Mario Kart Discussion Thread

Yay! Metal Mario is Heavyweight!
That means he'll probably have the faster Karts!

Mizublue said:
^Ooo, goodie. I'm a light class only guy though, that's been my thing since DD. They seemed to drift the best, which is also my thing. And I'm dying really bad for Fawful in this game >.> even if that's kinda hopeful. Toon Link (I want crossovas too) would be kewl for TLoZ's 25th anniversary, but like I said, that's pretty hopeful... I dunno, knowing the big N we'll get Flurrie and there'll be a parent outcry lol.

Pfft Flurrie would have been less random then Queen Bee xD. I can see Paper Mario characters hitting the scene of MK pretty soon....based on this game...they will pick Kent C. Koopa...ya...random enough for ya? :p

So since all the characters are pretty much confirmed, is anyone kind of disappointed by the selection? I would have liked some more characters & a reason to why Waluigi was removed.

To all those who are disappointed at Waluigi being taken out of MK7, after the game comes out and you get severely addicted you are going to forget all about him. I rest my case.

That is very true...I don't really care about the character selection, there will always be one person that fits your driving style just right and you will use them....or your the person that forces themselves to get good with a person because you like them. :/ Lame...just play all of the characters and use the ones that you feel comfortable with (Baby Mario aaaaawwwww yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah)

I played the game at PAX this year. It is super freaking fun like in the old days. I might pick up a 3DS just for this (and OOT3D and SF643D XD). The new mechanics are interesting, thought they don't change much as far as I saw.

Also I saw that Rosalina is unlockable in-game and EFF YES.

also i am a bigger rosalina fan :T

So any pre-order/buy it on the first day bonus's revealed yet? The only one I know of is BestBuy giving a $10 Gift certificate for pre-ordering.

TheGuy said:
I created a community for PokéBeach on MK7, this way we may want to have tournaments or just race together casually.

The number is 61-5941-2631-6404

Oh this thread has been dead for a bit! Pretty odd. I've been using only the standard carts but I gotta say, those gliders are much cooler than I thought they'd be.

I've just recently unlocked the gold tires (Win all 8 cups on all 4 engine sizes), and have 1500 coins. This game is awesome. It is rushed, but its very polished and highly addicting.

So I've got all 3 stars on 50 and 100 cc and I've only managed to unlock Wiggler and Mii. This seems interesting, I thought I would have had a lot more new characters by now. It's good to know that I have a reason to score high on the rest of the engine classes.

In an attempt to promote some activity here, I present to you...

The First ever PB Members MK7 Tournament

To sign up, fill out this form. 8 players will be the cap, and first come, first serve.

Username:
Mii Name:
Times available:

The tournament will take place in the community set up by TheGuy, and the code is in the OP.

Username: Peachy
Mii Name: Peachy
Times available: Afternoons everyday except for Friday

Username: TheGuy
Mii Name: Justin
Times available: Afternoons (MST) except for Mondays

Oh man I finally got a star by my name! I've never accomplished that before, I'm so proud of myself. :D

That being said...what on earth do you have to do to achieve 3 stars on 150cc? It's crazyness! I've come in first place on each track and collected 10 coins on each track but I end up with two lousy stars.

I got the game...had 2 stars in everything 2 days later. Easy peesy :p. The only thing left is to go coin crazy and get all the stuff...and try to get 3 stars in everything but that is just crazy. I really like it...but....the underwater is kind of lame. I guess they couldn't do anything too crazy with it....but I still dread going under water (I'm looking at you Cheep Cheep Beach GO AWAY I HATE YOU).

Flying is alot better than I thought it was going to be. Once you get Swooper you can fly forever xD. I have Swooper, the umbrella, Daisy's flower...what other one is there? I'm at like 800 coins. Does coin runners add to your coins? If it does I may just do that for a while and get used to the battle arena's...because the new Peach place is annoying. It reminds me of Chain Chomp Wheel in that I just drift in a circle and shoot items out at people I pass.

My favorite level is Rainbow Road and Bowser's Castle :3. The new Rainbow Road is absolutely amazing and surprisingly easy. Bowser's Castle is just amazing and it's music is awesome when your in first place....but that also is a problem I see. The music only gets at it's best when your in first...for people that aren't very good...well they won't be in first to enjoy it.

I don't know why...but I can't stand Bowser's Neon City. UHHHHGGGGG I hate that track. Along with my all time most hated...that always comes back the stupid SNES Mario Circuit tracks that come back. I can't figure out what the secret to this track is...I've tried to learn what makes this track keep coming back...I played it over and over to learn it and beat the time trial but it just makes me hate it more. I can't stand it and it keeps coming back.

So in one of IGN's articles today they revealed Mario Kart 7 shortcuts and what not. One of them being the Maka Wuhu glitch. Looks like we'll be seeing a ton more of Maka Wuhu racers online now.

This just in...coin runners doesn't add to your coins :/. Maka Wuhu glitch? Never heard of it....what is it?

Back