFA Genesect EX

Deoxys ($6-7 each, $24-28 for all)
Thundurus ($5 each, $10 for all)
Kyurem ($4-5 each, $16-20 for all)
Genesect EX ($20)

Total- $70-78 for all

How much would this Latios* be worth?

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

I have trouble putting prices on Gold Stars in general since their prices fluctuate a lot... but this one's particularly hard. Not only is it not NM (I'd probably say LP given the corner/edgewear), but it's also in German.

How much would a FA Darkrai EX 107/108 (from Dark explorers) be worth, if it's in played condition?

Edit: Also how much would a FA Keldeo EX 142/149 (from Boundaries Crossed) be worth, also in played condition?

Does anyone know the prices of the league promos from the 2009-2010 season and 2010-2011 season?
Specifically:

2009-2010 cycle
Rival Season: Snorlax and Uxie
Cyrus Season: Arcanine G and Dialga G
Cynthia Season: Milotic C and Claydol
Palmer Season: Dragonite FB and Roseanne's Research
Thorton Season: Skarmory FB and Felicity's Drawing
Dahlia Season: Dusknoir FB and Bebe's Search
Darach Season: Empoleon FB and Underground Expedition
Argenta Season: Butterfree FB and Warp Point

2010-2011 cycle

Ring Drop Season: Donphan and Spiritomb
Hurdle Dash Season: Crobat and Expert Belt
Snow Throw Season: Delibird and Azelf
Block Smash Season: Steelix and Special Metal Energy
Disc Catch Season: Houndoom and Special Darkness Energy
Snivy Season: Broken Time Space
Tepig Season: Copycat
Oshawott Season: Double Colorless Energy

In addition how much do the pins for the 08-09 SPT pins and the WINNER 2007 pin go for? Images of them below.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/6/6b/TCG_SPT_Championships_logo.png/180px-TCG_SPT_Championships_logo.png
http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c9129972ac85d6b1f4e703468e6b.r99.cf2.rackcdn.com/products/pictures/316475.jpg

So I was wondering, why do people trade for bulk? The reason I ask is because right now I'm trading 2000 un/commons for a Flashfire booster box, but why is that worth their while?

People who are willing to spend the time/effort can sell bulk in lots on Ebay and other such sites for higher profits.

Back