Pokemon Is the 4th generation overrated?

Is the 4th generation overrated?

• Totally!! Its just the same as any other reigon!

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Nope - It deserves to be as it is

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raichupika33

Loving Wifi in my life...
I find that the 4th generation is overrated compared to the other reigons, it doesn't even seem it is Pokemon anymore...

EDIT - Reply to say you're favourite reigon and I will list you're name.

Kanto Fans - Raichupika33

Johto Fans - SixaxiS

Hoenn Fans -

Sinnoh Fans - FireMeowth

I really don't think it is overrated, people could say that about any region or anything for that matter.Although I will agree it does seem to be different than the other ones.

Maybe to most people, I'ts over rated, but to serious gamerz, It is heaven, on a stick.

Xadika said:
I haven't played them in the games, however, I do feel like perhaps they're starting to run out of themes for all powerful Pokémon. It seems like perhaps a lot of them are a little overdesigned.

I fell like they did a bad job with the designs for the Pokemon.

I think you may find it overating cause it's got too many evolutions in it and babys that are not needed.

Juliacoolo said:
Maybe to most people, I'ts over rated, but to serious gamerz, It is heaven, on a stick.

To serious, advanced, and experienced gamers, with even more life experience, not even FR/LG can compare to the R/B/Y versions

So...In my opinion, and most likely alot of opinions of others like me (though i still speak for myself), the 4th generation and their designers deserve to burn! :shy:

I enjoyed the 4th gen games for about a week when i realized it was crud, after that i merely got addicted to the Wi-Fi part of the game, which i got tired of after about 3 months total.

SixaxiS said:
Juliacoolo said:

To serious, advanced, and experienced gamers, with even more life experience, not even FR/LG can compare to the R/B/Y versions

So...In my opinion, and most likely alot of opinions of others like me (though I still speak for myself), the 4th generation and their designers deserve to burn! :shy:

I enjoyed the 4th gen games for about a week when I realized it was crud, after that I merely got addicted to the Wi-Fi part of the game, which I got tired of after about 3 months total.

I was actually quite disappointed with the 4th generation!

I'm mostly reffering to Dialga and Palkia...

They're like robots, when i first saw them without knowing the game's plot, i thought they were machines made by Team Galactic!

Oh, and their names? Real original! ._.

I actually hated the generation when it came out; I tried playing it but I didn't like the starter designs, so I didn't play it. :|

About a year later, I find myself obsessing over the game; right now, I'm even EV training a team, with half of the Pokemon being from the 4th gen. I am slowly falling in love with the legendaries, except Palkia... xD (I have never really liked legendaries that much :p) And other than the sort of dumb evolutions that they created (like Magmortar and Electivire), I am totally loving this generation.

Of course, it is a bit slow... :s After play RSE and FRLG, the speediest games evur, this one feels like I'm going a mile an hour. However, Platinum totally fixes this so I can't really diss the game. I'm starting to get into Wi-fi stuff now, too, which is really fun :D

They need to start making the Pokemon look more like animals again. Things like Dialga and Palkia are ridiculous, and I would much rather a Metapod over a Giratina anyday.

I believe that Diamond and Pearl were slightly overrated, but still somewhat enjoyable. The PokéRadar was a great asset to start off my shiny hunting, but also ruins the value of shinies. Platinum, though, was definitely not overrated. It featured more, and had some nice upgrades. I hope that the Fifth Generation can still improve, as there was still room, but anything such as this would still be enjoyable.

I don't really like the pokemon but I do like the buildings and the gameplay. Also the moves are very good.

You know what bothers me most? The useless upgrades they made. The Pokétch is obviously a lame excuse to make the touch screen "useful" when playing.

Then there's the outragious downgrades they made. Like, what the hell happened to the Item Storage system? You'd have to keep the 16 Arceus plates on you at all times should you ever get an Arceus. There's countless new items in the 4th gen that you have to keep in your backpack all the time because you can't just throw them away. (reffering mostly to Power Items for EV training)

SixaxiS said:
You know what bothers me most? The useless upgrades they made. The Pokétch is obviously a lame excuse to make the touch screen "useful" when playing.

Then there's the outragious downgrades they made. Like, what the heck happened to the Item Storage system? You'd have to keep the 16 Arceus plates on you at all times should you ever get an Arceus. There's countless new items in the 4th gen that you have to keep in your backpack all the time because you can't just throw them away. (reffering mostly to Power Items for EV training)

Yea they were hungry for touch screen I agree, what happened to the poke'gear? That was awsome! Instead they have a watch :/ Also some of the App's I don't even use :p

Kanto and Johto is all we ever needed >=|
Sinnoh: 1/10, and that's pushing it.

inspiration for Sinnoh? they didn't even bother THINKING of a new region!
[attachment=4954]

looks familiar, doesn't it?

Attachments

• Hokkaido.jpg
    Hokkaido.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 13
Back