JD Vance Tells Son, a Pokemon TCG Fan, to “Shut the Hell Up” About Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Kamala Harris & other Marxist Democrats are not a threat?

And Trump and other fascist republicans who who want to privatize public schools, implement treatment limits for non-privatized healthcare, cut veteran benefits (benefits that we signed a blank check for), and all the horrible stuff they want to do to the LGBTQ community.

That’s not a threat?

Some people are reading *too far* into this. It’s just a quip. My parents were the same way when I was a kid, especially as a teenager who was still into the franchise at its “low point” around 2003-2006.

This was literally every late 90s/early 00s parent who had a kid into Pokémon.

Now I’m going into my mid 30’s and it’s no secret that I never grew out of it. Now I just enjoy it with my niece who likes Pikachu and Eevee and anything cute.

And Trump and other fascist republicans who who want to privatize public schools, implement treatment limits for non-privatized healthcare, cut veteran benefits (benefits that we signed a blank check for), and all the horrible stuff they want to do to the LGBTQ community.

That’s not a threat?
Exactly. This isn't just "bothersome politics that people can disagree on", it's literally fighting an existential threat.

implement treatment limits for non-privatized healthcare
I've gotta jump into the non-pokemon portion of this just to point out that there are already (and have been for decades) treatment limits for public funded healthcare. I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but only to point out that it is not a new thing. I was writing a bunch more, but I just don't want to come across as rude or dismissive, because I'm certainly not.

Why Vance would say this I have no idea. Pikachu is very popular and something like this might rub some people the wrong way. Still, it’s not as bad as Biden’s public opposition to Bitcoin/Crypto. Now THAT is a real way to have people vote against you. Now that Harris has been dusted off the basement though maybe they will change their stance, who knows. Still, Pikachu would be pro-Bitcoin, I’m sure of it. And it’s time for Ash to get a new cap this November anyways.

My god, this will be one hell of a topic next week on the podcast...

As WPM already explained, he has been reporting anything Pokemon related for the last 21 years. He has written about political figures that reference the Pokemon franchise in any way before and I don't see a reason why he should stop in the future, as all his articles are always as neutral and informative as possible.

That's why I don't get why certain people take this report about Vance so seriously, as it's something that he himself told publicly on a podcast. WPM is therefore not "uncovering" something "secret" or spreading misinformation about a political figure.

This whole election campaign has been blown totally out of proportion, resulting in two parties that will feel offended by the slightest mention of their politicians that isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
I personally believe that WPM had no intention of making this about a certain political party, but instead simply wanted to report about this, as he usually does when something Pokemon happens.

So please remember this is fact, not fiction, and don't go insult people for their work that you can enjoy for free.

I've gotta jump into the non-pokemon portion of this just to point out that there are already (and have been for decades) treatment limits for public funded healthcare. I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but only to point out that it is not a new thing. I was writing a bunch more, but I just don't want to come across as rude or dismissive, because I'm certainly not.

You’re all good.

If I’m reading the passages correctly, they want to put a time cap of a max of 10 years for anyone on Medicare for anything. Regardless if it’s a chronic condition.

And I’m a veteran, and they will absolutely gut the VA (close down facilities, privatize Tricare, make it even more difficult to make claims, close down certain clinics and outpatient programs, cut retirement and disability benefits.

They already tried blocking PACT Act, I’m still salty that they attempted to do that—and then pass it with zero alterations to the bill.

Oh, and because this is a Pokémon forum, Spinda is punk.

Last edited:
This is more or less a case study of American politics these days. Mention it anywhere and out comes the offended, new accounts, yelling at each other, and people arguing with what is essentially a wall since almost everyone's mind is made up.

I bet if the article was American Politician mentions Pokemon with no names mentioned or what was said we would still have arguements in the comments section.

wow... this is pretty low to be posting Political garbage on a Pokemon site...
dont pull that, Its our site, we can post what we want.
and dont play the its satire because its pokemon related.
this is literal Trump hate trolling.

Compared to literally anything and everything else that has been going on in the Trump cinematic universe, “Pikachu-gate” is literally the tamest thing that has emerged from it. Tame enough that it’s really ridiculous, especially coming from a VP candidate

Still, it’s not as bad as Biden’s public opposition to Bitcoin/Crypto. Now THAT is a real way to have people vote against you.

The Venn diagram of republicans and crypto is nearly a circle. I highly doubt Biden suddenly being pro-crypto would move the needle

Why Vance would say this I have no idea.
Because JD Vance couches a lot of weird thoughts and ideology

Last edited:
wow... this is pretty low to be posting Political garbage on a Pokemon site...
dont pull that, Its our site, we can post what we want.
and dont play the its satire because its pokemon related.
this is literal Trump hate trolling.
The article is a factual account of a major American figure referencing the Pokémon franchise -- it's literally a story J.D. Vance shared about himself on a podcast he was a guest on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back