JD Vance Tells Son, a Pokemon TCG Fan, to “Shut the Hell Up” About Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most intriguing part is WPM himself swearing to keep every single one of these comments up as a sort of museum exhibit on what has happened between politically-themed articles THEN and politically-themed articles NOW. Well, NOW it looks like a variety show whereas it may have looked like a quiet public library THEN! For the times they are a-changing...

The most intriguing part is WPM himself swearing to keep every single one of these comments up as a sort of museum exhibit on what has happened between politically-themed articles THEN and politically-themed articles NOW. Well, NOW it looks like a variety show whereas it may have looked like a quiet public library THEN! For the times they are a-changing...
Indeed. I’m appreciating all the people making crappy pokemon politics puns in the wake of this arguement, I couldn’t care less about what they’re talking about. I appreciated the funny’s here. Why can’t more people just appreciate the funny’s.

My Pokemon reporting hasn't really changed in 21 years, but people's responses definitely have. Would make for an insightful research article. Along with reader's attention spans dropping.
An interesting social experiment would be archiving this article and publishing an otherwise-identical one with the title "Latest mention of Pokémon in the Pop Culture-Political Sphere" to see what comments the second article gets. Then you could compare the two article's comments section in your research article.
Then again, at 7 pages of comments, this discussion may have spun itself too far out for such a social experiment to prove a productive use of your time.

OK, but you’re posting this as a negative light to one of the candidates, so I hope you are expecting a bit of a blowback. You’re opening a Pandora’s box by doing something like this.
JD Vance is in a group chat with minors and tries to be cool with them. Come on, man...

"Vance added that because his son “doesn’t get what the President of the United States means,” he didn’t care that Trump was on the phone."

Or maybe it's because he understands something you currently don't, buddy.
Now I’m going into my mid 30’s and it’s no secret that I never grew out of it.
You don't "grow out" of these things. You simply lose interest.

Hey what TCG decks do we think the candidates would main? I think that would be a fun debate. I don't know what deck he's specifically running but I know Trump is showing up to a standard tournament with an expanded deck and leaving the store with a shouting match and a one-star review.

Hey what TCG decks do we think the candidates would main? I think that would be a fun debate. I don't know what deck he's specifically running but I know Trump is showing up to a standard tournament with an expanded deck and leaving the store with a shouting match and a one-star review.
Trump would show up to Worlds—having no points—with a deck of 600 fake gold Charizard ex.

The fact she flip flops on everything she stands for. One day she supports defunding the police and then next day she doesn't. She's a "Kamaleon". No telling what she really is anymore when she can't be consistent on what policies she's running on. She might very well be a left leaning centrist, but she flirts with the far-left and progressive woke. You don't want to be fake with them because they will come burn your house down.
I don’t really want to get involved, so this is the only comment I’ll make on this subject, but unironically using the word “woke” is a sign you don’t really know what you’re talking about in regards to progressive ideology lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back