Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

how about base set blastoise, venusaur, charizard?

^sorry i just didnt want to read the whole thread to find that lol. also full Darkrai Cresselia Legend?

uhhh....i have some more.

seeker, rescue, twins, PONT, aaaaand the um PK holo energies (i think there the Power Keeper ones.)

So... I just got a promo Shinx (DP #15), and the back was printed on upside down. How much?

~SS

@catutie – I am not familiar with those cards. Sorry :(

@Shiny Shinx – Apparently, the correct version is harder to get. I have seen this card range from as low as $5 to as high as $45. Average price ≈ $20 - $30.

Sadly, I do not know the price differences between the corrected version and the misprint version. In my experience, misprint cards with upside-down backings tend to go for slightly less. It depends on the card, though.

How much is the price of Donphan Prime and the Pikachu Holo from Pop 6 that's holding an Oran Berry. Thanks

Can I trouble you for the pricing on these?

HS Unleashed Lanturn Prime
HS Unleashed Crobat Prime
HS Unleashed Alph Lithograph
Great Encounters Darkrai Lv X

Thanks very much for your kind assistance!

@Psyphoon

Lanturn 2-4
Crobat 2-6 ??
Alph 2-3
Darkrai Promo is 3-5 , regular is 3-6

@Darkvoid57 – Donphan Prime has been mentioned quite a few times. Luckily, its price hasn't fluctuated too much. Currently, it ranges between $6 - $15, with the average ≈ $10; Pikachu Holo [POP 6] = $2 - $6.

Please remember if you are going to thank someone, do it in a pm.

I'm curious what is the value on the fan club umbreon? I been trying to get one but every seller on eBay thinks the value of the card is 2000USD. Would you pay this price and is it even worth that much? I thought it was worth around 300 USD. I message one of the seller and he claims he turned down a 1000 dollar offer on his umbreon as well.

I will post my collection as soon as I can get that umbreon, I almost completed the fan club eeveeloutions.

@IPG – LOL $300 I shouldn't laugh; it is quite possible to obtain this card for a low price...if you're lucky.

I believe there is no set price for Japanese 026/PLAY Umbreon ☆. I have seen a myriad of prices over the years...anywhere between $400 - $2,000....and even as high as $3,000. Currently, the average price is $1,000 – this is mainly based on the auction market and how it tends to allocate particular values. Japanese 026/PLAY Umbreon ☆ was rumored to only be made as it was requested. Its true value may be unknown, yet one thing is for certain – this card's price is easily in the hundreds.

In my opinion (and assuming I didn't already have it), I would never pay $2,000 - or even $1,000 for that card. I vowed to myself not to pay more than a specific price, because like many collectors – we have limits. Never stray too far from your original price limit :3

I have seen Umbreon ☆ being sold along with an entire PLAY collection for only $1,000 quite a few times. I recommend asking a seller if they're willing to sell cards individually; you never know, they might say yes :3

IPG said:
he turned down a 1000 dollar offer
*Facepalm* I would have accepted it in a heartbeat - unless I had paid that much in the first place. That's the appeal of profit, I suppose.

UPDATE – See Post # 977

Ah, the mysterious gray-scale misprint card. Since that post I have done my best in trying to research the card and its origins. I might have discovered a little something – it may not be much but it is there.

I found this discussion on PokéGym – it is dated fairly recently, first posted on February 1st, 2011.

Apparently, it is a known error. To summarize, it was a test print card that was printed on the final slots of uncut sheets to essentially fill any empty card spaces. They were intended to be destroyed after the cut, but obviously some were accidentally inserted into packs. The card is supposedly circa 1999-2000 – which makes it a card under the WOTC manufacture...who was known for quite a few errors. Nevertheless, only a few have ever been reported worldwide.

As for its value, I have no idea. It shares similarities with the blank fronts and pure holofoil fronts that are found these days, so they probably all shared the same purpose as “filler” cards. Most blank fronts are roughly $15 - $30, but because this “gray-scale” card is older, the discussion said it was worth $50. The owner of the card said they were planning on selling it to a local comic book shop for $160. Unfortunately, I don't know how much the store owner would have charged for it. I have never seen this card before GreenLantern had mentioned it. In any case, it's quite the find!

How much would a complete set of Base set holos which are erroneously square-cut be worth? Thanks in advance!

How much is a Gigas Drag off worth? And a call energy (Both RH and non reverse)

@CMP – I have only seen a couple Base Set (Square Cut, Unlimited) sets, both between $500 - $600. Individual card prices vary. They have been as low as $8 for 3 SC Holos to as high as $50 per SC Holo. There is a set currently on eBay with less than an hour left if you're interested.

@Lunistrella – See Post #968 for the Regigigas DP40 Promo. I am not familiar with the Call Energy, sorry :(

Just paid $99.00 for a Grand Party PSA 10 card. Was it worth it? I was told it is value around 50-70 dollars.

@IPG - $99 for a 1999 Grand Party [PSA 10] is a good price. It is common for a Grand Party [PSA 10] to be in between $160 - $250; the highest is $400, but that's a bit inflated. Its value is $50 - $70 if it is not graded.

I've got one for you guys. Found this tonight in a few boosters from Wal Mart. Any ideas?
Photo03152047.jpg

Back