I pulled something cool from a booster pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The "I pulled something cool" topic.

CarlosDuranJr said:
Expensive attack, common weakness, and heavy retreat.

And I have two, one isn't that bad (as I collect (a bit)), so I was disappointed when no. 2 arrived instead of Entei/Darkrai/Tornadus/Raikou EX (Groudon was pulled though)

Just today bought a Next Destinies Riolu blister.
Pack 1-Nothing
Pack 2- Non-Holo Zekrom
Pack 3- My first pack EX- Kyurem regular!

Alllrigghhttyy....This is the best place I found to post this, so I guess I'll just post it here.

My friend got about 20 packs or so from an arcade from the first BW set.

The cards had a very suspicious look and feel to them, along with a lot of other things. I'll post the pictures below.

n16vcl.jpg

Notice the yellow border surrounding it. According to what I know, FA Zekrom and Reshiram have shiny black borders. The rest of the card is also supposed to be shiny, which it isn't for either of them. Also, the ultra rare stare at the bottom is overly large and isn't shiny. It's also black instead of silver.

262761f.jpg

Notice the holo lines in the backround. They aren't shiny. They're simply there and dull, almost as if copied from the actual card onto another piece of paper.

16apavs.jpg

Isn't this card supposed to be shiny? I'm not sure if the picture depicts it very well, but it's not shiny at all.

21dkgzp.jpg

...I don't think this card was ever printed in holo.

To add on to all of this, all of the cards also felt very strange (a thick scratchy cardboard type feel), not like normal Pokemon cards , and all of the cards had miscut borders on the back (one blue border was almost twice as thick as the other side).

Even more suspiscious, my friend got 3 FA Zekrom, 1 FA Reshiram, and 3 secret rare Pikachu's out of 20 packs, which seems extremely unlikely.

Are these cards fake? Or are they all just badly miscut? Thanks in advance.

Definitely fake. Sorry for your friend's loss.

Yea those are definitely fake. I've seen the "fake" booster packs and they almost always have much better pull rates than regular ones. My brother got some for free and he was getting 2-3 Primes in a single booster pack sometimes. They also feel very different like you said.

Sorry to hear about the loss. :(

I thought as much. Thanks for letting me know, I'll go tell my friend. Do you think I could get the arcade that sold these in trouble for this?

Blah said:
I thought as much. Thanks for letting me know, I'll go tell my friend. Do you think I could get the arcade that sold these in trouble for this?

Definitely. They're counterfeit cards and you could get them in A LOT of trouble. I'd be careful how you go about it though. They might not even know they were selling fake cards. :p

Blah said:

Support.pokemon.com there is a section for reporting counterfeit cards. They sometimes ask for the cards. I'd keep the holo vulaby just cuz it's cool though.

i pulled the following in 1 de pack
rare candy
cofagrigus
reverse eelektross
sableye

Opened two DEX packs the other day. First one came with dark type bisharp and no RH... I was like "lame..." So I opened the other and got... The steel type bisharp and no RH. Loli have awful luck sometimes.

This wasn't my pull. So yesterday at league a kid bought or traded for 5 packs. He is friends with this one girl so he gives her a pack. He pulls=Junk
She pulls=FA Tornadus EX. lololololol

One pack of Dark Explorers at Target, one FA Darkrai EX. Need I say more?

Bought a Kyurem tin and the Zoroark theme deck for 35NZD (27USD), pulled a Mewtwo EX.

In my two packs for 3rd yesterday I got FA Kyogre.

My one friend bought a Kyurem tin to give the Kyurem to her friend, and she pulled FA Terrakion and FA Shaymin EX.

My grandpa bought me 10 Packs= FA Groudon EX. I got third in a small league tourney and got 1 pack= Groudon EX. Lols because they were from the same box :p

Got a Victini tin, out of it was:
-Holo Hydreigon
-Holo Haxorus
-Reverse Virizion
-Reverse Durant
-Reverse N

Plus Eelektrik, another Durant and Eviolite. Fun tin all around although for some reason I got tons of Tynamo, Petlil and Litwick lol

Opened 4 DE packs yesterday, got nothing great so went back and picked out one NXD and another DE out of the box, Full art Kyurem EX and Full art Tornadus EX :)

Not a great pull or anything, but once I opened a Secret Wonders pack. When I opened it, the reverse (a normally holo Ambipom) came packaged backwards. (as in, the back of the card was facing the front) It was kinda interesting. I've also got a miscut or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back