Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, to the problem with Jabberwock, I'll first take a look at the case on King X. It's very stretchy, especially as it is built around a lot of RVS votes that are being looked into far too much. To bring the case to its core:

I've bolded all the points based on RVS and voting patterns of the RVS stage, and King X explained (perhaps not the best) that Jabber misinterpreted his post as a contradiction here:
That wasn't the only contradiction. He slipped later:
That's a massive contradiction there. You don't don't vote until you have more than good reason to believe someone is scum? How about SS and NP?

Of course, all cases coming out of RVS have to being from somewhere, so the weak case isn't the problem. Rather, it is very scummy that Jabber continued to push. He ignores much of King X's points, and grasps straws as shown in his focus on RVS and when he contrasts RVS votes to King X's later votes (which are not the same) in the "major contradictions". I think what King X said sums up the King X case pretty well:

Normally Jabber is a bit more logical than this - he won't normally push for such flimsy cases. I think the tunneling/pushing of Jabberwock is him as scum afraid that dropping the case would invoke "backpedalling" accusations. In reality the opposite is true, as town players drop cases quite often, and this assumption is one that many-a-scum make when trying to "appear town". In fact, it is a trap I've fallen into multiple times as scum.
I swear we have a "tunneling D1" discussion something like once every few games.

I did not tunnel. KX was the only case existing for a while. Skyleaf's case is absurd; SS's was at the time only an RVS bandwagon. There is no reason not to push the only existing case, especially when I was seemingly the only one doing it. Yes, the original case was flimsy, but KX's responses only dug a deeper hole. He remains my top scumread.

The other thing is that most of Jabberwock's posts are RVS, or either completely or virtually completely focused on King X, with only a small portion actually interested in other cases or discussions (another indication). From those, there is another thing that in particular suggests a mafia alignment, which is this:
What other cases?

I can't remember if someone has already mentioned this, but this is the type of comments mafia tend to make, especially if the accused is actually town. It is an effortless and pretty much reason-less way to defend a lynch. If both are a scum, it defends a scumbuddy without being too vocal, and if the accused is town, it gives the towncred scum jump on. It's also a little hypocritical, as King X pointed out when giving his defense.
Skyleaf is still new. All the points on her can be attributed to new town as easily as scum.

That wasn't the only contradiction. He slipped later:
You claim I slipped now, but didn't even mention it once in the other posts against me? Also your only case on me having a contradiction is saying I don't vote until I see scum, but then I voted for people during RVS. Not to mention the entire SS fiasco where I give an answer and you turn that into a question, which just leads to a never ending loop of nonsense.

You claim I slipped now, but didn't even mention it once in the other posts against me? Also your only case on me having a contradiction is saying I don't vote until I see scum, but then I voted for people during RVS. Not to mention the entire SS fiasco where I give an answer and you turn that into a question, which just leads to a never ending loop of nonsense.
I did mention it. I even quoted the post in question. :L

You voted for random people well past the initial random voting stage.

What does me asking you questions have to do with anything?

I did mention it. I even quoted the post in question. :L

You voted for random people well past the initial random voting stage.

What does me asking you questions have to do with anything?
You never outright called a slip that's the difference. You can infer someone going off to the scumchat from just about anything, actually calling out a slip would've probably give your case more credibility.

RVS can go way into D2 if there's no solid leads. There were no solid leads when I voted for NP that last time and I even said multiple times I wasn't on board for either "cases" present. Was I just supposed to vote for myself?

There's a fine line between asking questions to progress the situation and one that just keeps the same argument stagnant. That argument was going nowhere the way you were handling it, we were just going in circles until I would give you an answer that fits your case.

RVS can go way into D2 if there's no solid leads. There were no solid leads when I voted for NP that last time and I even said multiple times I wasn't on board for either "cases" present. Was I just supposed to vote for myself?
Didn't you say that you don't vote unless you're confident the player is scum? If you didn't like any of the cases, fine, but the fact that there were cases shows that we were more or less out of RVS.

There's a fine line between asking questions to progress the situation and one that just keeps the same argument stagnant. That argument was going nowhere the way you were handling it, we were just going in circles until I would give you an answer that fits your case.
Clarifications don't keep the argument stagnant. I still don't see what this has to do with any of the other points at hand, though.

Didn't you say that you don't vote unless you're confident the player is scum? If you didn't like any of the cases, fine, but the fact that there were cases shows that we were more or less out of RVS.
Both Camo and GM had seemingly RVS votes around the same time too, and the case on SS was just starting out, there was nothing but assumptions at that point. You're also completely ignoring my post saying the game was finally getting somewhere which is when I retracted my vote. We already discussed all of this in full and now it's just being regurgitated now that there's suspicion on you.

As everyone worriedly stared down the screens of their electronic devices, the mysterious voice crackled back onto the PA system and took a breath before speaking.

“Freeze. No posts past now will count. Gather your belongings and meet in the cafeteria. Be prepared to reveal yourself, Squirtle Squad…”

The war wagers packed up their devices and made their way to the cafeteria, some going slower than others. “Squirtle Squad” was especially scared, a terrible pit feeling forming inside him. Being the first to die was particularly frightening, and he wasn’t ready to go yet. No one would be, he thought to himself, but someone had to take the first blow. It was better than watching everyone else in pain. As the last students finally arrived in the cafeteria, the cloaked person ordered everyone to gather chairs and walls so that the killing could be seen only by those involved in the school-wide war. The sounds of squeaking chairs made some even more nervous. One person had already burst into tears, but was trying their best to hide it and eventually calmed themselves down enough to deal with the death to come.

“So I’m sure everyone knows who they are, right? Squirtle Squad… your time has come. Please stand up…” ordered the cloaked person. He pulled out a knife from what seemed to be a pocket. Everyone looked nervously at each other, until at last, the codenamed water turtle army-bearing boy stood up… only to see they weren’t a boy, but rather a girl. A famous girl, in fact…

Squirtle Squad revealed himself! He was:
You are Amber Tzaziki, a young, hotheaded 12-year old aligned with the Interspectaculars. As if your day couldn’t get any worse, you’re now fighting off the Darks… again. Never one to back down from a threat, you’re raring to let these idiots have it, despite the fact that you aren’t exactly the smartest person yourself.

Active Ability: Pixel-Perfect Copy Ability

When you were created, an error in your code game you the ability to copy a famous video game hero’s “superpowers” by looking at their official artwork. Once per game, you may PM me the name of a dead player. You will copy that player’s Active Abilities and any abilities linked directly to those abilities for the remainder of the game. But unlike Kirby, who can get rid of his copied ability at will and get a new one when he wants, you’re stuck with what you have.

Win Condition: Kill all who pose a threat to the Interspectaculars.

As her orange hair blew in the wind produced by the air conditioning, Amber screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Look, I didn’t expect to go this fast. I didn’t think I was going to die this way. But you Arceusdamn Darks aren’t going to get away with this! I hate you all! Don’t think I’m going to just die and leave!!”

The last thing Amber saw was the cloaked being up in her face, one hand on her left shoulder and the other with a knife, lined up against her immortality patch, and she slumped to the ground with final respects paid to her by her closest friends.

Final Day 1 Vote Count

King Xerneas: 1 (Keeper of Night, scattered mind, Jabberwock, bbninjas, Jabberwock)
Reinforce: 1 (PMJ, Skyleaf2000, GM Draclord)
Keeper of Night: 1 (simsands, King Xerneas, Jabberwock, Luispipe8, quakingpunch73, King Xerneas, PMJ)
double o squirtle: 0 (quakingpunch73)
Skyleaf2000: 2 (double o squirtle, Reinforce, simsands, scattered mind, quakingpunch73, Squirtle Squad)
Jabberwock: 2 (Keeper of Night, King Xerneas, bbninjas, Reinforce)
bbninjas: 0 (Squirtle Squad, Keeper of Night, GM Draclord)
@Squirtle Squad: 3 (bbninjas, Camoclone, Skyleaf2000, King Xerneas, Reinforce, PMJ, Camoclone, Luispipe8, Camoclone)
Ice Espeon: 0 (quakingpunch73)
Luispipe8: 0 (Jabberwock)
PMJ: 1 (Jabberwock, bbninjas, Keeper of Night, scattered mind)
quakingpunch73: 0 (Camoclone, Squirtle Squad)
scattered mind: 0 (bbnnjas)

Not Voting: Ice Espeon, double o squirtle, Luispipe8, King Xerneas

Night 1 will end on Friday, August 5th, at noon PST. If you have any abilities that can be used at night, you may use them.

Last edited:
Day 2

A mysterious figure slinked through the hallways silently, tracing his steps and making sure he left no sort of identifiable trace. Scouting the area in hopes of finding a specific, certain user (of whom their appearance was kept confidential), he prepared his weapon of choice to kill them and snuck into the gymnasium after thinking they found their target. Upon entering, however, the figure was presented with a person, unidentifiable, but seeming to be impenetrable. Giving up, the armed character simply walked off.

Day 2 has started! It will end on Tuesday, August 8th, at noon PST. Majority to lynch is 9, as there are 15 players remaining.

Skyleaf's case is absurd
What other cases?
Why did you contradict yourself here? You said that there was no other case, but a few sentences later, you mention the case on Sky?

Skyleaf is still new. All the points on her can be attributed to new town as easily as scum.
No, she's not new. She's played in 4 games, including this one. 5 if you count the mini-game in The Challenge. By now, she should have more experience and know what's scummy.

Right now, Jabber has been more suspicious than Sky, with his tunneling of KX and grasping at straws (which bb brought up with his case), as well as his constant, weak, defense of Skyleaf. From his flip, I feel as if we'd get more info on Sky and KX, and knowledge is power. Camo's vote on SS, someone very few people read as scum, is putting him on my scumdar, but regardless:

##Vote: Jabberwock

Why did you contradict yourself here? You said that there was no other case, but a few sentences later, you mention the case on Sky?
You're twisting words; you know what I meant. I even said it here:
KX was the only case existing for a while. Skyleaf's case is absurd; SS's was at the time only an RVS bandwagon. There is no reason not to push the only existing case, especially when I was seemingly the only one doing it. Yes, the original case was flimsy, but KX's responses only dug a deeper hole. He remains my top scumread.
Sky's case, such as it was, was barely worth being called a case. In my view, KX was the only lynch worth pushing.

No, she's not new. She's played in 4 games, including this one. 5 if you count the mini-game in The Challenge. By now, she should have more experience and know what's scummy.
Twisting words again. New as in inexperienced. Sky has barely participated in any of the games she's played in. If she doesn't participate how is she supposed to be experienced?

Right now, Jabber has been more suspicious than Sky, with his tunneling of KX and grasping at straws (which bb brought up with his case), as well as his constant, weak, defense of Skyleaf. From his flip, I feel as if we'd get more info on Sky and KX, and knowledge is power. Camo's vote on SS, someone very few people read as scum, is putting him on my scumdar, but regardless:
Fine, I'll repeat myself.

I did not tunnel. KX was the only case existing for a while. Skyleaf's case is absurd; SS's was at the time only an RVS bandwagon. There is no reason not to push the only existing case, especially when I was seemingly the only one doing it. Yes, the original case was flimsy, but KX's responses only dug a deeper hole. He remains my top scumread.

##unvote

ok, thanks a lot, Xenforo :'v I'll read the cases and vote later if I'm here on time.

May I ask why did you unvote SS ? You were pretty confident he was scummy.

--

What other cases?

You kinda twisted what Jabber said right there. He didn't say there were no cases. He asked "what cases?" and right after that explained how bad he thinks the Sky case is.

Sky has been referred to as a new player/a player that is so inactive it doesn't worth to go after, because of the fact she is never active. It was mentioned by players like PMJ and even SS, which is now a confirmed dead town.

How do you know very few people read Camo as scum? What makes Camo's vote on SS particularly scummy to you ? The exaggerated points he made?

You're twisting words; you know what I meant. I even said it here:

Sky's case, such as it was, was barely worth being called a case. In my view, KX was the only lynch worth pushing.
You kinda twisted what Jabber said right there. He didn't say there were no cases. He asked "what cases?" and right after that explained how bad he thinks the Sky case is.

So, what about Sky's case was absurd, and barely worth pushing? She's been acting scummy, even asking to take her vote off of SS because of the pressure being placed on her.

Twisting words again. New as in inexperienced. Sky has barely participated in any of the games she's played in. If she doesn't participate how is she supposed to be experienced?

You specifically said new, though. She was also paying close attention to her playstyle, which is atypical for inactive players.

How do you know very few people read Camo as scum? What makes Camo's vote on SS particularly scummy to you ? The exaggerated points he made?

I was referring to SS. Camo's vote on SS was scummy because he voted SS at a late stage in the day when SS had no time to respond before he was lynched.

Wait, so no one was night killed? Well that's a first for me, so who was it?

##vote: Jabberwock

This I feel I'm quite sure of nailing scum

So, what about Sky's case was absurd, and barely worth pushing? She's been acting scummy, even asking to take her vote off of SS because of the pressure being placed on her.
I've said all this already. What are your points, that she's eager to please, worried about being accused of being scum, and paying attention to her playstyle? All of those can be attributed to the accused being new (inexperienced, w/e).

You specifically said new, though. She was also paying close attention to her playstyle, which is atypical for inactive players.
Inexperienced player = new player; terribly sorry for using synonyms. >.>

I've said all this already. What are your points, that she's eager to please, worried about being accused of being scum, and paying attention to her playstyle? All of those can be attributed to the accused being new (inexperienced, w/e).

I don't recall her being like this any of her previous games, so it was off for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back