Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

From what I've seen, the intended consumer is parents buying gifts for kids. Getting a lot (with a guaranteed holo(s)!) of cards over Ebay can be cheaper than buying packs in store, and for kids who don't play and just like shiny cards and pretty pictures, it's a good value for the parents.

Yeah, I sell the bulk I get from booster boxes on Swedish ebay. Usually get 1-1,5SEK per card, so 2000 SEK would be around 300 dollars :) The people who buy are almost always parents. Not sure what bulk goes for on regular ebay thought, but if you buy cases of booster boxes to get them as cheap as possible and trade them for bulk I'm sure it can make some nice profit. Not sure if its worth all the work thought..

funibair said:
Hi all - here is my question

Is garchomp x for zekrom full card gold a good trade ?

Thank you in advance

The person getting the Gold Zekrom is getting WAY better trade

Garchomp lv X is worth like 4 bucks
Golden Zekrom is 25 bucks

yeahhh

What is the TRUE value of Base Set Charizard?

I'm a big Charizard collector and recently I have come across one of, if not THE most important cards of the collection:
1st Edition Base Set SHADOWLESS Charizard that is PSA grade 7.
I can't find anywhere online how much I should pay the guy for it so I figured I would ask the community their thoughts on the value of this gem. Please help me out!

RE: What is the TRUE value of Base Set Charizard?

TPZ said:
I'm a big Charizard collector and recently I have come across one of, if not THE most important cards of the collection:
1st Edition Base Set SHADOWLESS Charizard that is PSA grade 7.
I can't find anywhere online how much I should pay the guy for it so I figured I would ask the community their thoughts on the value of this gem. Please help me out!

Here are the recent sales on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=psa+1st+charizard+base&_sop=13

It looks like the card is worth about $400 USD. That is about what I would expect since I have seen PSA 8s sell around $500-600. Ungraded cards in PSA 7 quality often sell around the same price - except you don't have that guarantee that it is truly Near-Mint.

Reggie McGigas said:
funibair said:
Hi all - here is my question

Is garchomp x for zekrom full card gold a good trade ?

Thank you in advance

The person getting the Gold Zekrom is getting WAY better trade

Garchomp lv X is worth like 4 bucks
Golden Zekrom is 25 bucks

yeahhh

Thank you! It was my son that was going to be losing the Gold Zekrom. :)

Videoland said:
Yeah, I sell the bulk I get from booster boxes on Swedish ebay. Usually get 1-1,5SEK per card, so 2000 SEK would be around 300 dollars :) The people who buy are almost always parents. Not sure what bulk goes for on regular ebay thought, but if you buy cases of booster boxes to get them as cheap as possible and trade them for bulk I'm sure it can make some nice profit. Not sure if its worth all the work thought..

Do you list each card individually? Or put them on as a lot?

Could anyone help me price these cards?

GYM HEROES:

Blaine's Quiz #1 1st edition
Erika
Lt Surge
Good manners 1st edition
Misty's Wrath
Vermillion City Gym

GYM CHALLENGE:

Brock's Ninetakes 1st edition
Rocket's Mewtwo
Koga

Blaine's Ninetales
Brock's Dugtrio 1st edition
Giovanni Nidoqueen
Giovanni's Pinsir 1st edition
Sabrina's Gengar 1st edition
Sabrina's Golduck

Chaos Gym 1st edition
Erika's Kindness 1st edition
Giovanni
Gio's Last Resort 1st edition
Koga
Misty's Wish
Sabrina
Misty's Tears
Fervor

I received a random lot from ebay that included Misty's Tears original Japanese printing (the banned print). It is in a moderately played condition, no major creases or bends. Was wondering what it would be worth since it's artwork was later banned.

mistys-tear-scan.jpg

Jeremy1026 said:
I received a random lot from ebay that included Misty's Tears original Japanese printing (the banned print). It is in a moderately played condition, no major creases or bends. Was wondering what it would be worth since it's artwork was later banned.

mistys-tear-scan.jpg

I got one with a very minor bend in the top right corner, barely visible for 6 bucks at my local card shop. I've seen it recently going for any where between $8-$16.

Charizards in Flashfire and Wild Blaze

Hey everyone! So I know Charizard cards usually go up in price so I was wondering....
Would it be smart to hold on to the extra Charizard I have for quite a while, or trade/sell it now? Thanks! :D

Also, which Charizard do you think will out value the other, Charizard X or Y

That is all. Thanks!

RE: Charizards in Flashfire and Wild Blaze

CuriousCleffa said:
Hey everyone! So I know Charizard cards usually go up in price so I was wondering....
Would it be smart to hold on to the extra Charizard I have for quite a while, or trade/sell it now? Thanks! :D

That is all. Thanks!

I'd say hold on to them. But you could trade it/them for something you really want as well, since people are always looking for Charizards.

Knowing that most people prefer Charizard X, I'd say it will probably out value the Y version. It already has really. Worth nearly twice as much, at least the ones I see selling.

RE: Charizards in Flashfire and Wild Blaze

CuriousCleffa said:

That is all. Thanks!

Both are around the same. Y might be of a higher value, though, because it is at least playable compared to its counterpart which only has a slop attack.

Different Radiant Collection Foil Pattern?

I recently purchased a few packs of Legendary Treasures from Walmart, and the common RC cards had much different patterns than before. As far as I know, the common cards have a small star pattern, but these cards have a much different star pattern, consisting of different sized and shaped stars. I don't think they are fake cards, but I'm simply curious as to why they are different. I have attached images of one the one of the cards in question, a Minccino, as well as a shot of it and the "normal" RC Minccino that I already owned.
oppp8n.jpg

x3wtmt.jpg

RE: Different Radiant Collection Foil Pattern?

Welp guess i'll have to double check all my Radiant Collection cards for different patterns

Congrats on this discovery :)

That's neat! I went to check my extras as soon as I read this and found a snivy like that:

878704B8-BE90-4B7A-B333-11B596D36208_zpsivqk6szx.jpg

CA25D559-F5AB-4CFD-82AE-DB5ACF1DC2EF_zps3rtjy7mc.jpg

Yes, I noticed this a couple of months back. Only my Snivys seemed to have a different pattern though.

Back