Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
How am I echoing you? I've read through your recent posts and all I see is this:
I missed someone saying that you should contribute. Who said that?

##UNVOTE VOTE: TGK
I was not asking you, I was asking Excal. Answering questions for other players disrupts scumhunting. I'm trying to get a read on Excal not you.

Unless I'm overlooking this, I don't really see a connection.

How am I echoing you? I've read through your recent posts and all I see is this:

Unless I'm overlooking this, I don't really see a connection.
It is an implied "you might have scumslipped". I guess it makes sense you wouldn't easily pick that up since you are still relatively new to the game.

That's called lurking if you're viewing the thread but doing nothing. It's seen as a scumtell.
v.v
How is this a scumtell?

That's called lurking if you're viewing the thread but doing nothing. It's seen as a scumtell.
You shouldn't see it as an automatic scumtell, unless it's all the person does.

Excal, not responding with an actual answer is what gets people killed. I see your sarcasm as stalling/avoiding the question, and you shouldn't really need to if you're town.

It is an implied "you might have scumslipped". I guess it makes sense you wouldn't easily pick that up since you are still relatively new to the game.
Okay, that connection makes a lot more sense to me now. It was just more subtle since you didn't go in-depth.

Being entirely honest it doesn't seem like I should ever care if people want to constantly vote for me on Day 1, I won't care because I won't be able to really "play the game" due to (seemingly) screwing myself over. Like going in with Mercy and expecting to not be targeted.
Thing is, people didn't want to vote you until you started making posts, because of the way you're presenting yourself as a player. It's okay to ask questions if you don't understand everything. And if you really don't want to play (since I'm getting a heavy vibe of "Get me outta here"), just ask PMJ to sub out.

EBWOP: People haven't started voting you, but you're placing a lot of suspicion on yourself, which isn't the greatest thing to have as a new player.

Oh, first thing I'd like to say is that I was watching a movie yesterday and I only had little time to read what was going on. Yes, the movie was great.

Isn't lurking usually a scumtell? That's what I thought it was, anyways...
What, so lurking is a scumtell because apparently it is a scumtell? If you're going to spout out tells you need to actually know why it is a tell and when it is a tell.

Thing is, people didn't want to vote you until you started making posts, because of the way you're presenting yourself as a player. It's okay to ask questions if you don't understand everything. And if you really don't want to play (since I'm getting a heavy vibe of "Get me outta here"), just ask PMJ to sub out.
Excal is fine. I don't see anything particularly suspicious about them.

You can just use "edit". :p
As in, type "Edit: People haven't started voting you, but you're placing a lot of suspicion on yourself, which isn't the greatest thing to have as a new player." as a new post.

EBWOP is some fancy acronym meaning the same thing that takes longer to type. :U

The case on ExcalAura4D is extremely weak and barely constitutes as a case; moreso as an attempt to get pressure off of her and onto someone who perhaps won't know how to respond due to this being their first game and conveniently giving her an opportunity. Jesi is starting to panic already, even though she's nowhere near the majority, which is not a good sign for her.

And as soon as I say that he gives us actual reason to take him into consideration for today.

Yes. I cast some suspicion on myself. No, that isn't anyone else's fault. No, I'm not whining saying "I don't like it get me out".

Being new is hard, you don't remember rules and whatever you do makes you super suspicious because why not, and I'm not paying that much attention due to the fact that I've been spending too much time in group chats about games I've yet to buy to keep my mind on this.

Final thoughts: I'm suspicious, cool, shoot me. Mind games are fun, too. I think that I can get away with things because no one knows how I play due to this being my first game.
1) Why would you want to actively cast suspicion on yourself? You're really not making things good for you, unless there's a reason that justifies it.
2) I'd suggest having the rules open in another tab. It allows for easy switching between the tabs for easy access, and reading through it constantly until you have some general understanding is recommended.
3) So you're fine with your own lynch? That's what it sounds like to me...
4) You can't get away with those types of things, actually. I certainly didn't in my first game. That mindset makes you look conceited, which is something people don't want in Mafia. Like bbninjas said, it also makes you look a bit scummy.

Is it just me or can I not keep track of all of TGKs friends haha..

Auras post sounds like arrogant town.

It's one of my favourite plays ;) haha! When I'm town and pressured I get arrogant...
However arrogance cN also be pretty scummy

Between Jesi and aura, either lynch would be alright!

Since no lynch is an option what are everyone thoughts for no lynch?

I know some are very anti no lynch, but I don't know, I see its benefits :)

No lynch is bad, because it reduces the information we can go off when going into Day 2. No voting patterns to analyse and no possibility of lynching scum. It is potentially (but generally not) a viable option when day phases are extremely short, like 24 hours or less. But we've got enough time to find a suitable lynch option in the time limit of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back