Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

Frost said:
Hyunbin said:
Prices for the Lapras, Shuckle and Wobbuffet L-P promos?
It seems like Shuckle just got more expensive recently.. or is it just me? o.o

Shuckle's always been expensive because, for whatever reason, most of the usual online sites that sell cards don't have it. But now it's even worse due to Emboar's Inferno Fandango combo with the Shuckle's Body/Power.

They go for at LEAST $5 on eBay right now, if not more. If you can find the Undaunted Blister at Target, you might as well just get that instead of trying to get Shuckle singularly.

I was asking about the Japanese promos.

Oh, sorry. :(

Still, if the Japanese Shuckle is still playable in Japan, Emboar's Ability is probably the reason why the price has gone up.

How much is this Shining Raichu card worth? I was going through my old card and found it!

Here is a pic!
Shiningraichu2.jpg

Source: Bulbapedia

If it is in MINT condition, about 14-20$
I would be interested in trading too if it is mint haha :]

safariblade said:
If it is in MINT condition, about 14-20$
I would be interested in trading too if it is mint haha :]

Sorry, not looking to trade, but thanks for the info!

No problem!

I have a question of my own...
Would a set of every Common/Uncommon in CoL be worth $7?

How much are these worth?
1st edition Neo genesis packs
1st edition Neo revelation packs
1st edition Neo discovery packs
and 1st edition Neo destiny

e5charizard089.jpg

Can anyone tell me how much:

'1st Edition Crystal Charizard Japanese Pokemon Card from E Skyridge'

is worth?

Also, I've been told 1st edition was never made in English Skyridge, but can anyone confirm if 1st edition Skyridge was made in Japanese?

Thanks.

@Becky I saw a japanese first edition crystal charizard go on Ebay for £100 ($165). Skyridge was made in 1st edition in japanese but no english 1st edition skyridge set was made. Hope this helps.

shinyluxray said:
@Becky I saw a japanese first edition crystal charizard go on Ebay for £100 ($165). Skyridge was made in 1st edition in japanese but no english 1st edition skyridge set was made. Hope this helps.

Hi,

I just won one on eBay around 2 hours ago for £100, this is probably the one your referring to?

I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not, but I can't find this card for sale on any of the 'well known' valuation/pokemon trading card sites.

Would appreciate if other people could also add a value of the card in mention or any links to it for sale on sites?

Thanks

Value on rare cards always fluctuates. The "value" of rare and elusive cards is relative and has no set value other than what someone wants to pay for it or at what price the person who's selling it is willing to part with it at. It's very hard to say what is a good deal and what isn't since demand changes so much. It might sell for $20 tomorrow and $200 the next, you can never know.

Needless to say the Japanese crystal charizard is a great addition to any collection. Whether or not it was a good deal is really you're own opinion.

safariblade said:
I have a question of my own...
Would a set of every Common/Uncommon in CoL be worth $7?
All are non-holo.
What do you guys think?

Aphotic said:
Value on rare cards always fluctuates. The "value" of rare and elusive cards is relative and has no set value other than what someone wants to pay for it or at what price the person who's selling it is willing to part with it at. It's very hard to say what is a good deal and what isn't since demand changes so much. It might sell for $20 tomorrow and $200 the next, you can never know.

Needless to say the Japanese crystal charizard is a great addition to any collection. Whether or not it was a good deal is really you're own opinion.

I see what you mean.

I've looked everywhere to try and see what the 'well known' sites sell the Japanese Crystal Charizard 1st Edition for, but none seem to have it.

I'm not sure if £100/$165 is a good price, but like you said it's a great addition to any collection.

If anyone else knows of a price, please let me know.

Thanks.

The problem with crystal cards were that they were one in every two boxes in Japan, and those boxes, at least these days, are an utter horror to find at any decent price, plus the random factor meaning you might not even get a 'zard.

Honestly, for $165, you can make a low offer on a full set than just that one card. I scored my E5 series set in 1st edition for $120 three-four years ago, with all crystal cards. Try to keep an eye out for a better deal if you're price conscious. The annoying problem is everyone still thinks of Charizard as a fad-mon, so they are trying to gouge on something that shouldn't be that expensive.

Thanks Viper-Fox.

I'd imagine 3-4 years ago there were more of them about? Since then some have probably been damaged/lost/played etc?

Do you have a link for a full set for sale at around $165? Unless I'm looking in the wrong places I can't find them for sale anywhere, I also can't find the Charizard anywhere with a buy it now price.

I also have 1st edition Japanese Crysal Ho-Oh and Lugia.

Thanks.

There weren't really more around, it was more the JP collecting market for non-JP collectors was.. still very small. At least compared to now, anyway. I got real lucky with my snag on that, and I'm still amazed to this day that I got it at such a good price.

I don't have any current auction links for a set, but one set of e2 just went for $175 on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Complete-2002-Japanese-E2-Expansion-Set-w-Holos-/370314146127?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563871714f ). Given e2 to e5 retain a similar core value, that's pretty awesome. I'll keep my eyes peeled, if I see a 'zard or an e5 set going for a good rate I'll let you know.

Back