Mario Kart Discussion Thread

I'm hopefully getting this game for Christmas, I've played it on a friends console and it seems fun~! I'll probably play as Yoshi most of the time [favourite character ftw? xD] but yeah ~

I don't own it yet but I know its going to give me hours of gameplay~!

catutie said:
Maka Wuhu glitch? Never heard of it....what is it?

I'll just paste what IGN says since they're more descriptive than me.

"While you are playing on Maka Wuhu, stop right before you enter the first tunnel. There will be an opening on the right just where the fence ends and the tunnel begins. Drive backwards so you are completely turned around and then drive off the edge so you land into the lake. If done correctly, Lakitu will drop you off just before the third checkpoint."

You can watch videos of it on youtube, a few people have posted it.

Peachy said:
In an attempt to promote some activity here, I present to you...

The First ever PokéBeach Members MK7 Tournament

To sign up, fill out this form. 8 players will be the cap, and first come, first serve.

Username:
Mii Name:
Times available:

The tournament will take place in the community set up by TheGuy, and the code is in the OP.

Username: Peachy
Mii Name: Peachy
Times available: Afternoons everyday except for Friday

Username: Chariblaze
Mii Name: Clayton
Times available: Anytime

ForeignDude said:
That being said...what on earth do you have to do to achieve 3 stars on 150cc? It's crazyness! I've come in first place on each track and collected 10 coins on each track but I end up with two lousy stars.

1. Come in first in every race.
2. Cross the finish line first 8/12 times. I stand corrected. I could've sworn I crossed it 6/12 times in Mushroom 150cc, but I still got three stars. Huh.

I thought for 3 star you couldn't use certain weapons too...or did they change that?

I'm almost 100% sure that the game looks at the time it takes you to finish. I was racing mirror star cup and did the Maka Wuhu glitch (Shhhhhh) and I got three stars.

I just wanted to say that I joined the PB community, and I might as well join this tourney.

Username: Meaty
Mii Name: Mehdi
Avialable Time: Anytime

What are the tourney's rules?

Tourny? Cool.

Username: scuba steveE
Mii Name: DiveE
Available Time: Anytime before 6pm EST on Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon and anytime between Tues-Thurs.

Signups so far:

Peachy
TheGuy
Chariblaze
The Yoshi
Meaty
scuba steveE
Starboard Driger
superpokemon67

That's 8.

And Meaty, as for the rule, the only thing that should be a problem is the Maka Wuhu glitch. Everything else is fair game. So basically "No Maka Wuhu glitch" is the rules.

Alright, looks like we got 8. Let's come up with a time and date for this (I'm free almost anytime. Tonight or tomorrow would be nice, so it's on the weekend.)

Peachy said:
Well, how does this Thursday (12th) at 4PM MST (5pm CST, 6PM EST) sound? or right now, if everyone is online?

Thursday should work. Online in the PB community now, as well.

Chariblaze said:
Online in the PokéBeach community now, as well.
I'll come on and play too if there are more than just the 2 of us on. I dislike one-on-one races most of the time. :/

Edit: Lol ninja'd, guess I'll go ahead and join the group.

Back