Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't? That's something I should've been told earlier...
*facepalms*
If I didn't need to remember then why did I go re-read D1 of XXXIII?

Anyways, I just remembered 100%, so I'm fine now.

I'm actually reading Jesi's defensiveness as town, @quakingpunch73. The only time I've ever been scum in a game of Mafia was back in Vom's and Keeper's game, and one of the first things my team told me to do was not get defensive. If she's scum, her team must be really inexperienced. It does kinda turn into WIFOM, though, so not a huge point in her favor.

Also, Jesi didn't exactly call for an end of RVS; she just assumed it was over. While I agree that there was very little reason for her to assume this, it's not necessarily more indicative of scum than of new town.

That said, though, the rest of your points are all great. *nods* Carry on. :L

I'm actually reading Jesi's defensiveness as town, @quakingpunch73. The only time I've ever been scum in a game of Mafia was back in Vom's and Keeper's game, and one of the first things my team told me to do was not get defensive. If she's scum, her team must be really inexperienced. It does kinda turn into WIFOM, though, so not a huge point in her favor.
An inexperienced team will say fellow teammates should not get defensive. An inexperienced team will also say fellow teammates should get defensive. But an experienced team will say fellow teammates should be as defensive as they are as town. (This should also be common knowledge.)

I'll get on it, but keep in mind I can sometimes overlook things easily.
Please do.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions in saying Jesi is scum just yet. Her defensiveness is also similar to that of mine and her's back in quaking's and dos' game in which we were both town being accused of scum, so defensiveness seems like a thing town Jesi would do. Plus if she was scum she can't exactly play the role of the "newbie" since she had a few games under her belt, so her behavior at the start doesn't necessarily read scum. I'll say Jesi is town for now.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions in saying Jesi is scum just yet. Her defensiveness is also similar to that of mine and her's back in quaking's and dos' game in which we were both town being accused of scum, so defensiveness seems like a thing town Jesi would do. Plus if she was scum she can't exactly play the role of the "newbie" since she had a few games under her belt, so her behavior at the start doesn't necessarily read scum. I'll say Jesi is town for now.

Who are you talking to?

So I went through and looked through everything, but I didn't really see much that was worth commenting on since it's all mostly just vote posts with little to no additional points added. I found a few things, though, which are here:

##Vote: TheFlyingPidove for lurking.
This is where I got all confused and assumed RVS was over. I was thrown off by the "for lurking" part.
Trust me, we're nowhere near exiting RVS. Personal prediction: RVS will continue into Day 2 in this game. IDK why, it's just feeling like one of those games.
I understand you've already said you don't know why you think this, but if you could at least try to go more in-depth on this I'd appreciate it.
What does this mean? You aren't really sure how to RVS even though you aren't new? What does "my questioning scumhunting" mean?
Not sure about you guys, but to me, two things about this:
1) I don't think I ever said anything about not knowing how to RVS. I wasn't sure about how to scumhunt, although this could just be a simple slip-up on typing.
2) Questioning my wording when I'm pretty sure it should be obvious what I mean here.

I'm not sure whether you guys think these are actual scummy things or not, but I'm giving it a shot for now and I'll improve on these later if needed.

By the way, I want to just comment on this:
TLDR on Jesi:
-Wanting skip RVS
-Lying about being unable to scumhunt
-Posting some fluff
-Backpedalling
-Getting defensive (minor point)
1) I'll admit I get impatient, so I did kinda wanna get out of RVS, but it's fun dancing with votes, which makes it pretty fun. ^v^
2) I might have lied, but I can tell you it wasn't intentional.
3) I was thinking about posting that Mark picture earlier but I never got around to it. However, I still wanted it to be seen, so I posted it here, even though I could've probably done it in my art gallery. Nonetheless, it got noticed... for the wrong reasons.
4) I can't argue with this one, really.
5) So playing the way I normally do makes me scummy? I'm bound to get defensive. It's part of human nature.

The whole reasoning for my questioning scumhunting is because right now we're in some pretty heavy RVS (although I may have broken that and put myself up as a target without meaning to), and I'm not really sure exactly how to go about it. Maybe I should re-read Werewolf 33 and look there for starters.
This is the text that Camo was commenting on when I quoted his message, for reference.

Hey everybody!

Good point. I mean, techinically, we made a case on EM in your game for that, except he was just posting fluff.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: ExcalAura4D

Might as well. I'll probably end up voting every player today. Like I said above, dancing with my votes is pretty fun.
@ExcalAura4D , I'm tagging you so you know D1 has started.

...Well, that went places I didn't expect it to.

The whole reasoning for my questioning scumhunting is because right now we're in some pretty heavy RVS (although I may have broken that and put myself up as a target without meaning to), and I'm not really sure exactly how to go about it. Maybe I should re-read Werewolf 33 and look there for starters.

That kinda comes off as a bit rude to me. >_<"

Hmm I kinda read all of Jesi's posts thus far as someone who's lonely and wants people to talk to, as in no scum chat or any other contact with players in the game, but I guess that's how I read them.

So for now I'm inclined to say that they're town.

Also ##vote: quakingpunch for being a great liar (in previous game)

Aiming for one post every 24 hours.

The case on Jesi is strange. Generally, most of the things I'm seeing Jesi do are all things she normally does even in conversation, with the exception of "forgetting" how to scumhunt. If I know Jesi, she doesn't forget a thing if it's important to her, and I feel like this would be something important to her. Scumhunting is also fairly simple to do (look for slips like defensiveness, backpedaling, OMGUS, knowledge that they shouldn't have, etc), so I can't understand her confusion. Going to hold off a vote for now, though, as it's early, I want to see how the day goes, and Jesi isn't really scummy, she just wants to play the game.

Welcome back buddy! :D
Thanks! :D
I highly doubt there's any other Canadians in this game.
>.>
*cough*TGK*cough*Excal*cough*Mia*cough*
>.>

Ok, on to the actual game. \o/

2) I might have lied, but I can tell you it wasn't intentional.

Even though I kinda read you as town so far, this got my attention. First, why would you lie about not knowing how to scumhunt? Second, you can't lie unintentionally. Third, admitting to lying but saying it wasn't intentional is a terrible argument to justify your lying : <

Vom, I forgot you were Canadian. Sorry! >_<

Even though I kinda read you as town so far, this got my attention. First, why would you lie about not knowing how to scumhunt? Second, you can't lie unintentionally. Third, admitting to lying but saying it wasn't intentional is a terrible argument to justify your lying : <
1) I was trying to be as honest as possible. I did forget how to.
2) I'd argue to say you can, but I'll refrain going into that to protect myself from a lynch. In my situation though, I guess you could say I can't lie unintentionally about that.
3) Good point, it isn't that good an argument.

Vom, I forgot you were Canadian. Sorry! >_<
It's ok, people forget. :p Plus, I don't think we've met lol.
1) I was trying to be as honest as possible. I did forget how to.
But...you said you lied about it, even if unintentionally. And now you're saying you didn't. This is getting confusing. Did you or did you not lie about forgetting how to scumhunt?
2) I'd argue to say you can, but I'll refrain going into that to protect myself from a lynch.
Hm, fair enough, I guess. However, the best ways to protect you from a lynch are being clear (which you really aren't rn), not lying (if you do, you better have a good reason to, which you don't really have unless you're scum and are trying to look inexperienced), and obviously not going around screaming you're scum. You have like only 1 of those things, but it's D1, there are no other leads rn, and if you keep this up chances are you'll get lynched. Better explain yourself, and properly.

This doesn't feel like the Jesi I'm used to in the just past Splatoon Mafia.
I threw myself into a mess and it looks like it's gonna be hard to get out of it at this stage. However, I feel I will be able to prove why I'm not a good lynch candidate for today.

But...you said you lied about it, even if unintentionally. And now you're saying you didn't. This is getting confusing. Did you or did you not lie about forgetting how to scumhunt?
Great, now I'm confusing myself. I did not lie about forgetting how to scumhunt, I promise you that.

Better explain yourself, and properly.
I feel like Al Catraz is about to throw me into jail and get me a guilty verdict. I have a bad feeling about this...

This might look like a confusing jump from thought to thought, but basically, I'm feeling pressured, I didn't lie about forgetting scumhunting, and I really don't wanna be killed in Cycle 1 again. I'll be able to prove why I'm not a good lynch candidate today (Mafia day), but it'll come at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back