XY Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

This could be our final hope with a ruby/sapphire remake within gen 5. you know to occupy fans until x and y come out. seems unlikely, but I'm hoping still

I highly doubt that this is likely, but I would love it if they announce that the Pokemon League has been changed to resemble the anime. So now you have to battle in a tournament first and then if you beat that you are allowed to challenge the Elite Four and then the Champion!

Yes, I know that won't be the announcement but a man can dream...a man can dream...

Maybe revealing that we will be able to obtain Kanto starters and also evolutions and pre-evolutions for previous generation pokemon.

Raptor9229 said:
Inferchomp said:
What if it's Pokémon Snap 2?

(^_^) I hope so

I would want a Pokemon colosseum 3 before we get a pokemon Snap 2 though. Seriously think about it, didn't a new guy say that he was going to continue Cipher's plans?

Can anyone say Shadow Arceus, shadow creation trio, or shadow tao trio?

If the big scoop is a sequel to XD gale of Darkness lets just say I will crap my pants ok?
holy crap i would definately get that and would probably be more interested in it those games were awesome:D

TheFirePenguin said:
This could be our final hope with a ruby/sapphire remake within gen 5. you know to occupy fans until x and y come out. seems unlikely, but I'm hoping still

XY is coming out in october. We are more occupied than ever. I don't believe you are serious.

TheFirePenguin said:

If they intend to release an R/S/E remake, then you can bet that it'll be 3DS exclusive.
Plus if it were to be revealed, I'd imagine that the release date would probably be sometime Spring 2014. They wouldn't have it being released very soon after X/Y, it'd steal the thunder from the highly-anticipated 6th generation, which is the first main series game to utilize 3D.
(It wouldn't be gen.5 either, that's come to the end of its time. The DS is very outdated - B/W2, released last October, were one of the last games to be released for the DS. There's no way that they'd announce a new DS game now.)

Although an announcement would be nice (and some people are seriously expecting it), I'd think that they'd want to do it a couple months after X/Y have been released, to be able to give proper attention to the remakes and not have them being a side project.

back on topic:
This could be the 2nd Mewtwo forme. There's so much we don't know about its current new forme, so an issue with all the details about both its new formes would be nice.
(plus I bet people who haven't heard about the rumors would never expect Mewtwo to have a second new forme)

The scoop could release information on the story line, The complete set of Gym Leaders, Elite Four and the Champion, or just new Pokemon. It could also release new features in the game, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing it!

Maybe XY will have room for downloadable updates and new pokemon can finally be released even *between* main games? That's been an obvious thing to do with the franchise since wi-fi became a widely implemented part of gaming.

A little batch of new pokemon per year, or one a week, or one evolutionary line a month, until full size generations come out every 3-5 years as usual?

I really hope they show the starter evolution's in the "big scoop". I am choosing Chespin no matter what because it just looks so awesome! (even if it evolves into a flying sausage with a green hat)

I agree with what some people are saying. I do think that they will reveal older Pokemon with new evolution's. I have no idea what they may be but for some reason I have a very strong feeling that Sableye will get an evo :)

It might a list of all the Pokémon that will gain the Fairy-type...

Maybe the big scoop is that Pikachu is Fairy ;D

(Jk, although would make it less pointless...)

I really, really hope that they elaborate more on this "Super-Training" thing. I think the rumor is that it is the minigame that helps with EVs. But I really hope its a sparring mechanism too, and levels them up since I can't rematch trainers.

But, considering it may not be the biggest scoop, I think they may not touch on Super-Training, and instead reveal another Legendary Pokemon or the second Mewtwo form.

I just think the huge scoop will be the updated Type Chart with Fairy Types weaknesses and resistances and maybe even some changes to other types weakness and resistances as well. I also think they will give us the official list of older pokemon who have been changed to Fairy type and I have my fingers crossed for a few though they are all reaches in my opinion: Vulpix, Ninetales, Absol, Milotic, Glalie, Whimsicott, Mienfoo and Mienshao.

I would love it if they announced that you would be able to explore more regions in X and Y. The insider who leaked all of the X/Y info said that you would be able to choose a Kanto starter of your own later in the games, so maybe that means you will be able to visit Kanto after you beat the elite four? One thing I've always wanted was for the core games to be longer - I think I beat Black2 in about a weeks time at maybe 2-3 hours a day, it just isn't enough time.

mastermagpie said:

Can you imagine the shock on Ash's face?

Lex said:
mastermagpie said:

Can you imagine the shock on Ash's face?

Yes. maybe the shock causes him to finally leave that darn thing home and get some decent pokemon whose levels don't reset every time there's a new region (or episode, for that matter).

Scoop of the century, yeah, right. You guys obviously don't know Japanese, they tend to exaggerate. Just look at Pokemon Smash. But I guess some people just love to let their imagination run wild.

jstar21 said:
I just think the huge scoop will be the updated Type Chart with Fairy Types weaknesses and resistances and maybe even some changes to other types weakness and resistances as well.

Damn that'd be nice.

Otherwise they'll want to "balance the type chart" again anyway due to Ice being so fragile...and Id hate to see addition of new types becoming something regular lol (especially if its solely to address issues that could be fixed by changed a few resistances around..), the thematic coverage is now as perfect as it could ever be.

Mitja said:
jstar21 said:
I just think the huge scoop will be the updated Type Chart with Fairy Types weaknesses and resistances and maybe even some changes to other types weakness and resistances as well.

Damn that'd be nice.

Otherwise they'll want to "balance the type chart" again anyway due to Ice being so fragile...and Id hate to see addition of new types becoming something regular lol (especially if its solely to address issues that could be fixed by changed a few resistances around..), the thematic coverage is now as perfect as it could ever be.

I agree, yet sadly I have a gut feeling that we will ultimately get one more type because GF seems to enjoy making trinities when it comes to types so if Fairy is immune to Dragon attacks like the rumors say, then there will most likely be a new type later that is immune to Fairy but Dragons will be immune to it.

RE: Huge scoop in August! Z to release with X and Y?!

jtauro92 said:
Fee said:
You're mistaken.

Anyway maybe it'll be some end-game facility or something.
Anyway I hope they reveal a dragon eeveelution and a better explanation of the ride-able pokemon.

Usually the eevee's releases is the first one is weak against the second, espeon and umbreon, leafeon and Glaceon, so.....wouldnt the next one be poison or steel.

jstar21 said:
Mitja said:
Damn that'd be nice.

I agree, yet sadly I have a gut feeling that we will ultimately get one more type because GF seems to enjoy making trinities when it comes to types so if Fairy is immune to Dragon attacks like the rumors say, then there will most likely be a new type later that is immune to Fairy but Dragons will be immune to it.

I doubt we'll see a second new type for the 6th gen; there's been absolutely no hint towards a second (and anyone that says 4chan is likely correct about the Echo type is a fool).
If we got a second Eeveelution alongside Sylveon who's type was obscure, then it might be a suggestion. But so far, there's been nothing like that.

I'm thinking it's either gonna be the full type details of the Fairy type, the rumoured 2nd Mewtwo forme (and since according to the movie, the current forme is some kind of speed thing, I'm thinking a defensive one. The current one would have mixed attacking stats) or the starter evolutions.

p.s. I love your sig, Froakie for life :)

Back