XY Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

Chandelure said:
Am I the only one angry that they missed the opportunity to call Pangoro/Goronda PANDAMONIUM!?

Pandamonia is officially gonna be the name of any Naughty nature female Pancham I get now lol

RE: Huge scoop in August! Z to release with X and Y?!

Pineapple X said:
Teal said:

Yeah, thanks. :D I'd say that's X and Y's names origin.

There are DNA symbols in the Japanese titles for X and Y: http://i.imgur.com/nZmxNCI.jpg

This means that, though they are 3D games, the names themselves are more largely DNA-themed than axis-themed, so it seems to have more to do with biology than geometry.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Maybe.... they will reveal.... POKEMON RSE REMAKE!!!!!1!!!!
Yeah, they're gonna start another project when X and Y are late in development. Makes perfect sense.
pls go, the door is that way ----->

It makes sense to showcase a load of new X and Y info a couple months before release...it'd win over undecided or unaware folk at the last moment. Only question is what.
We've already seen a minigame that's supposed to help EV train, battles that take place in the sky with dynamic camera angles, and an entirely new type. Not sure what else they could introduce that will win over people if they haven't already.

don()shinobi said:
We've already seen a minigame that's supposed to help EV train
Wait... we have already seen that? Or do you mean Amie?

They might be completely exaggerating. Remember when they promised a whole bunch of new info in the issue after Sylveon's reveal? We got absolutely nothing. So I don't expect anything too revolutionary.

They may reveal the starter evolutions early, since that has never happened before and could qualify for something groundbreaking in news trends. Or they could reveal more legendaries and some lore about the region.

The most likely would be evolutions and pre-evolutions for old Pokemon and new evolution methods, however. They would say something like "Amazing, the Return of Old Faces with New Twists!" or some weird stuff like that. Perhaps the reveal of some new plot info? Otherwise, don't expect too much that would blow your mind.

don()shinobi said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
Maybe.... they will reveal.... POKEMON RSE REMAKE!!!!!1!!!!
Yeah, they're gonna start another project when X and Y are late in development. Makes perfect sense.
pls go, the door is that way ----->

It makes sense to showcase a load of new X and Y info a couple months before release...it'd win over undecided or unaware folk at the last moment. Only question is what.
We've already seen a minigame that's supposed to help EV train, battles that take place in the sky with dynamic camera angles, and an entirely new type. Not sure what else they could introduce that will win over people if they haven't already.

You do know that the RSE thing is a joke right? The joke itself is about as old as saying that Fennekin/any other Fire type starter will evolve to be Fire/Fighting.

But anyway, I think that it will reveal the 2nd supposed Mewtwo form that has been rumored to exist. That and possibly a few more version exclusives. Honestly, let's not expect too much.

don()shinobi said:
Evidence points to Pokemon-Aime being the EV-training minigame.
Nah, Amie does some other stuff, check out the xy website for more. The minigame was described differently.

Inferchomp said:
What if it's Pokémon Snap 2?

(^_^) I hope so
Well, XY has a camera, it could advertise a new Snap or there could be a "Snap" minigame in XY where you can photograph Pokémon in the wild.

What I think/hope will be revealed:
>More info on the Mewtwo forme (type, how it came into being, height, weight, etc...)
>Reveal of the 2nd "Mew-like" Mewtwo forme, possibly just the silhouette of it
>First evolution of the starters
>Info on the new tree-like Pokemon
>Possibly the Sableye evolution (as well as the Mawile evo)?
>Leader of Team Flare, as well as more info on what they do, other than just "get ALL the money"
>Some more context on the DNA theme and how it is important to the plot (probably involves Team Flare)
>More stuff about the pre-order bonus figures and any other pre-order bonuses
>Possibly even more new Pokemon
>Something that none of us could of ever guessed

Teal said:
Inferchomp said:

(^_^) I hope so
Well, XY has a camera, it could advertise a new Snap or there could be a "Snap" minigame in XY where you can photograph Pokémon in the wild.

That sounds awesome. x3 I would love this.

Teal said:
Inferchomp said:

(^_^) I hope so

Yep. As soon as I read that I instantly thought of a Snap 2 game, but it's highly unlikely.

AtmosphericThunder said:
Pineapple X said:
Yeah, thanks. :D I'd say that's X and Y's names origin.

There are DNA symbols in the Japanese titles for X and Y: http://i.imgur.com/nZmxNCI.jpg

This means that, though they are 3D games, the names themselves are more largely DNA-themed than axis-themed, so it seems to have more to do with biology than geometry.

I always thought that they were only gonna be based on DNA cause of the symbol in the Japanese logo. But what if X & Y are incorporating everything X & Y. Like DNA, axis, names, and sexes?

I don't think they would limit themselves to only one theme.

i feel it's obvious just like pokemonamie. sounds like a Wii U port

* 3d models to show off
* dual screen / touch / gyro tech already there
* possibility for multiplayer shenanigans
* possibility for enhanced battle view (freelook?)
* possibility for more content (tho fire emblem had bitchin cutscenes; thats one thing that would be awesome to see on the 3ds)

Inferchomp said:

(^_^) I hope so

I would want a Pokemon colosseum 3 before we get a pokemon Snap 2 though. Seriously think about it, didn't a new guy say that he was going to continue Cipher's plans?

Can anyone say Shadow Arceus, shadow creation trio, or shadow tao trio?

If the big scoop is a sequel to XD gale of Darkness lets just say I will crap my pants ok?

Raptor9229 said:
Inferchomp said:
A new eeveelution? Another Mewtwo forme? A POKEMON MMORPG?!

Not sure, but it better be good to be considered the "scoop of the century."

Be hilarious if the big reveal is a new pokemon colosseum sequel. At the end of XD Gale of Darkness if I am not mistaken a new guy takes over as leader of Cipher and announces plans to continue with their goals of conquest. Why have we not gotten a third game in that series?

You're mistaken.

Anyway maybe it'll be some end-game facility or something.

Fee said:
Raptor9229 said:
Be hilarious if the big reveal is a new pokemon colosseum sequel. At the end of XD Gale of Darkness if I am not mistaken a new guy takes over as leader of Cipher and announces plans to continue with their goals of conquest. Why have we not gotten a third game in that series?

You're mistaken.

Anyway maybe it'll be some end-game facility or something.

I would take another pokemon stadium sequel over Colosseum.
Anyway I hope they reveal a dragon eeveelution and a better explanation of the ride-able pokemon.

Back